Lovers of homemade alcohol know how to make tinctures from a variety of berries and fruits. Cranberry tincture has a special taste and pleasant color. This is not just a marsh northern berry, but a whole range of nutrients. Therefore, in moderation, the tincture will strengthen the immune system and avoid colds.
Cranberry tincture with vodka
To prepare a classic recipe for cranberry tincture with vodka, you need a small amount of ingredients:
- 250 g cranberries;
- half a liter of vodka;
- a tablespoon of granulated sugar;
- if desired, add 50 ml of water.
The step-by-step algorithm for preparing the tincture is simple, and it can be done at home even by an inexperienced winemaker:
- Sort out and wash the cranberries, separating all diseased specimens.
- Grind the berries until smooth. This can be done with a blender or with a wooden rolling pin.
- Add vodka to the mass.
- Close the container with a lid, put in a dark, warm place for 2 weeks. And it is also necessary to shake the mixture every 3 days.
- After 14 days, you need to filter the drink and squeeze the cake.
If the sour taste of the resulting drink does not suit you, then you can do other manipulations:
- Boil the sugar and water syrup, then let it cool.
- Add to drink.
- Cover and leave to infuse for a month.
The shelf life of the tincture is up to three years, if you follow all storage rules.
How to infuse vodka with cranberries
You can insist vodka on cranberries according to the classic recipe. To do this, you need a glass of cranberries and half a liter of high-quality vodka.
In this case, you need to sort out the berries and leave only healthy and whole fruits. The berries need to be kneaded and poured with vodka. After that, put in a dark and cool room for 14 days.
After two weeks, be sure to filter the tincture, only then you can enjoy its full taste.
Attention! Moderate use of the classic vodka tincture will perfectly strengthen blood vessels and increase appetite.
Cranberry alcoholic drink
In addition to the classic one, there is also a separate northern berry tincture with alcohol. In this case, you can use some additional components that will give the drink a pleasant taste and unique aroma.
As components you will need:
- berry 400 g;
- half a teaspoon of galangal;
- alcohol - 110 ml;
- sugar - 120 g;
- 100 ml of water;
- 120 g granulated sugar.
Galangal root can be purchased at the pharmacy.
- Mash the berries until smooth.
- Pour in alcohol and stir.
- Insist 2 weeks, shake every 5 days.
- Dissolve sugar in water and boil.
- The resulting syrup must be cooled.
After that, you can begin the infusion process.
How much to insist
After the syrup has cooled, it must be poured into the finished drink and put in a warm place for a week. After that, thanks to galangal, a light woody aroma appears.
What degree does cranberry tincture have?
If a cranberry drink was created according to all the rules of technology and high-quality alcohol or good vodka was used, then the average drink is 34%.
How to store cranberry infusion
The shelf life of the drink, if stored properly, is 5 years. It is important to comply with several conditions:
- The place should be dark, out of sunlight.
- The optimum temperature is no higher than 10 ° C.
- Humidity should also not be high.
The best option for storage is a cellar or basement, as well as a dark pantry in the apartment.
What to drink and what to eat with cranberry liqueur
First of all, you need to decide when to drink this drink. Cranberry alcohol infused with vodka should preferably be consumed as an aperitif, that is, before meals. Thus, the taste and aroma of the tincture are revealed to the maximum. Home-made cranberry tincture goes well with meat dishes, including a feast with barbecue, fried pork and veal.
Advice! It is advisable to serve hot meat dishes with cranberry liqueur.
In small quantities, the drink has a healing effect. For example, with bronchitis, it is recommended to use 50 ml per day. And also the drink is a prophylaxis against caries, gastritis and ulcers. It normalizes blood pressure, and in case of joint diseases, it perfectly relieves pain. But in case of diseases of the liver and cardiovascular system, it is not recommended to use cranberry tincture, since alcohol will have a negative effect on diseased organs. And also do not indulge in tincture for persons with severe alcohol dependence or coded.
Cranberry liqueur with vodka at home
Experts recommend to slightly freeze the cranberries for infusion for optimal taste and necessary strength. And also a perfect option when the berry is harvested after frost. This berry will most widely reveal the flavor of the cranberry liqueur.
The ancient recipe for cranberry alcoholic drink is more than 200 years old. During this time, neither the ingredients nor the recipe have changed.
- a liter of good vodka;
- a kilogram of northern berries;
- a pound of sugar.
The recipe for cooking step by step is as follows:
- Grind the berries in a blender or meat grinder.
- Put the resulting mixture in glass jars.
- Add a liter of vodka and mix everything.
- Place in a warm place for 14 days.
- After 14 days, strain the liquid through several layers of gauze.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Close again and put in a warm place.
- A week later, the filtering process again.
- It is recommended to filter it more than once, until the filling becomes sufficiently transparent.
- Pour the filling into bottles for storage.
The drink is obtained with a rich taste and sufficient strength. Perfect for strengthening blood vessels. Good for appetite and health in small amounts.
Dried cranberry tincture
Not only fresh berries are suitable for making an alcoholic drink. Dried cranberries are also used successfully.
Ingredients for Dried Northern Berry Tincture:
- dried cranberries - 1 glass;
- vodka - half a liter;
- you can add water to taste.
The recipe for the tincture is simple and looks like this step by step:
- Wash dried berries.
- Pour into a liter jar.
- Knead as much as possible.
- Pour out the vodka and stir.
- Close the jar and leave for 14 days in a dark, warm place.
- Shake the mixture every 2 days, but do not stir it with anything outsiders.
- Strain the drink thoroughly until a transparent shade is obtained.
- Squeeze out the cake.
Since no sugar is added to the drink, the taste will be sour, which will allow you to fully enjoy the tincture.
Cranberry honey tincture
The whole difference in making a tincture with honey from the classic version consists in replacing granulated sugar with natural honey. This replacement suggests a very different taste and distinctive aroma. In addition to honey, there are other additional components in the honey tincture recipe. The complete set of ingredients is as follows:
- 250 g fresh berries;
- 750 ml of vodka;
- 60 g of liquid honey;
- cinnamon - 1 stick;
- 3-4 cloves;
- 45 g ginger;
- 5-10 g black pepper.
Step-by-step cooking algorithm:
- Crush the berries by any method.
- Add grated ginger, cloves, pepper, vodka directly.
- Insist in a dark place for exactly one week.
- Strain and add honey.
- Remove to a dark place for another two days.
- Strain again.
Attention! This drink is most often used in the treatment and prevention of colds. Perfectly strengthens the immune system and gives energy. It is important not to use it in large quantities so that the beneficial components exceed the harm from alcohol.
Cranberry tincture will help add appetite and strengthen the immune system. It is important to properly prepare this type of homemade alcohol. It is enough to collect the frozen berries and use a liter of good vodka. You can use both sugar and honey as a sweetener. The strength of the drink will be 40%, and it can be stored for up to 5 years. When preparing, it is important to strain the drink so that the tincture is not too cloudy. It is recommended to filter through either several layers of gauze, or through a cotton swab. Store in a cool, dark place in hermetically sealed containers.