Twenty years ago, few people even thought about the existence of such a fruit as an avocado. He was one of the representatives of overseas delicacies, which only special connoisseurs and gourmets knew and eaten. But as time went on, the product began to be in demand due to its unique properties, and now the presence of avocados on the shelves of the most ordinary stores no longer surprises anyone. He became a traditional representative of the overseas flora, like tangerines or lemons. Moreover, it is interesting that fried avocado has an even richer taste than the raw product.
Are avocados fried
Despite the fact that the appearance and taste of the avocado is more like a vegetable, it is a representative of the fruit kingdom. And fruits In Russia, frying is somehow not accepted. Therefore, until recently, it did not particularly occur to anyone to cook fried avocados. The recipe came, as usual, from America, the country that is the historical home of this tropical delicacy. He liked it and began to overgrow with all sorts of additives and nuances in cooking.
No one would argue that raw fruits are many times healthier than fried foods. All possible vitamins and substances valuable for health are preserved in raw fruits. But modern man is already arranged in such a way that the possibility of heat treatment seems, at times, very attractive, especially in the cold winter season. Moreover, many fried foods, despite their obvious unhealthy for the gastrointestinal tract, have very interesting taste and sometimes completely transform. Therefore, as a variety of the menu, you should sometimes allow yourself to fry avocados.
Fried avocados can also be used as a stand-alone dish, especially when cooked with other vegetables. But most often it is used as an independent snack for a variety of drinks or even as a side dish for meat or fish dishes.
The dish is most often deep-fried. But there are options for baking it or ordinary frying it in breadcrumbs.
Advice! Roasted avocados are best paired with garlic or mustard sauce, tomato paste, or mayonnaise dressing.
Roasted Avocado Recipes
There are already many recipes that use heat treatment of this exotic fruit.
You will need:
- 1 large ripe avocado;
- 2 eggs;
- 50 g of vegetable oil for frying;
- 1/3 tsp salt;
- ¼ a glass of flour or starch;
- juice from half a lemon;
- 2-3 st. bread crumbs.
- The fruit is peeled, pitted and cut into small slices.
- Sprinkle the peeled wedges with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Flour or starch is mixed with salt.
- Beat eggs in a separate container.
- Sprinkle the avocado slices with flour or starch, shaking off the excess, then dip them on a fork into beaten eggs and finally roll them in breadcrumbs.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the oil and fry the prepared slices from different sides.
- Spread the fried pieces on paper towels to drain off excess fat.
Serve with herbs and sour cream or mayonnaise sauce.
Avocados can be cooked not only solo, but also fried with vegetables and mushrooms. The result is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect even for a dinner party.
You will need:
- 200 g cherry tomatoes;
- 2 avocados;
- 1 sweet pepper;
- 300 g of champignons;
- 2 onion heads;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- ground pepper, salt - to taste;
- about 70 ml of vegetable oil for frying.
- The champignons are washed and cut into thin slices. Onions - in half rings, sweet peppers - in strips, cherry tomatoes - in halves.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion until transparent.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and, stirring constantly, fry until almost cooked.
- Salt, add cherry tomatoes and peppers, fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- The bone is removed from the avocado, peeled. Cut into two halves, and then into thin slices, about 4-5 mm thick.
- Add pieces of exotic fruit to the vegetable mixture with mushrooms, mix thoroughly.
- At the very end, add finely chopped garlic and ground black pepper.
With egg and cheese
This interesting recipe also comes from American cuisine, but the dish, although it belongs to the category of fried, is cooked in the oven. Therefore, it is much more beneficial to health.
You will need:
- 1 large avocado
- 1 egg;
- 2 tbsp. grated hard cheese;
- salt, black pepper, ground coriander - to taste.
- Peel the avocado, cut it in half and take out the pit.
- Break the egg into a separate container, shake slightly and add some salt.
- Gently spread the beaten egg and salt over the two avocado halves.
- Grated cheese is mixed with spices and sprinkled with halves of the fruit on top.
- They are placed in an oven preheated to a temperature of 200-220 ° C and baked until the eggs are ready for about 10-15 minutes.
Avocado, fried, or rather baked with an egg, is ready.
Calorie content of fried avocado
Of course, the calorie content of fried avocados increases, mainly due to the use of vegetable oil. If a raw product is characterized by an average calorie content of about 160 kcal per 100 g of product, then in a fried product it reaches almost 300 kcal per 100 g.
But, if you cook an avocado by baking it in the oven, as shown in the last recipe, then the calorie content practically does not change.
Fried avocado is an interesting and very tempting dish that combines crispy crust with tender fruit flesh that melts in your mouth. It can also be fried with other ingredients. It is truly a versatile product and any dish will benefit from adding it.