It is not difficult to brew dried rose hips correctly without a thermos. This can be done in different ways, including in a glass jar, a saucepan, a slow cooker, or in a water bath. An important point is the competent selection and preparation of ingredients. The proportions depend on the purpose of preparing the decoction or infusion.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Dried rose hips can be prepared by yourself or purchased. It is better to choose pharmaceutical products that meet certain quality standards. The berries should be small and wrinkled. If the fruits are large and smooth, then they were dried in the oven. At the same time, valuable elements are lost, the use of raw materials is reduced.
Only a high-quality product can be brewed. Berries must be free of mold and rot. In dried form, they lose about 2/3 of their weight, therefore they become light. They should have a characteristic odor without impurities, mustiness.
Before brewing, dried rose hips must be rinsed with running water. It is convenient to do this in a colander. It is better not to use a fine sieve to remove all the debris.
To brew dry rose hips without a thermos, you need to use clean water. It can be filtered, bottled, boiled. Water from pure natural sources is suitable if its quality is verified.
Properly dried rose hips have a brownish red or dark yellow color
How to brew dried rose hips correctly without a thermos
Many infusions are made in a thermos in order to keep the temperature as long as possible. In such conditions, raw materials give the maximum of valuable elements to water, and are processed sparingly. The result can be achieved even if you brew rose hips without a thermos, the proportions of water and berries depend on the purpose of preparing the product.
How to brew rose hips in a saucepan without a thermos
For brewing, it is better to use an enamel or glass pan. For 0.5 liters of water you need 2 tbsp. l. dried fruits. If they are crushed, the amount can be reduced.
The cooking algorithm is simple:
- Fold the fruits into a saucepan.
- Pour warm water.
- Close the cookware with a lid.
- Infuse berries for half an hour.
- Put the pot with the infusion on the stove. Set the minimum temperature.
- Simmer for half an hour. If you use chopped raw materials, reduce the cooking time in half.
- Remove the container from the stove.
- Insist until the product is slightly warm.
The broth according to this recipe is good for the immune system, reduces blood pressure.
The infusion in the pan should not boil - only a slight gurgle is allowed
How to brew rose hips in a water bath
One way to steam dry rose hips without a thermos is in a water bath. This is a gentle option. Cooking requires two containers of different sizes. Smaller crockery can be placed in the bottom of a large saucepan or bowl with a cloth or towel on top.
To brew dried rose hips in a water bath, you need to proceed as follows:
- Pour water into a large bowl, put on fire.
- Put dry fruits in a smaller container.
- Add hot water - a glass for 2 tbsp. berries.
- Place the container in a large dish.
- To cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Insist half an hour.
You can add lemon, honey to the brewed drink. Dip the citrus in the infusion immediately after removing from the heat. Honey - only when cooled down to 40 ° C.
It is better to brew chopped fruits in a water bath.
How to brew a rosehip for weight loss without a thermos
Rosehip helps with weight loss, normalizing bowel function and promoting the elimination of toxins and toxins. It is not difficult to brew fruits for such purposes:
- Place the berries in an enamel pot and bowl.
- Pour cold water - a glass for 2 tbsp. dried workpieces.
- Cover the dishes with a lid, put on fire.
- Immediately after boiling, set the minimum temperature, simmer for ten minutes.
- Infuse the ready-made broth for 12 hours. Better to do it in the evening.
This infusion should be drunk before meals. A glass of funds is divided into three doses.
It is better to store the finished infusion for no more than a day - keep the product in the refrigerator in a tightly closed container
How to quickly brew rose hips in a glass jar
According to this recipe, take 1 liter of water for 0.1 kg of fruit. In addition to berries and liquid, you will need:
- glass jar of suitable size;
- a lid that tightly closes the container;
- a towel for wrapping the jar.
The cooking algorithm is as follows:
- Rinse dried rose hips and pat dry with paper towels. If the raw materials were collected by hand and cleaned before, this step can be skipped.
- Grind the fruits in a blender or coffee grinder.
- Pour berry powder into a glass jar.
- Boil water, wait a few minutes to cool down to 85-90 ° C.
- Steam the workpiece.
- Immediately close the jar tightly, wrap it up thoroughly.
- Place the container in a warm place. In winter, you can put it on the battery, the rest of the time in a preheated oven.
- Insist 1-2 hours.
- Strain the finished infusion through cheesecloth or a fine sieve.
When chopping berries in some devices, the bones remain intact, it does not matter
How to brew rose hips in a teapot
Berries can be brewed in a regular glass teapot. This drink is useful for enhancing immunity, preventing colds. For a glass of water you need 2 tbsp. berries.
The cooking algorithm is simple.
- Grind the fruits.
- To boil water.
- Pour the berry blank into the kettle.
- Pour boiling water over.
- Insist for at least ten minutes.
Additionally, you can add some hawthorn fruits, black tea or hibiscus. During brewing, it is better to cover the kettle with a special cover or wrap it with a towel.
Whole fruits can be brewed in a teapot, then the infusion time can be increased by 2-3 times
How to brew rose hips in a slow cooker
In a slow cooker, dried rose hips can be brewed in different ways. The device is able to replace cooking with steam, water bath, thermos. You can make a decoction in it or brew the raw materials in a gentle way. It is convenient to use the "multi-cook" or "multi-chef" program, where you can independently set the temperature and cooking time. If such a mode is not provided, the "extinguishing" option, which is available in all multicooker, will do. This program involves bringing the product to a boil and then simmering.
You can prepare a rosehip broth without a thermos in a multicooker like this:
- Put the berries in the bowl of the appliance.
- Pour cold water. Take 1 liter of liquid for 0.1 kg of berries.
- Place the bowl in the multicooker.
- Close the lid tightly.
- Set the "extinguishing" mode for 40 minutes.
- When the program ends, do not open the multicooker for an hour.
- Strain the broth into another container.
- Add lemon or honey if desired.
You can add sugar to the broth, lay it along with the berries
It is not difficult to brew dried rose hips correctly without a thermos. This can be done in a variety of ways, including gentle methods that preserve as much of the valuable elements as possible. The fruits are brewed whole or after chopping, the proportions depend on the purpose of cooking.