Among the variety of recipes for winter preparations, the Ten for the winter salad with eggplants stands out. Its balanced, rich taste goes well with side dishes or can completely replace them. The composition of the dish is similar in all recipes, but additives make it special - beans, spices, and even cabbage. By sticking to the recipe, you can make several cans of delicious salad at a bargain price.
Features of harvesting Dozens of eggplant for the winter
The name of the "Ten" salad is directly related to its recipe - each of the vegetables needs exactly 10 pieces. This proportion turned out to be successful, the taste of the salad is rich and harmonious. It is also very healthy, because vegetables stewed over low heat have a beneficial effect on digestion. As part of the Ten of eggplant for the winter, everything remains intact, right up to falling into a stewing pan. Eggplants, bell peppers, tomatoes and even onions - seasoned with ground pepper and garlic, the dish turns out to be tasty and moderately spicy.
For salad, you need to take fresh and not bitter vegetables.
The highlight of the "Ten" is the equal amount of vegetables, but the proportions can be slightly changed. For example, large eggplants for a dozen can be taken 1-2 less if tomatoes or bell peppers are small. It is very important that the vegetables are fresh and not bitter - this will affect the overall taste during the stewing process.
Serve salad "Ten" cold, like all appetizers with eggplant. Mashed potatoes, pasta and porridge, as well as meat and poultry go well with salad. Due to its dense consistency, it can be a full-fledged snack - you just need to add aromatic bread to it.
How to choose and prepare vegetables
An important step in preparing Dozens of eggplant for the winter is the preparation of the ingredients. With spices and marinade, the situation is clear - follow the recipe, but you will have to tinker with vegetables. Choose medium-sized young fruits for this winter salad. Ingredient selection rules:
- Garlic needs a new crop, large cloves without damage.
- Tomatoes should be ripe and fleshy, preferably sweet.
- Eggplants are suitable for young, with firm skin. Old fruits will taste bitter, their structure is not so juicy.
- Bell peppers: it is better to choose red ones, they are sweeter.
- Onions are desirable for a small and fresh harvest, they should not be too "aggressive".
- If the recipe includes carrots, they should be medium-sized, sweet and juicy.
Medium-sized fruits are best.
The rule "10 eggplants, 10 peppers and 10 tomatoes" for the "Ten" is complemented by the same amount of onions. The first step in preparing any of her recipes for the winter is to thoroughly wash and dry the vegetables with a paper towel. After that, you need to cut them, each has its own recommendations:
- Eggplant. Cut in half rings, if the skin is bitter, peel them.
- Tomatoes. Chop small pieces last.
- Bow. Chop into half rings of medium thickness so that they are not quite thin.
- Garlic. Use a garlic press.
- Bulgarian pepper. Cut into strips, first remove the core.
- Carrot. Peel, cut into circles.
Cooked vegetables should be free of rotten areas, peel or seed debris. They will need to be placed in a saucepan or cauldron in layers, so it is better to arrange the chopped ingredients in separate bowls.
Step-by-step salad recipes Ten eggplant for the winter
The best eggplant recipes for the winter "All in 10" are made from ripe medium-sized vegetables, it is better to set aside large specimens for other dishes. It is important to observe the indicated proportions, and also to carefully look whether the jars need to be sterilized or not. If you want to diversify the recipe, you can turn to the unusual variations of the "Tens" with beans, carrots and cabbage.
A simple salad recipe Ten eggplant for the winter
The base ingredient set in this Ten's recipe creates a balanced flavor without being too hot or sweet. Suitable for those who are preparing "Ten" for the winter for the first time - over time it will be possible to diversify the recipe.
- eggplants, bell peppers, tomatoes and onions - 10 each;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml;
- sugar - 150 g;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- vinegar 9% - 90 ml.
From medium-sized vegetables in such an amount, you will get 2 liter or 4 half-liter cans.
The salad is moderately spicy and sweet
- Cut the ingredients according to the above scheme: half rings and strips.
- Without peeling the peels off the eggplants, sprinkle them with salt and leave for 20 minutes. Wash thoroughly and dry slightly.
- Put the ingredients in an uncoated saucepan (preferably a cauldron) in the following order: tomatoes, eggplants, then onions and pods.
- Sprinkle with sugar and salt, add oil and vinegar.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes on low heat, stirring very gently. If you make sudden movements, the salad will turn into porridge.
- Arrange the prepared salad in sterilized jars and roll up.
Cover the finished blank for the winter with a blanket, let it cool slowly in a warm place.
Important! You can select the size of vegetables based on their comparison with average specimens. For example, 2 large eggplants instead of 3 medium ones.
Ten eggplant and bell pepper salad
Bell peppers are an essential component of canning a Ten salad for the winter. To accentuate the taste on it, it is enough to add garlic to the composition. Of course, the pods should be sweet, and for a beautiful color of winter salad, you can use colorful vegetables.
- tomatoes, eggplants, bell peppers and onions - 10 each;
- garlic - 10 cloves;
- olive oil - 1 faceted glass;
- vinegar 9% - 100 ml;
- sugar - 100 g;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l.
For this recipe, you will need 4-5 cans of 500-700 ml, they must first be sterilized by steam.
It is better to choose fleshy and juicy pepper pods of different colors
- Wash and peel the fruit.
- Cut the pure ingredients into cubes, the garlic into slices. They should not be too small, otherwise they will boil during the stewing process. If the eggplants are bitter, sprinkle them with salt, wash after 15-20 minutes.
- Put vegetables in a saucepan, add sugar, salt and oil to them. Cook over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Add vinegar and sugar, simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Arrange the hot salad in prepared containers, twist. Turn over and shake the cans over the towel. If spray is flying, repeat the rolling procedure.
Cover the finished "Ten" for the winter with a blanket, after cooling, turn over and store in the usual way.
Eggplant Ten with garlic for the winter without sterilization
Among the recipes for cooking Ten eggplants for the winter, a special place is occupied by the option without sterilizing cans. It has several advantages: less operating time, there is no need to create a "bath" in the kitchen, sterilizing with steam. However, cans should still be washed thoroughly with detergent and baking soda.
- tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, eggplants - 10 each;
- vegetable oil - 250 ml;
- sugar - 250 g;
- vinegar - 0.5 cups;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l.
To prevent the salad from burning during cooking, it is better to use a cast-iron cauldron
- Peel and cut the fruits into large cubes, put them in a cauldron.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients, add 1 liter of boiling water and stir.
- Pour hot marinade into a saucepan with vegetables, simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Stir the mixture gently several times, being careful not to crush the vegetables.
Arrange the ready-made salad for the winter in prepared jars, roll up.
Important! To prevent the vegetable mixture from burning, you need to cook it in a saucepan with a thick bottom. For the "Ten" it is best to use a cast-iron cauldron.
Spicy salad Ten of blue ones for the winter
Harvesting for the winter with blue "10 to 10" can be spicy - just add spices. This "Ten" recipe is a little more complicated, you need to strictly observe the proportions.
- bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and eggplants - 10 each;
- carrots and garlic cloves - 10 each;
- vegetable oil - 200 ml;
- sugar 150 g;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- vinegar 9% - 100 ml;
- bay leaf - 2-3 pieces;
- red and black ground pepper - 0.5 tsp each.
The salad can be served with meat dishes
- Wash and peel the fruits, and peel the carrots.
- Put carrots, eggplants, onions, bulgarian straws, tomato slices on the bottom of the pan, sprinkle with salt, sugar and pepper (0.5 of the total mass). Pour in oil, the rest of the spices, salt and sugar.
- Put on low heat, bring to a boil, then cook for 10 minutes. Once the ingredients have yielded juice, turn the heat up slightly and cook for another 45-50 minutes.
- Arrange the salad in sterilized jars, roll up. Wrap up with a blanket until it cools completely.
If 1 serving of salad from so many spices turned out to be too spicy or bland, the second time you can adjust the amount of spices.
Ten eggplant for the winter with carrots
If there are no ripe tomatoes, the recipe for eggplant for the winter Ten, as seen in the photo, can be modified. Using good quality tomato paste will create a delicious dish.
- eggplants, onions, bell peppers, carrots - 10 each;
- cloves of garlic - 10 pieces;
- onion - 1 head;
- sunflower oil - 150 ml;
- vinegar 9% - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 5 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- tomato paste - 5 cups diluted;
- spices for Korean carrots - to taste.
Tomato paste for the "Ten" salad needs to be bought only of high quality, the cheap one will be liquid and tasteless.
Carrots add sweetness to the snack
- Cut the eggplants into cubes, fry in sunflower oil.
- Cut the pods into strips, carrots - on a grater with a Korean recipe attachment, onions - in half rings. Cut the garlic into strips.
- Combine fried onions and eggplants with other ingredients, pour over a solution of tomato paste. Add sugar and salt.
- Boil the mixture for 5-10 minutes, then add spices, vinegar and garlic.
- Simmer the fruits for another 10-15 minutes, then pour into sterilized jars and twist.
Because of the pasta, the "Ten" may not be so thick, but it will not be inferior to the classic recipe in taste.
Video of a salad recipe Ten for the winter:
Harvesting for the winter Ten eggplant with beans
An amazing preparation solution is to combine the side dish and vegetables right away in the jar. Such eggplants for the winter in the Dozens with photos recipe illustrate the advantages of this method - it is easy to perform, but very tasty and satisfying.
Important! Red beans should be regular and boiled. You cannot buy a canned product in tomato sauce for Dozen.
- onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots and eggplants - 10 each;
- beans - 0.5 kg;
- vegetable oil - 300 ml;
- salt - 75 g;
- sugar - 150 g;
- vinegar 9% - 50 ml;
- allspice peas - to taste.
Beans are a source of valuable vegetable protein
- In a cauldron in oil, fry finely chopped onions for 10 minutes, do not forget to stir.
- Grate the carrots and add to the onion, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pods, chopped into strips, add to carrots, simmer according to the old scheme.
- Cut the eggplants into large cubes, pour into the cauldron. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the components into a cauldron with grated tomatoes, continue stewing for 10 minutes.
- Boil the beans for an hour, add them to the vegetable mixture.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt and spices, simmer for about an hour.
- Pour the salad into the jars, roll them up.
From this amount of products, about 5 liters of ready-made salad will turn out - this calculation is correct only for this salad.
Salad Ten zucchini and eggplant
An interesting version of the "Ten" without eggplants, instead of them they take zucchini and mushrooms. The taste of the salad turns out to be bright and unusual, it is important that the mushrooms are fresh, they must be well washed from the ground.
- tomatoes, young zucchini, large mushrooms, onions - 10 pieces each;
- vegetable oil - 200 ml;
- parsley and dill - 1 bunch each;
- salt - 2.5 tbsp. l .;
- vinegar 9% - 200 ml;
- ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp.
Eggplant goes well with other vegetables, especially courgettes.
- Wash the zucchini, cut into circles or cubes half a centimeter thick and a little more, fry in oil. They should be browned on both sides.
- Cut the onion into thin half rings, the mushrooms into plates. First, fry the onion, then add the mushrooms to it until the moisture evaporates.
- Fry the tomatoes, cut into circles, in a separate frying pan, then mix them with onions, mushrooms and zucchini.
- Pour finely chopped herbs, spices to the vegetable mixture.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, add vinegar at the very end.
- Arrange the "Ten" salad in sterilized jars, roll up the lids.
Eggplant Ten for the winter with cabbage
This recipe for eggplant Ten for the winter with a photo is somewhat different from the traditional one - it does not contain half of the ingredients, but cabbage appears. The winter snack turns out to be more satisfying, but not as rich in taste.
- eggplants, carrots, garlic cloves - 10 each;
- black peppercorns - 10 pieces;
- fresh cabbage - 1 kg;
- vinegar 9% - 0.5 cups;
- spices to taste.
Cabbage salad can already be tried in a week
- Cut off the tails of the eggplant, cook with the peel for 5-7 minutes after boiling.
- Chop young cabbage and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Grate carrots, put on cabbage.
- Pass the garlic through a garlic press, and finely chop the red pepper into a pod. Add them to other ingredients, as well as peppercorns.
- After cooling, cut the eggplants into large cubes, mix them with the mixture, adding salt and sugar, then vinegar.
- Spread the mixture in sterilized jars (cooled down), roll up with plastic lids.
You can try this salad in a week. Store in a cool place, to taste "Ten" with cabbage resembles sauerkraut, but tastier.
Storage terms and rules
Eggplants cooked in the form of "Ten" can be stored, like other preparations for the winter - in a cellar or another cool place. Keep the prepared salad away from sources of heat and bright light. If the "Ten" was prepared for the winter with cabbage, it should also be stored in a cool place (preferably in the refrigerator if the canning was in the summer).
As for the shelf life, "Ten" will withstand the whole winter, if conditions are suitable. Readiness will reach 1.5-2 months after cooking, but it is better to wait even longer.
Ten for the winter salad with eggplant is a great addition to lecho, pickled cucumbers and tomatoes. This is a real storehouse of vitamins for winter, it cooks quickly and goes with any second dish. You can vary the recipes, making each portion of the Dozen special.