Any sausage can now be bought in the store. But self-prepared is much tastier, moreover, here you can be sure of the quality and freshness of the ingredients used. Cooked-smoked sausage at home is relatively easy to prepare, the main thing is to first study the description of the method and follow the instructions exactly.
Classification and types of cooked-smoked sausages
A product can be classified according to the following criteria:
- Meat used (beef, pork, chicken, turkey, rabbit, lamb, horse meat). The most delicious is beef and pork boiled-smoked sausage.
- "Drawing". It is created on the cut by adding pieces of bacon or tongue to the minced meat. Most believe that this has a positive effect on the taste of a homemade product.
If we talk about store-bought boiled-smoked sausages, according to GOST, they are classified according to the quality of raw materials for a product of the highest, first, second and third grade. Products of the highest category are considered the highest quality and tastiest, because lumpy meat is used for cooking (its content in minced meat is from 80%), without white.
In the industrial production of sausages, the use of chemicals is inevitable, so homemade products are much healthier.
Important! Of all the cooked-smoked sausages, "Cervelat" is considered the best in quality and taste.
What does boiled-smoked sausage look like?
According to the main characteristics, boiled-smoked sausage differs from boiled sausage by a more "friable" consistency and a light, but noticeable smoked aroma. The cut shows that the minced meat for her is not a homogeneous mass, but separate small pieces. Compared to smoked sausage, cooked-smoked sausage is softer, as it contains more moisture. Her taste is not so intense.
The easiest way to "identify" a cooked-smoked sausage is by its cut
Important! The cut color can range from pale pink to deep deep red. It depends on the type of meat used. But in any case, voids are not allowed.
How many calories in cooked smoked sausage
The energy value of a product depends on the type of meat used. On average, the calorie content of boiled-smoked sausage per 100 grams is 350 kcal. It also has a high fat content (30 g per 100 g) and proteins (20 g per 100 g) with a complete absence of carbohydrates.
Based on this, it cannot be considered a dietary product. It should be included in the diet in moderation, otherwise problems with the digestive system are quite likely. However, as a valuable source of protein that provides the body with energy, it will be a useful supplement to the menu for those who do hard physical work or practice intense sports training.
General technology for the production of cooked smoked sausages
Homemade cooked-smoked sausage is much tastier than store-bought sausage, because the cooking process does not use flavors, dyes, thickeners and other chemicals. But in order for the quality of the finished product to be at its best, it is necessary to take into account several important nuances:
- Minced meat is best prepared with a mixture of beef and pork. The least suitable meat is lamb. Even heat treatment is unable to “beat off” its specific smell and taste.
- It is advisable to buy meat chilled and well-cut, without tendons, cartilage and films.
- If the meat has to be thawed, this should be done gradually, taking it out of the freezer and leaving it on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator.
- In order for the minced meat to acquire the necessary density, the shells of boiled-smoked sausage stuffed with it are suspended for 2-3 days, giving it time to "shrink".
- Finished household products need to be dried. If there are several of them, the loaves are hung at least 15-20 cm apart so as not to impede air circulation.
- The sausage is smoked only with a tightly closed lid, otherwise the firewood, instead of producing the necessary smoke, will simply burn out.
For homemade cooked-smoked sausage, a natural casing is preferable, rather than edible collagen
Important! Smoking chips must be one-dimensional. Otherwise, the smallest ones light up first, and the big ones - much later. As a result, the shell becomes covered with soot and / or burns.
How much boiled smoked sausage needs to be cooked
It takes at least an hour to cook boiled-smoked sausage. Some recipes involve cooking for 2-3 hours. The main thing at this time is not to let the water boil and constantly monitor the temperature with a thermometer.
Cooked smoked sausage recipes
Recipes and cooking techniques for homemade smoked sausage vary mainly depending on what kind of meat is used.
Smoked-cooked pork sausage
Cooked smoked pork sausage is considered one of the most delicious. For its self-preparation, you will need the following ingredients:
- pork (best semi-fat and chilled) - 1 kg;
- table and nitrite salt - 11 g each;
- sugar - 4-5 g;
- cold drinking water - 50 ml;
- any spices to taste (most often they take ground black or white pepper, nutmeg, paprika, coriander) - about 5-8 g (total weight).
Homemade pork boiled-smoked sausage is prepared as follows:
- Wash the meat in cool running water, dry it, send it to the freezer for 20-30 minutes to lower its temperature to 10 ° C.
- Cut the pork into 7-8 mm thick slices, and each of them, in turn, into long strips.
- Wrap the meat in cling film, put it back in the freezer for about an hour. The pork should be slightly "seized" by the ice on the outside, but remain soft on the inside.
- Add sodium chloride and nitrite salt, water to the meat, knead until the pieces "stick together" into a homogeneous mass.
- Freeze the minced meat again for an hour, wrapping it in cling film.
- Transfer it to the refrigerator. The average period is 3-5 days, everyone determines this to his taste. The longer the semi-finished product lies in the refrigerator, the saltier the finished product will be. The holding time varies from 1-2 to 12-14 days.
- Put the minced meat in the freezer again.
- Mix spices and sugar. Add them to the minced meat, mix thoroughly, return to the freezer for an hour.
- Fill the shell tightly with the resulting mass, form the sausages of the desired length. Leave to dry overnight at room temperature.
- Smoke hot for 2-3 hours.
- Cook for 2 hours in a saucepan, not letting the water temperature rise above 75-80 ° C.
- Dry the sausage, smoke for another 4-5 hours.
The readiness of a cooked-smoked delicacy is determined by its characteristic brownish-golden color.
Cooked-smoked chicken sausage recipe
This recipe is relatively simple, suitable even for novice cooks. Required Ingredients:
- whole medium-sized chicken - 1 pc.;
- table and nitrite salt - 11 g / kg of cut meat;
- black peppercorns - to taste
- any spices to taste.
Cooking boiled-smoked chicken sausage at home according to the recipe:
- Remove the skin from the chicken. Cut meat off the bones to the maximum, white separately.
- Chill the chicken in the freezer for about an hour.
- Cut ordinary meat into small (1-2 cm) cubes, and white meat twice through a meat grinder, setting the grill with the smallest cells. The combine itself also needs to be cooled.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix the minced meat thoroughly, preferably with a mixer.
- Cover the container with cling film, send it to the refrigerator for 2-3 days, stirring at least once a day.
- Fill the casing not too tightly with minced meat, form the sausages. Pierce each 2-3 times with a toothpick.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper so that they do not touch each other. Place in a cold oven. Heat it to a temperature of 70-75 ° C, keep it there for an hour. Or cook sausages for about the same amount at the same temperature.
- Smoke cold for 24 hours or hot for 2-3 hours.
Important! Cooked smoked sausage should not be eaten immediately. For about a day, it is ventilated at a temperature of 6-10 ° C.
This sausage is quite suitable even for baby and diet food.
How to make boiled smoked turkey sausage
Boiled-smoked sausage from turkey drumsticks looks very original. It will require:
- turkey drumsticks (the larger the better) - 3-4 pcs.;
- pork belly or smoked lard - a third of the net weight of turkey meat;
- nitrite and table salt - 11 g / kg of minced meat;
- coriander seeds and ground black pepper to taste.
Cooked-smoked turkey sausage is made as follows:
- Remove the skin from the legs with a "stocking". Cut the bone as close to the top as possible, leaving a "pouch".
- Cut off the flesh to the maximum, chop half finely, and pass the second through a meat grinder along with brisket or bacon.
- In a common container, mix the minced meat and pieces of meat, weigh, add spices and the required amount of salt.
- Fill the "bags" with minced meat, tie with twine, sew up from the bottom with culinary thread, wrap each with parchment paper. Let stand overnight in the refrigerator.
- Transfer the semi-finished product to a saucepan, pour cold water, bring the temperature to 80 ° C, cook for 3 hours.
- Remove the drumsticks from the pan, cool, hang for 4-5 hours for airing.
- Smoke hot at 80-85 ° С for 3 hours.
Before use, this boiled-smoked sausage is ventilated again.
We must not forget to cut the thread and twine from the finished sausage.
Cooked smoked pork sausages with garlic
Garlic gives the finished product a light aroma and flavor. Ingredient List:
- medium fat pork, veal and lard - 400 g each;
- strained beef broth (cooked with onions, carrots and salt) - 200 ml;
- powdered milk - 2 tbsp. l .;
- ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp;
- minced dry garlic and coriander seeds - to taste;
- table salt - to taste.
How to prepare:
- Rinse and dry meat and lard.
- Grind half of the meat and lard in a blender to the consistency of a paste, gradually pouring in the broth, the second finely chop into cubes.
- Put everything in a bowl, add spices, stir thoroughly.
- Salt and stir. Pour in milk powder and bring the composition to homogeneity. Let the minced meat stand for about an hour at room temperature.
- Fill the shell with minced meat, forming sausages. Pierce each several times.
- Put them in a saucepan with hot (80 ° C) water, cook for an hour strictly at this temperature.
- Cover the bottom of a large saucepan or cauldron with foil, pour wood chips onto it for smoking. Install the wire rack, spread the sausages on it. Close the lid. Smoke for about an hour, turning on the hotplate almost to the maximum.
Before serving, the sausage cools down at room temperature for about 3 hours.
Beef smoked-boiled sausage
One of the best store-bought boiled-smoked sausages is Moskovskaya. It is quite possible to cook it at home. You will need:
- chilled premium beef - 750 g;
- lard or back fat - 250 g;
- cold drinking water - 70 ml;
- table and nitrite salt - 10 g each;
- sugar - 2 g;
- ground black pepper - 1.5 g;
- ground nutmeg - 0.3 g
Homemade boiled-smoked "Moskovskaya" is prepared as follows:
- Pass the beef through a meat grinder, pour in water, add both types of salt, grind with a blender.
- Add spices and lard, cut into small cubes, mix thoroughly.
- Stuff the minced meat into the casing as tightly as possible. It is more convenient to use a special syringe or meat grinder attachment.
- Hang the sausages for 2-3 hours at room temperature, allowing the minced meat to settle.
- Smoke at 90 ° C for about an hour. Then cook for 2-3 hours at a temperature not exceeding 80 ° C.
- Smoke in a warm way for 3-4 hours, not allowing the temperature to rise above 45-50 ° C.
The finished sausage is first cooled at room temperature, and then it needs to lie in the refrigerator overnight.
How to make cooked smoked sausage in the oven
In the absence of a smokehouse, boiled-smoked sausage can be cooked in the oven using "liquid smoke". Having formed the sausages, they are coated with ready-made seasoning and laid out on a greased grate, sending it to the oven. Smoking takes about 1.5 hours. It is good if the oven has a convection mode.
After that, the sausage is boiled for about an hour, not allowing the water to boil. And immediately cooled by dipping in cold water for 15 minutes.
How to smoke boiled sausage
You can smoke boiled sausage both cold and hot. But the second one is more popular. The procedure takes less time, does not require a special design smokehouse and gives a certain "freedom of experiment".
When smoked in a cold way, the sausage is noticeably drier, the salt and spices are felt more strongly. The procedure can take several days. Exact adherence to instructions is required.
How much and how to store boiled-smoked sausage
The shelf life of cooked-smoked sausages when stored in a refrigerator or other place at a constant temperature of 0-4 ° C is no more than two weeks. To prevent the loss of moisture and absorption of foreign odors, the sausage is wrapped in foil (2-3 layers) or placed in an airtight container.
Is it possible to freeze cooked smoked sausage
Freezing cooked smoked sausage is not contraindicated. The shelf life in the freezer is increased to 2.5-3 months.
Before putting it in the freezer, keep the homemade sausage in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, letting it dry well. They also defrost it gradually.
Homemade boiled-smoked sausage from any meat is very tasty, and in moderation it is also good for your health. Even an inexperienced chef can cook such a semi-finished product on his own, you just need to first study the general principles and important nuances of the technique.