Tea with lemon and honey has long been the main remedy for the treatment of colds. Along with medications, doctors recommend drinking this healthy drink, which consists only of natural products.
Today, shop shelves are overflowing with various teas. But none of them can beat the drink with the addition of honey and lemon. In addition to these components, herbs can be added to tea, which help to cope with many diseases.
Composition and calorie content of tea with honey and lemon
To understand what the drink consists of, it is worth considering each of the ingredients separately.
The composition of black tea includes:
- tannins, in particular tannin;
- vitamins A, B, P;
- amino acids;
- zinc and other useful elements.
Chemical composition of green tea:
- almost all groups of vitamins;
- 17 amino acids;
- minerals (phosphorus, potassium, fluorine).
The composition of honey includes:
- carbohydrates (glucose, fructose);
- amino acids;
- micro and macro elements (potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, iron);
- vitamins B, C, PP;
- vitamins A, B, C;
- macronutrients (magnesium calcium, potassium);
- trace elements (iron, copper, fluorine, zinc);
The calorie content of tea with honey and lemon is 30.4 kcal per 100 g of the drink.
Why is tea with honey and lemon useful?
The benefits of tea with honey and lemon can be discussed for a long time. Tea itself is a tonic drink, and in combination with honey and lemon, its beneficial properties are doubled. Drinking a drink has the following benefits for the body:
- removes toxins and toxins;
- normalizes blood pressure;
- enhances immunity;
- relieves pain in inflammatory processes;
- has antiseptic, firming and anti-aging properties.
Doctors recommend drinking hot tea with lemon and honey regularly at the end of September when the weather worsens. Vitamin C, which is found in lemon, is essential for preventing colds and strengthening the immune system.
The benefits of green tea with lemon and honey
Green tea with honey and lemon has a double benefit to the body. The drink tones and relaxes. It is useful for stress and anxiety. Medical research has shown that green tea prevents the development of atherosclerosis, slows down the multiplication of cancer cells, stabilizes blood sugar levels, and helps fight extra pounds.
Also, the drink is useful for colds, bronchitis, cough, indigestion, depression.
Is tea with lemon and honey good for weight loss?
Nutritionists strongly recommend drinking a slimming drink. It removes excess water from the body, therefore it is prescribed for edema, as well as for those who have cellulite.
The drink contains a large amount of tannin, which has a pronounced antioxidant effect. In addition, green tea destroys free radicals that cause various diseases, including cancer.
Is tea with lemon and honey good for pregnancy?
Many women are afraid to drink black tea with lemon and honey during pregnancy. This is due to the fact that the consumption of citrus fruits can provoke allergies in a child. However, the fears are unfounded. This situation can only happen if the expectant mother eats kilograms of citrus fruits. Such a drink can bring nothing but benefit. Naturally, if you use it in a reasonable amount.
The beneficial properties that the drink brings to pregnant women are as follows:
- strengthening the immune system, increasing the body's resistance to various diseases;
- improvement of microcirculation, which increases the amount of oxygen supplied to the baby;
- maintenance of metabolic processes in the body of the expectant mother.
Important! The drink warms up in cold weather, saturates the body with vitamins and minerals, thereby supporting the health of a pregnant woman and her baby.
Why is tea with lemon and honey useful for colds
Tea with lemon and honey at a temperature, cough and other symptoms of a cold, is taken as a natural remedy that reduces the severity of the inflammatory process, removes toxins and microbes from the body. The drink liquefies phlegm and speeds up the excretion of mucus.
The honey in the tea saturates the body with vitamins and minerals, which strengthen the immune system and help the body to recover. Drinking a drink every day restores strength, improves performance, promotes the flow of energy and improves mood.
Lemon contains a large amount of vitamin C and phytoncides, which have an antiviral effect, relieve puffiness, destroy microbes, and strengthen blood vessels.
Important! The drink must be taken not only during a cold, but also for prevention purposes.
How to make lemon honey tea
There are many recipes for making tea with honey and lemon that help to cope with various disorders in the body. Which one to cook depends on your taste preferences and the ultimate goal.
Black tea with the addition of natural ingredients helps the body to cope with colds, strengthens the immune system and is the prevention of diseases. The drink should become an integral part of the diet during the cold season.
- Pour 1-2 tsp into a cup. tea leaves.
- Pour boiled hot water over.
- After 3-4 minutes add a slice of lemon, and after another 2 minutes 1 hour of honey.
- Mix the ingredients well.
Important! You cannot add honey to boiling water. In this case, the product loses its beneficial properties. But the most dangerous thing is that fructose is oxidized under the influence of high temperatures, which translates it into the category of carcinogens.
The drink is consumed in the morning and in the evening. An early intake will give you a boost of vivacity and energy for the whole day.
Green tea with honey and lemon
The preparation of green Chinese tea is similar to the classic recipe, but it has some differences and rules. No wonder the Land of the Rising Sun is famous for its tea ceremonies.
Green tea with lemon and honey helps against coughs and colds, strengthens the immune system and dulls hunger. It is drunk to improve mood and fight depression.
- Pour 2 teaspoons of Chinese large leaf tea into a French press or teapot.
- Pour boiling water over the container.
- Let it brew for 5-7 minutes.
- Discard the first portion as it is considered too strong and toxic.
- Pour boiling water over again for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the drink into a cup and add the lemon wedge.
- After 2-3 minutes, add a teaspoon of honey.
Green tea can be drunk in the morning and evening. At the beginning of the day, it will relax and improve your mood, in the evening - it will calm and strengthen your sleep.
Ivan tea recipe
Ivan tea is a medicinal plant that treats many diseases: bladder stones, hypogalactia, inflammatory processes, infectious and peptic ulcer diseases, external wounds, and more. Ivan tea with honey and lemon will enhance the antiviral and antibacterial effect, improve digestion, and strengthen the immune system.
Important! By itself, fireweed has a honey taste. Therefore, it is important not to overdo it with the addition of natural honey, otherwise the drink will turn out sugary.
- Pour 2-3 hours of crushed dry leaves of ivan tea into a teapot.
- Pour boiling water over 1/3 of the container, after 5 minutes add the rest of the liquid.
- Let it brew for 10 minutes.
- Add a slice of lemon and half a teaspoon of honey.
Fireweed tea replaces coffee, so you can drink it in the morning. It does not contain caffeine, but it energizes the whole day. Regular use of the drink helps with male and female infertility.
Chamomile tea with lemon and honey helps to lose extra pounds, cure chronic gastrointestinal diseases, and strengthen the immune system. This is an excellent prevention of colds.
- Pour 500 ml of boiling water for 2-3 hours of dried flowers.
- Insist 5 minutes.
- Add the grated zest from half a small lemon.
- After 5-6 minutes, strain and add 1-2 hours of honey.
Nutritionists recommend drinking chamomile tea 2 times a day before meals. This will kickstart the digestion process.
Tea with lemon, mint and honey is a storehouse of nutrients. First of all, it has a sedative effect, and then choleretic, bactericidal, analgesic. The properties of menthol can eliminate pain in the pelvic and gastrointestinal tract.
- Rinse 3-4 mint leaves well and place in a glass or porcelain teapot.
- Add 2 teaspoons of black or green tea.
- Pour boiling water over and leave for 7-10 minutes.
- Pour into a cup, add a slice of lemon and 1 teaspoon of honey.
It is best to drink mint tea at night. One cup of the drink will relieve anxiety and strengthen sleep.
Important! It is not recommended to drink mint tea for pregnant and lactating women. The hormones in lemon balm reduce the production of breast milk and can cause miscarriage.
Tea with lemon, honey and cinnamon reduces sugar levels, the amount of "bad" cholesterol, increases the functioning of the brain, reduces swelling, and normalizes blood pressure. The beneficial properties of this drink can be listed endlessly.
- Add 1/4 tsp of cinnamon (or 0.5 sticks) and 1/2 tsp of lemon juice to a glass of hot water.
- After 5-7 minutes, add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix thoroughly.
Drink the drink in the morning on an empty stomach and in the evening before bedtime.
Limitations and contraindications
Since tea with honey and lemon contains many different acids, it should not be used for many disorders in the body. It is worth refusing to drink the drink in such cases:
- gastritis with high acidity;
- allergic to any of the ingredients;
- pulmonary tuberculosis;
If at least one of the above conditions is present, you should consult your doctor before drinking tea.
Tea with lemon and honey is an indispensable remedy for cold symptoms. In addition, this drink is an excellent prevention of many diseases and acts as a sedative and relaxing agent. However, before use, you need to make sure that there are no contraindications.