Adjika has become a popular hot sauce for a long time. It is made from several types of peppers with the addition of many spices. Adjika from squash for the winter is an original recipe that not every housewife knows about. Meanwhile, the taste of this sauce is not inferior to the classic one. Even a novice chef can cook this dish.
Secrets of cooking adjika from squash
Squash sauce, otherwise dish pumpkin, is prepared in the middle or late summer when there are seasonal vegetables. It is from such products that it turns out to be the most delicious.
To prepare the sauce, use carrots, black and red peppers, dill, parsley. They are chosen of good quality, without damage and wormholes.
Patissons can be used both small and large. Bigger and ripe fruits are better. They are more saturated with starch and less water - the adjika will turn out thick. And if you take young fruits of a small size, the sauce will turn out to be more tender. There are fewer seeds in young vegetables, and they are not as coarse. And from large squash, you can make other preparations for the winter.
The classic recipe for adjika from squash
For this recipe, you can take squash of various sizes. The main thing is to get rid of the peel. Such fruits are easier to grind, the puree will be softer and more homogeneous.
Products and spices for preparations for the winter:
- squash - 2-2.5 kg;
- red peppers: Bulgarian and hot - 2-3 pcs.;
- well-ripened tomatoes - 1-1.5 kg;
- small carrots - 2 pcs.;
- garlic - 7 cloves;
- table salt - 20 g;
- granulated sugar - 30 g;
- deodorized sunflower oil - 100 ml.
Important! Squash for caviar for future use for the winter must be peeled. It is tough and can spoil the taste of the finished product.
- Peeled squash is cut into several parts.
- Carrots are washed, chopped into strips.
- Peppers of two types are peeled from seeds and chopped into small strips.
- Washed tomatoes are cut into large pieces.
- All vegetables are chopped in a meat grinder or blender. The puree is mixed until smooth.
- The vegetable mixture is placed in a deep saucepan and sent to the fire. Spices and oil are added to the puree, mix thoroughly.
- The mixture should boil, after which the heat is reduced and the vegetables are stewed for about 40 minutes.
For preparation for the winter, the sauce is placed in sterilized jars, closed and left to cool in a warm place.
Delicious adjika from zucchini and squash
This dish resembles classic squash caviar, but its taste is more multifaceted. The vegetable puree is smooth and tender. In winter, squash adjika will be a real find and a healthy quick snack. For this recipe, you can harvest large squash for the winter.
Vegetables and seasonings for future use:
- zucchini, squash - 2 kg each;
- onions, carrots - 1 kg each;
- bell peppers and tomatoes - 0.5 kg each;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 4 tbsp. l .;
- tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l .;
- refined sunflower oil - 0.5 l;
- vinegar (9%) - 80 ml.
Vegetables must be washed and peeled before stewing. On zucchini and squash, the peel is cut off. Then they are chopped into small strips. Dice the onion, chop the garlic.
Next, the caviar is prepared as follows:
- The finely chopped vegetable mixture of zucchini and dish pumpkin is spread in a deep saucepan with a thick bottom. Add 250 ml of butter to the vegetables and stew, reducing the heat, for about 1 hour. During this time, the liquid from the vegetables should evaporate.
- After this time, steel cut vegetables, pasta and seasonings are introduced into the caviar, mixed.
- The vegetable mixture is stewed for a little less than an hour.
- A few minutes before readiness, vinegar is introduced into the puree, mixed.
The ready-made caviar is distributed in a clean, sterilized container, rolled up and sent to a warm place to cool.
Important! Banks are not placed in the pantry until they have cooled down. At this time, the sterilization process is still ongoing in them.
Spicy adjika from squash
This side dish goes well with any main course. For snacks, the sauce is also good. You can just spread a small piece of bread on them and a hearty dinner is ready.
- large and small squash - 4-5 kg;
- red pepper (hot) - 3 pcs.;
- bell peppers, onions, carrots - 1 kg each;
- tomatoes - 1.5 kg;
- garlic - 1 medium head;
- parsley, ground black pepper, dill, suneli hops - to taste;
- sugar - 4 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 5 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil - 1 glass;
- apple cider vinegar - 50 ml.
All vegetables must be washed, peeled and cut into small slices. Next, the sauce for the winter is prepared like this:
- Put the onion in boiling oil and stew until transparent.
- The dish pumpkin, peeled from the skin, is finely chopped and stewed separately from the onion.
- Then carrots and bell peppers are fried separately.
- Tomatoes are peeled and interrupted with a blender along with garlic, hot peppers and herbs.
- All spices and seasonings are added to the spicy tomato puree, mixed thoroughly.
- Toasted ingredients must be combined and stewed for no more than a quarter of an hour.
After the adjika is corked in jars for the winter, as usual.
Important! Only after 12 hours the workpieces can be put into the pantry.
Recipe for adjika from squash with herbs
This sauce turns out to be spicy with an unusual pungent taste. It's all about the large amount of greens that are added to the vegetable puree.
To prepare this dish, take 2 kg of squash, other vegetables and herbs:
- onions - 3-4 pcs.;
- pepper "Spark" or "Chili" - a couple of pods;
- garlic - 3 heads;
- parsley and dill - 1 large bunch each.
Also, according to the recipe, you need to take a certain amount of spices and seasonings:
- tomato paste - 400 g;
- vinegar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil - half a glass;
- coriander - 1 tsp;
- sugar and salt - 2 tbsp. l.
It is not difficult to prepare Adjika in this way for the winter. According to the recipe, vegetables are first washed, peeled and cut into large pieces.
Next, the sauce with herbs for the winter is prepared as follows:
- Prepared squash and peeled onions are passed through a meat grinder.
- Then you need to add mashed tomatoes or tomato paste, mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan with a thick bottom and put on fire.
- The caviar is stewed over low heat for about half an hour.
- After that, bulk ingredients and butter are added to the mixture, stewed for no more than 10 minutes.
- Grind greens with garlic and red pepper and add to boiling puree, pour in vinegar.
After the sauce is cooked for no more than 5 minutes and poured into jars. For blanks for the winter, the container is closed with tin lids. After the can, you need to turn it upside down and wrap it up.
Adjika from squash with coriander and garlic
For the preparation of this dish, not only small fruits are used. You can cook adjika for the winter from large squash. Just before being crushed, they are peeled and the seeds are cut out. They are tough and can spoil the taste of the finished dish.
Main products for spicy squash caviar for the winter:
- squash - 1 kg;
- carrots - 2 pcs.;
- tomatoes - 2-3 large fruits;
- 1 medium onion;
- frying oil - half a glass;
- salt and sugar - 1 tbsp each l .;
- vinegar (9%) - 2 tbsp. l .;
- garlic - 3-4 cloves;
- coriander - ½ tsp
The dish pumpkin is washed, peeled and cut into small cubes, just like tomatoes. Chop the rest of the products.
- Take a deep frying pan, heat it on the stove, add oil. After 1-2 minutes, spread the squash, fry for 5 minutes over low heat.
- After that, carrots, onions and garlic are added to the stewed vegetables, the mixture is kept on fire for no more than 10 minutes.
- Introduce the tomatoes and simmer the mixture over low heat for a few more minutes.
- Then the vegetable mixture is transferred to the bowl of a food processor, and the rest of the seasonings and spices are added. The vegetable spice mixture is thoroughly chopped.
- The resulting puree is again poured into the pan and stewed for half an hour.
After the specified time has elapsed, the adjika will be ready, you can already feast on it. For preparations for the winter, caviar is transferred to jars and rolled up, observing all the rules. Adjika from fried squash with vegetables is ready for the winter.
The original recipe for adjika from squash with cilantro
This recipe uses a small amount of ingredients to make adjika. To increase the yield of the finished product, the number of ingredients is increased proportionally.
- squash, onion, carrot - 1 pc.;
- tomatoes - 2 pcs.;
- garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- refined vegetable oil - 50 g;
- cilantro - 1 sprig;
- hot pepper pod - optional.
The dish pumpkin is peeled and chopped on a grater along with the carrots. Finely chop the onion, garlic and cilantro. Tomatoes are immersed in boiling water for 1 minute, so that you can easily remove the skin, cut into small cubes.
- Heat the pan, add oil, wait 1 minute.
- The onion is fried until it brightens, then all vegetables and herbs are added to it, except for tomatoes and cilantro.
- Simmer the vegetable mixture for about half an hour until tender.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and cilantro, salt to taste.
Vegetable adjika is ready for the winter.
Rules for storing adjika from squash
The finished product is stored in the refrigerator for no more than a week. If adjika was subjected to heat treatment and rolled up in sterile jars for the winter, it can be stored in a pantry or cellar. It won't go bad for a year.
Adjika from squash for the winter is an easy-to-prepare and tasty dish. Having opened a jar of such caviar in winter, it can be eaten with mashed potatoes, fried fish or meat. Many people prefer to spread vegetable caviar on bread. The composition of squash adjika is varied. Such food will not be superfluous in winter, when live, healthy vegetables and herbs must be introduced into the diet during the period of vitamin deficiency.