We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Salting wild garlic at home is not at all difficult. The main thing is to know how to do it correctly. It is better to collect wild garlic for pickling in the period from late spring, early summer. There should be no flowers on the plant. Pickled wild garlic has a spicy taste, somewhat reminiscent of garlic.
Is it possible to salt wild garlic
Salting wild garlic at home is not only possible, but also necessary. It turns out a fragrant snack, and the plant retains its healing properties for a long time.
There are many recipes for pickling wild garlic. The workpiece is made in a hot, dry way. Make a snack with herbs, cinnamon, tomato sauce, garlic or bacon.
The benefits of salted wild garlic
Salted wild garlic can be both beneficial and harmful. This unique plant contains many vitamins and useful microelements.
Useful properties of salted wild garlic
- Improves the digestive system, activates the production of gastric juice.
- Renews blood composition.
- Increases appetite.
- Used for colds, rheumatism, intestinal infections and purulent diseases.
- It has a tonic, bactericidal and anti-scurvy property.
- Reduces blood pressure and prevents the formation of cholesterol plaques.
- Stimulates metabolic processes in the body.
- Strengthens the nervous system.
- An excellent remedy for vitamin deficiency, drowsiness, fatigue and fatigue.
The beneficial properties of salted wild garlic do not become weaker even with prolonged storage.
How to pickle wild garlic at home
Ramson is salted in brine, with various additives. The easiest way to prepare a plant is to cut it into small pieces, sprinkle with salt, mix and arrange in jars.
You can salt not only the stems, but also the leaves, which can even be served on the festive table as a main dish.
The workpiece will acquire a bright taste and rich aroma if you add various spices to it. Dill and bay leaf will make beautiful salting. If you want spice, add garlic. Carnation buds add spice.
You can change the amount of spices depending on your taste preferences. Salt is added as much as indicated in the recipe, otherwise there is a risk that the workpiece will not stand for a long time.
Hot salting of wild garlic
An easy-to-prepare recipe for canning wild garlic. For salting, you only need water, salt and the main ingredient.
- 1 kg of wild garlic;
- 1 liter of spring water;
- 50 g of table salt.
- Rinse the main ingredient thoroughly, place in a suitable dish, it is better if it is a wide saucepan.
- Dissolve the salt in water and boil. Filter the resulting brine through cheesecloth, folding it several times. This will get rid of the sediment that formed after dissolving the salt.
- Pour the stems with hot brine, place a plate on top, on which to set the oppression.
- Leave to pickle right in the room. The foam that forms on the surface is removed with a spoon.
- Salting time - 2 weeks. Periodically, it is important to check the greens for salt by sampling the pulp. Arrange the finished product in jars and store in the refrigerator or take the container to the basement.
How to dry salt garlic
Leaves of wild garlic are salted in a dry way, which are subsequently added to ready-made dishes. Thanks to minimal heat treatment, all nutritional and taste qualities are preserved.
- 50 g of coarse rock salt;
- 1 kg of wild garlic.
- The leaves are washed thoroughly, each unfolding. Place in a sieve and leave to drain all the liquid.
- The plant is cut into not too large strips, 2 cm thick.
- Lightly crush the chopped greens, sprinkle with salt and grind. They are laid out in sterile jars, tamping well so that there are no voids. The lids are boiled and the container is rolled up with them. Sent to storage in a cool room.
How to salt wild garlic with herbs and cinnamon immediately in jars
In this case, cinnamon will add piquancy, and the greens will make the workpiece bright and appetizing.
- 100 ml of table vinegar;
- 900 g wild garlic;
- to taste of cloves, herbs and cinnamon;
- 1 liter of filtered water;
- 50 g of fine sugar and table salt.
- The stems and leaves of the plant are thoroughly washed, left for several minutes, flooded with clean water. Banks are sterilized in any convenient way.
- The main ingredient is placed in prepared glass containers. The water is brought to a boil, salted, and the rest of the spices and herbs are added. The marinade is boiled for 3 minutes, vinegar is poured in, mixed and removed from the stove.
- Wild garlic is poured in jars with boiling marinade. Roll up hermetically with lids, having previously boiled them.
Salted wild garlic with cherry and currant leaves
The harvest is spicy and aromatic thanks to the addition of cherry and currant leaves. It is important that they are freshly torn, free from damage and stains.
- wild garlic stalks;
- 50 g of rock salt;
- cherry leaves;
- 1 liter of filtered water;
- dill seeds and branches;
- The stems of the plant are well washed under running water. Lay out on a towel and dry. The same procedure is performed with the leaves of fruit trees.
- In sterile glass containers, the stalks of wild garlic, currant leaves, cherries and other ingredients are laid out in layers.
- Dissolve salt in water and bring to a boil. Pour the contents of the container and leave for 2 weeks at room temperature. The foam that will form on the surface is removed with a spoon.
- At the end of the fermentation process, brine is added to the jars and rolled up.
How to salt wild garlic at home: a recipe with vinegar
Thanks to the addition of vinegar, the salting process is greatly simplified. The workpiece has a spicy taste.
- 50 g of fine sugar;
- 1 tbsp. filtered water;
- 30 g rock salt;
- 210 ml of table vinegar.
- The shoots and leaves of wild garlic are washed under running water, poured with clean water and left for an hour.
- Prepared greens are laid out in banks, tamping it tightly. Combine water with vinegar, sugar and salt. Put on fire and boil from the moment of boiling for 3 minutes. The contents are poured with brine, sealed, turned over and left at room temperature for 2 hours.
Salty salad of wild garlic and lard for the winter
This appetizer option can be used for sandwiches, added to first courses, salads, or baked with it.
- 30 g of rock salt;
- 200 g wild garlic;
- 400 g of lard.
- The first step is to rub the bacon with salt. Place it in an enamel container, cover with a lid and leave for a day.
- After the allotted time, the excess salt is removed from the bacon, and the product itself is cut into pieces.
- Rinse greens, chop into small pieces. Together with lard, twist in a meat grinder.
- The mass is thoroughly stirred and laid out in sterilized glass containers. Roll up hermetically boiled lids. Store the snack in the refrigerator for no longer than a year.
Recipe for salting wild garlic with dill and horseradish
A spicy snack will warm you up in cold winter and make up for the lack of nutrients in the body. It is consumed immediately after preparation, but it is advisable that it stand for several months, so it will be much tastier.
- 1 liter of spring water;
- 3 parts wild garlic;
- 70 g of rock salt;
- 1 part dill and horseradish root;
- Bay leaf.
- The leaves of the plant are sorted out, selecting only whole specimens without damage. Rinse thoroughly under running water and dry by spreading on a towel.
- The horseradish root is washed, peeled and chopped. Dill greens are rinsed and cut into pieces. Wild garlic leaves are placed in sterile dry jars, alternating with dill, horseradish and bay leaves.
- A wooden circle is placed in the throat and oppression is installed on top. After a while, the fermentation process will begin. The foam is periodically removed with a spoon, and the oppression is washed in a salt solution.
- After 2 weeks, the oppression is removed, the brine is added and the jars are rolled up with boiled lids. Sent to storage in a cool, dark place.
Salting wild garlic for the winter in tomato sauce
This recipe makes a delicious snack that can be enjoyed at any time of the year. It is prepared simply, from simple and affordable products.
- 50 g of fine sugar;
- 2 kg of wild garlic leaves;
- 120 g of rock salt;
- 800 ml of spring water;
- 2 laurel leaves;
- 200 g of tomato paste;
- The leaves of the plant are thoroughly washed, filled with clean water and kept for an hour. Lay out on a paper towel and dry.
- The water is boiled, all the ingredients and tomato paste are introduced into it. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes and remove from the stove.
- The leaves are packaged in glass containers, after sterilizing them. Pour in hot brine and cover with lids. The container is placed in a wide pan, lining the bottom with a towel. Pour hot water up to the shoulders and sterilize over low heat for 20 minutes. The containers are carefully removed, sealed and sent to storage in a cool room.
Canned wild garlic: recipe with garlic
The workpiece will acquire a rich aroma and bright taste if you add various spices to the main ingredient. Garlic will add spice. Dill and bay leaves will add flavor and beautiful color.
- 4 carnation buds;
- 500 g of young wild garlic;
- 4 bay leaves;
- 100 g of rock salt;
- 1 bunch of dill;
- 1 liter of filtered water;
- 4 peppercorns;
- 10 g granulated sugar;
- 1 clove of garlic.
- The first step is to prepare the brine. Put water in a saucepan on the stove, add sugar and salt to it, boil for a couple of minutes and cool slightly so that the boiling liquid does not cook the young leaves.
- The main ingredient is washed, taking only whole specimens, without damage and traces of deterioration. The plant is cut into small pieces and placed in sterile dry glass containers.
- On top of the filled containers are placed chopped dill, bay leaf, clove buds, peeled and sliced garlic, peppercorns.
- The contents are poured with prepared brine and the jars are rolled up with boiled lids.
Storage rules for salted wild garlic
Canned salted greens are stored in cool rooms, where there is no access to the sun's rays. If the workpiece is closed with nylon lids, it is stored in the refrigerator.
Even a novice housewife can salt wild garlic at home, because the process itself is simple, and does not require any special skills. The result is a delicious and healthy snack that can be eaten at any time of the year.