We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Making preparations for the winter, many housewives prefer jam, compotes and freezing. Candied black currant fruits are a real delicacy that preserves vitamins and excellent taste. You should figure out how to make an original homemade dessert yourself, so that you can add it to baked goods, decorate cakes, and use it as a treat for tea.
Due to its high sugar content, dessert should be consumed in moderation.
Candied black currant
It is not difficult to cook candied currant fruits at home, for this you need the following ingredients:
- black currant - 2 kg;
- water - 400 ml;
- sugar - 2.5 kg.
It is necessary to perform a number of sequential actions:
- Sort fresh berries, remove debris, tear off the stalks.
- Wash the black currants and dry a little, scattering a thin layer over the fabric.
- Boil water, add sugar.
- Wait until it is completely dissolved and the liquid is clear.
- Place the black currants in a saucepan and pour over the syrup.
- Bring to a boil, turn off the heat and leave for 12 hours.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with a thin layer of granulated sugar.
- Gently remove with a slotted spoon and put the black currant berries on it in one layer.
- Gradually, over six days, dry them in the oven without closing the door and turning it on for 2-3 hours a day.
- At the stage of complete readiness, pour into a tightly closed glass container.
Important! Candied blackcurrant fruits are stored with or separately from syrup.
To add an original taste, the zest of lemons or oranges is added to the syrup.
The cooking recipe can be slightly changed:
- Clean berries are immediately laid out in one layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle them with sugar (200 g per 1 kg of black currant).
- Preheat the oven to 200 ⁰С and put the future candied fruits there.
- Soak for about 20 minutes, making sure that they do not burn, but evenly warm up.
- After readiness, pour them into foil and dry them.
- Add any nuts.
- Store in a clean glass container with a tight-fitting lid.
Candied red currant
For the preparation of candied red currant fruits, it is worth choosing varieties with a high dry matter content and a minimum amount of seeds.
Sugar syrup is boiled first. To do this, pour one glass of water into a saucepan, dissolve 1.5 kg of sugar, boil until completely transparent (about 10 minutes).
The procedure for preparing candied fruits is as follows:
- Fresh berries are washed in cold water, discarded in a colander.
- Pour them into a saucepan with syrup, boil for 5 minutes.
- Leave for 10 hours.
- Put on the stove again and cook for 20 minutes.
- The boiling mass is removed from the heat and filtered.
- Leave for two hours to completely drain the syrup and cool the currant berries.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on a tray or dish.
- Spread cooled candied fruits on it in slides, 10-15 pcs.
- They are kept in this state at room temperature for a week or in the oven - 3 hours at 45 ⁰С.
- Roll balls from the dried berries, roll them in sugar and dry again in the oven at a temperature of 45 ° C for 3 hours.
Important! High-quality candied fruits should not be wet and stick together easily.
To determine readiness, you need to squeeze the ball with your fingers. It should be firm and not sap. So that the prepared product does not dry out, it is packed in glass jars with tight lids, where it is stored.
Important! Candied fruits turn out to be too tough if they are overexposed in syrup.
The berries reach the stage of readiness at a syrup temperature of -108 ⁰С
Candied currant in the dryer
Using a dryer for the preparation of candied fruits allows you to simplify the process and prevent burning.
To get a tasty and healthy product, you need to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Peel the berries and wash them in cold water.
- Cover the black currant with granulated sugar, taking the ingredients in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Leave it overnight or for 8 hours to let the juice stand out.
- Cook for 5 minutes. and leave again for 8 hours.
- Throw in a colander and drain all the juice.
- Place on driers for 10-12 hours.
- Put the finished product in clean glass jars.
Candied fruits are prepared not only from currants, but also from other berries, vegetables and fruits.
In the refrigerator, the treat is stored for up to six months in a hermetically sealed container. The syrup can be used for soaking cakes, ice cream and making drinks, so it is poured into sterile jars and sealed tightly.
Do-it-yourself candied blackcurrant fruits are in no way inferior to the product that you can buy in the store. Their appearance may not be as presentable, but the naturalness of the ingredients and their high quality play a decisive role in the selection. Candied fruit recipes are simple and available for experienced and novice housewives.