Sea buckthorn tincture will decorate the festive table and can help in case of some ailments. The extract from the fruit retains the healing properties of the plant. Like sea buckthorn oil, alcohol-based drinks are used to relieve inflammatory processes on the skin.
Useful properties of homemade sea buckthorn tincture with vodka
The berries of an unpretentious plant are famous for their rich set of vitamins and essential trace elements. Alcoholic drinks prepared with their use acquire the properties of a real balm, the moderate use of which is really beneficial. The finished product is interesting with an intense yellowish tint, delicate aroma, invigorating taste, sour and sweet at the same time.
Sea buckthorn drink with alcohol or vodka can be used to restore immunity in damp and chilly weather and to increase the amount of vitamins in the body, with anemia and colds or viral diseases. A teaspoon of tincture added to tea will help prevent sore throat. A drop of the product is used as an antiseptic for wounds or burns. They are widely used in cosmetology and gynecology. The healing properties are enhanced if honey is added instead of sugar. Sea buckthorn contains the natural hormone serotonin, which prevents depression and improves mood. The substance is soluble in alcohol and has a positive effect on the nervous and digestive systems.
Tincture of sea buckthorn leaves is used for muscle and rheumatic pains, gout. Sea buckthorn bark balm is considered to be the prevention of cancer.
Sea buckthorn tinctures at home: cooking secrets
Sea buckthorn is harvested using a special device that rips the berries from the branch. Shoots with fruits are cut in small quantities, berries are removed at home with scissors. Fruits are poured with water several times so that leaves, twigs and crushed berries emerge. To prepare an alcohol-containing product, intact fruits are needed, because rotten and moldy ones will spoil the taste of the drink.
- The berries are sorted out, the stalks are removed.
- They are allowed to ferment with sugar for 3-4 days.
- Pour over with vodka, moonshine or cognac.
- Insist up to 30-40 days.
- Oil is separated or retained, filtered and bottled.
There is a second option, when the fruits are infused for a month on an alcohol basis without adding sweetness. The appearance of a pleasant smell of sea buckthorn signals that the tincture is ready. Add honey or sugar to the filtered liquid to taste and let it brew for another 15–20 days.
Also, the tincture is prepared from frozen berries. Or in late autumn, the frozen fruits are harvested, which are even better for a drink: soft, easily choked to get juice. Berries dried using modern technologies are also used. Most of the nutrients are preserved in them, and the therapeutic effect of the tincture does not change.
- To grind berries, use a potato crush, blender, food processor;
- during infusion, the mixture is shaken twice a day or mixed with a spoon, according to the recipe;
- every lover of original drinks shows his creativity and adds spices to taste to the tincture: cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, different types of peppers, cloves, lemons or oranges;
- as a medicine, the tincture is drunk in a tablespoon in the morning and in the evening.
After pressing from the cake with seeds, a healing sea buckthorn oil is prepared. There is a lot of natural fat in berries: in the pulp - 9%, in the seeds - 12%. When infused, the oil rises to the top, it gives the drink a specific taste. For transparency, the product is filtered through gauze and cotton filters. To cleanse the oil, the tincture is placed in the refrigerator. When the fat rises, it can be easily removed with a spoon or syringe. The healing fraction is placed in another storage container.
Important! Sea buckthorn is often combined in tinctures with other seasonal berries: viburnum, rosehip, mountain ash.
An old recipe for sea buckthorn tincture with vodka and honey
If there is no antibiotic intake for colds, the disease is chased away by moderately using a healing tincture:
- 500 g of fruit;
- 150 g of honey;
- 500 ml of vodka.
It is easy to prepare a medicine:
- The berries are crushed with a crush in a jar.
- Add honey and vodka.
- They insist for a month.
Sea buckthorn vodka: a classic recipe
The product is valid for up to two years.
- 1 kg of fruit;
- 700 ml of vodka;
- 100 g of sugar.
- In a 3-liter jar, grind the fruits with a potato crush.
- Sugar and vodka are added.
- Leave in a warm and dark place for 26–32 days, shaking the mixture daily.
- Strain it, pour it into a container.
Sea buckthorn alcohol tincture
The highlight of this option is the method of making berries with light fermentation, which softens the taste of the final product.
- 1 kg of sea buckthorn;
- 180 g sugar;
- 1 liter of alcohol 96%.
- Crush the sea buckthorn with a mashed potatoes, mix with granulated sugar.
- Place in a glass container in heat for fermentation for 2-4 days.
- Pour in alcohol and leave in the same warm place for 30–35 days.
- Drain the infusion without sudden movements and filter 3-4 times or more.
- Dilute with water and add sugar to taste. Set aside for another 10-16 days.
- The drink is ready. The oil is either left in bottles or drained.
Sea buckthorn tincture recipe with walnut partitions
For a drink in which sea buckthorn and cognac notes are heard, take
- 1 kg of frozen sea buckthorn;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of nut membranes;
- sugar or honey if desired;
- 2 liters of moonshine or alcohol.
- Immediately insist partitions and berries in two containers for a whole week.
- Drain the sea buckthorn tincture separately and dispose of it as you like.
- Strain the infusion from the membranes and pour the berries for 16-25 days.
- Filter the liquid, add sweetness. Consume in a week or more. A small percentage of oil remains in the secondary tincture.
Warning! The honey tincture can be a little cloudy.
Healing sea buckthorn tincture on vodka with lemon and caraway seeds
The spice seeds give the product a special flavor.
- 400 g of fruit;
- 150 g lemon zest;
- a pinch of caraway seeds and dill;
- 1.5 liters of vodka.
Mix the softened berries, from which the juice began to stand out, with the rest of the ingredients and leave for 16–20 days. After filtration, pour into bottles. Properties are stored for 2 years.
Sea buckthorn bark infused with vodka
- 10 tbsp. spoons of raw materials;
- 1 liter of vodka.
Prepared not as an alcoholic drink, but as a preventive and therapeutic agent:
- Wash sea buckthorn bark, dry and chop.
- Put in a bottle and fill with vodka.
- Insist for a month.
Apply 20 drops before meals.
Infusion of sea buckthorn leaves on vodka
Fold the plucked leaves in a container to determine the volume.
- 1 part of the leaves;
- 10 parts of vodka.
The mixture is left for a week. After straining, the potion is ready.
Other alcoholic drinks based on sea buckthorn
Experiments with sea buckthorn are not limited to traditional ideas. Amateurs add their own details to famous recipes.
Sea buckthorn liqueur with cream infused with brandy or cognac
Dairy products neutralize vegetable oil.
- 250 ml of sea buckthorn juice;
- 250 ml cream 30% fat;
- can of condensed milk;
- 700 ml of cognac or brandy.
- The fruits are passed through a juicer or blender, separating the cake.
- Mix all the ingredients, insist in a cool place for 7 days.
- Liquor can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Advice! Liqueurs based on crushed berries acquire a characteristic attractive flavor.
Homemade sea buckthorn liqueur
The drink is prepared with vodka or 70% alcohol. Experts point out that 96% alcohol preserves berries, and alcohol with lower degrees extracts medicinal substances from fruits.
- 1 kg of berries;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 0.5 l of vodka;
- 1 liter of water.
- Having cooked the syrup, put the fruits in it.
- In a bottle, the mixture is warm or in the sun for up to two weeks.
- Vodka is added to the strained liquid and poured into a container.
There is another way, when the crushed fruits are insisted for a week in 1 liter of alcoholic product, shaking 2 times a day. Then the syrup is boiled and mixed with the tincture, leaving for another week. After filtering, the drink is ready. The syrup is boiled from 250 ml of water if insisted on vodka, or from 500 ml if 70% alcohol is used.
How to make sea buckthorn liqueur
The berries must first ferment.
- 1 kg of fruit;
- 300 g sugar;
- 1 liter of vodka.
- The dried berries are placed in a glass container with sugar and placed on the windowsill, shaking several times a day.
- After the juice is released, add vodka and leave for 50-60 days.
- After filtration, the liquid is ready.
- The fruits are poured this time with syrup of 300 g of sugar and 1 liter of water.
"Sea buckthorn on cognac", tincture with honey
With a noble drink, the tincture will be tastier.
- 50 g of fruits;
- 500 ml of brandy;
- honey to taste - from 50 g.
The berries are mixed with honey, poured over with cognac and insisted for a week.
How to make sea buckthorn moonshine (technology)
This alcoholic product is characterized by mild taste. Jam and yeast are used. After fermentation, 2 distillations are done.
Sea buckthorn moonshine recipe
- 1 liter of sea buckthorn jam;
- 3 liters of water;
- 100 g yeast.
- Mix water and jam thoroughly.
- Yeast is diluted and combined with syrup.
- The bottle is placed in a warm, dark place for 20-24 days.
- After fermentation, the mixture is filtered and distilled.
- Pass through a charcoal filter, add a teaspoon of soda.
- Distilled a second time.
Is it possible to insist on sea buckthorn moonshine
In order not to spoil the medicinal tincture with a sharp moonshine smell, the alcohol is purified. For 1 liter of moonshine, take 50 g of activated carbon.
- Cotton wool is placed at the bottom of the can.
- Crushed tablets are poured on top, which are also covered with cotton wool.
- Pour moonshine and leave for a week.
- Filter by preparing a thick gauze and cotton wool filter.
Sea buckthorn tincture on moonshine
For a medicinal product, double-distilled moonshine, additionally refined with coal, is suitable.
- 0.5 kg of fruits;
- 0.5 l of moonshine;
- 80 g sugar or 150 g honey.
The berries are poured into a jar with sweetness and crushed with a crush. Pour over with moonshine and put in a dark, warm place for 26-30 days, shaking every day.
Sea buckthorn tincture on moonshine with viburnum
To prepare a vitamin platter with a striking ruby color, take:
- 250 g of sea buckthorn and viburnum;
- 100 g granulated sugar or honey;
- spices to taste: cloves, allspice and black pepper;
- 5 liters of moonshine.
Crush the fruits a little and pour into a bottle with sugar and spices. Put in a warm place for 3 days, stirring 2-3 times a day, then add moonshine and work according to the algorithm.
Recipe for honey tincture on sea buckthorn on moonshine
Frozen fruits are also suitable for tincture.
- 250 g berries;
- 80-100 g of honey;
- 600 ml of water;
- 700 ml of quality moonshine.
- Berries, moonshine, water are mixed in a bottle and placed in a dark place for 3 weeks.
- The liquid is filtered.
- In 100 ml of tincture, slightly heated, honey is diluted and mixed with the whole amount.
- After 2-3 days, filter.
Sea buckthorn tincture on moonshine with lemon
With the help of lemon, the fusel smell will be removed.
- 250 g of fruit;
- 500 ml of moonshine;
- 1 lemon with zest.
- Crush the berries in a jar, pour over the moonshine.
- To remove the bitterness of the zest, the lemon is poured over with boiling water, cut into large rings. The white layer under the zest will absorb fusel oils.
- Insist in a dark place for a month, filter and add honey to taste.
Attention! If you have not done multi-stage filtration, shake the bottle before use to mix the separated oil with liquid. The product acquires a uniform consistency.
For what diseases should you refrain from using sea buckthorn tinctures
With all the healthfulness of the sea buckthorn potion, it should not be used by patients who have been diagnosed with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, gall bladder and pancreas. Dysbacteriosis is also a contraindication for the tincture sample. It is also forbidden for those who have individual intolerance to individual components. The product will harm people with urolithiasis and inflammation of the bladder. Also, sea buckthorn can cause allergic reactions.
Conditions and terms of storage of sea buckthorn alcohol tinctures
It is better to pack the finished product in tinted glass bottles. Tinctures prepared on a high-quality alcohol base are stored for up to 3 years in dark, cool rooms. More often in the basement or refrigerator. Experts advise not to linger with the use of the sea buckthorn product, because after 10-14 months the interesting taste is lost, as well as the medicinal properties.
Sea buckthorn tincture will only be beneficial if used wisely. The amber drink combines the gifts of nature and culinary invention for cheerfulness and joy of communication. In case of serious illness, consult a doctor before taking it.