PVC film for pools is widely used in their manufacture and decoration. This is a fairly durable and high-quality material that meets many requirements. Today we will find out what a film is for pools, in what cases it is used and how exactly the process of finishing the pools with film takes place.
PVC film is used to decorate ponds and pools with great success, which is why it has become so popular among summer residents who build pools in their own areas. We need such a film for waterproofing concrete bowls that let water through or for pools that leak due to poor-quality construction and materials.
The popularity of using film is also due to the price, which does not make you much money. Therefore, if you need to save the pool from leaks or to qualitatively waterproof the concrete pool, which is built without preliminary waterproofing, then PVC film is really the best option.
Basically, for the decoration of pools, a two-layer film is used. Its thickness is 1.5 mm, between the layers the material is reinforced with a special geotextile fabric. The outer layer of the film is processed by chemical means, due to which susceptibility to the activity of microorganisms is significantly reduced. Many types of film have the properties of preserving color, repelling limescale and dirt. Also, the pvf film for pool decoration is very durable and able to withstand tremendous pressure. It is resistant to ultraviolet, chlorine and salts.
Benefits of PVC Film
Like any building or finishing material, the film for pools has a number of advantages, which we will consider:
- A very fast finishing method, which significantly reduces the time, and therefore the financial costs of the customer;
- The film is at the same time both waterproofing and finishing material, therefore one more possibility of saving time and money is being seen here;
- Durable material, which subsequently works as an additional protection for the pool. An example would be the possibility of stretching the film and holding cracks in the pool bowl, up to several centimeters;
- Film pool decoration is much cheaper, sometimes even two to three times, when compared with ceramic tiles or mosaics;
- Excellent exposure to temperature extremes, external and internal.
The disadvantages of finishing the pool with foil
Below we present a list of shortcomings of this material, because of which many people refuse this method of decoration:
- A film that has been used for a long time may lose its external data: color and gloss;
- Choosing a film for waterproofing and finishing your pool, you will not find a huge variety of color schemes. The material is presented in just a small set of shades, which will have to be adjusted;
- The excellent appearance of the film is spoiled by butt joints, which are quite noticeable;
- The film is subject to a variety of mechanical damage and can be damaged by careless use of the pool.
Laying technologies for swimming pools
Most often, the film is laid by professionals with special knowledge, materials and equipment. But, sometimes, people want to try their own strength and lay down a film for pools with their own hands. Of course, without certain knowledge, little will turn out well, and so we have prepared for you a brief description of the process.
Before starting laying work, you need to put the pool in order and thoroughly clean the surface of the thicket from possible debris. A special geotextile substrate is glued onto the prepared and plastered surface. It significantly reduces the friction of the film on the thicket of the pool, in our case concrete, and thus increases the operating life.
The adhesive for laying the film is used elastic, so that after hardening it does not go cracked. The sticking itself takes place on a cleaned surface, gently and consistently. It is worth making sure that the film itself is clean, otherwise you can make a lot of mistakes when soldering.
Try to save material while working. To do this, even before the start of the process, remove the exact dimensions and make the most appropriate cutting of the film.
DIY film welding for a pool
So, the work goes on, the film gradually lays on the surface and immediately changes it. This process is very fast and the finish can end in a matter of hours, but only if everything is done correctly. And for this correct and uniform film tension, glue distribution, continuous cleaning of the soldering tool from carbon deposits, cleaning of excess glue from surfaces is necessary.
What is necessary for installation of a film for the pool
First of all, in order for the installation of the film to be successful, it is necessary to withstand all the requirements for installation, work in certain conditions, and only with the help of special tools and materials.
Installation of PVC film is carried out at a temperature of + 15 ° C or higher. According to experts, the film “clings” best in heat.
Also, it is worth stocking up with the necessary tools and materials, and this: high-quality solvent, leister (welding machine), hammer drill, knife, silicone pressure roller.
Of course, even a set of tools and high-quality materials may not be enough for proper installation, if there is no practical or, at least, theoretical knowledge. But, if you have such experience, or you can use the help and prompts of professionals, then you will definitely succeed in installing the film in the pool with your own hands.