The early vole is one of the representatives of the Bolbitiaceae family of fungi. Latin - Agrocybe praecox. In addition, the species is known under other names. Fans of "quiet hunting" call it early vole, early agrocybe, early scaly (Pholiota praecox). The popular name is "champignon for the lazy". The reason was the external similarity, the same places of growth and taste parameters of the field with mushrooms. And also factors such as close proximity to human housing, abundant and early fruiting.
The appearance of the mushrooms is very appetizing and does not resemble inedible varieties.
Where does the early field worker grow
Most often, a similar mushroom is found in parks and gardens. It grows on the edge of forest roads or rotted wood debris. Early agrocybe is found in vegetable gardens or abandoned plots. A feature of this species is its exactingness to soil fertility. According to the external and taste indicators of the early field field, one can judge the composition of the soil. The richer the soil, the tastier and more powerful the mushroom grows on it.
It is considered a rare fungus, although in some years there is a very strong fertility of early flakes. Collected field grass from early May to mid-July. The species grows in groups, sometimes very numerous.
If you are lucky enough to find at least one specimen, then the "quiet hunt" is considered successful - mushrooms grow in groups
Important! The species begins to bear fruit before the mushrooms, this is the advantage of the agrocybe.
It is successfully grown according to the "champignon technology" at home.
What does fieldwork look like?
An early agrocybe cannot be called a large fungus. All parts of the fruiting body are rather small in size:
- Hat. The diameter varies from 3 cm to 8 cm. In young specimens it has the shape of a hemisphere, then it opens and looks more like a pillow. As it grows, it becomes prostrate. The color of the surface is light clay, yellowish. If it grows in the sun, it can fade to an off-white color. Remnants of the bedspread are seen at the edges. The pulp has a pleasant mushroom smell, the color is whitish.
- The plates are adherent with teeth, frequent and wide. In young field voles, they are light yellowish. Then they begin to darken and turn a dirty brown.
- Leg. The color scheme fully matches the hat. The structure is tough, fibrous. Hollow inside. The average height is about 5-8 cm. If the mushroom grows in tall grass, it can elongate significantly. The thickness is no more than 1 cm. On the upper part of the leg remains of the ring remain. The older the mushroom, the darker they are colored. These remains show elliptical spores of a tobacco-brown hue. The flesh of the leg is brown.
It is necessary to inspect the mushrooms from all sides, paying attention to the underside of the cap.
The mushroom is noticeable, it is easy to identify it by the listed parameters.
Video for clarity:
Is it possible to eat an early field worker
The species is recognized in scientific circles as edible. It belongs to the 4th category of nutritional value.
Even the fact that the taste of field mushrooms is significantly inferior to mushrooms in terms of parameters does not reduce its value and popularity. Some sources contain data on the presence of bitterness during tasting. However, this does not interfere with preparing a lot of dishes from the agrocybe. Moreover, not all mushroom taste lovers feel bitterness.
Early fruiting of the species prevents the mushroom from being confused with many others. However, there are some representatives that have similar parameters.
Agrocybe tough (Agrocybe dura), very difficult to distinguish. The signs by which you can recognize Polevik tough are:
- Growing places. Rigid agrocybe prefers silage to wood debris and grass areas away from trees. It is considered a silage saprophyte.
- The size of the disputes - they are larger. This parameter can only be seen under a microscope.
- Appearance. The surface of the cap is cracked, especially in dry weather. The pulp is visible through them. The leg is covered with broken fibers that hang down. They give pubescence to the leg.
It is necessary to carefully study the parameters of a hard field worker in order to clearly distinguish the species from similar
The edibility of the species has not been confirmed, therefore, the mushrooms should be carefully examined before placing in the basket.
Cylindrical vole (Agrocybe cylindracea). Differs in larger cap sizes. In an adult fungus, it reaches 15 cm in diameter. There is a small tubercle in the middle. The leg is cylindrical, length 8-15 cm. Also, the taste and smell of the species does not coincide with the characteristics of the early field field. The cylindrical aroma resembles the smell of rancid oil, and the fruit bodies have a mealy taste. The mushroom grows not only on dead wood, but also on living trees. Prefers willow, elderberry, poplar. Fruiting from May to October. It is considered an edible species.
If you have to meet a cylindrical vole, you can safely put a mushroom basket
Despite the fact that it is very convenient to collect Polevik early, you need to strictly adhere to the recommendations:
- Do not pick mushrooms near places with a negative state - landfills, manure heaps. Do not collect near railways, motorways, industrial plants,
- Carefully examine the fruiting body before placing it in the basket. If the mushroom seems unfamiliar or there is at least one factor that confuses, then you need to put the find aside.
- Process the harvest in a timely manner, without leaving this process “for later”.
- Adhere to the rules of culinary processing.
By following this small list of rules, you can save your health and loved ones.
Agrocybe early contains many useful components. Mushroom dishes are well absorbed by the human body. Even people with diseases of the digestive tract are allowed to consume an early field in the remission stage. Restrictions are considered individual intolerance, the period of pregnancy and feeding of the baby, the age of up to 3 years.
Fruit bodies do not require preliminary preparation before culinary processing. You can cook them in any form - fry, marinate, stew, boil. With an early field field, amazing caviar, pie fillings, salads are prepared.
Important! Not suitable for drying
Early polelevik has a very pleasant taste and good composition. Therefore, you should not neglect "unfinished champignons" during the period of mushroom hunting. This species will enrich the diet without causing harm.