Summer and autumn are harvest times. It is during this period that you can enjoy ripe apples and tender peaches to your heart's content. But with the arrival of winter, the pleasant delicacy ends. Of course, you can buy fresh fruit in the store, but you can go in a completely different way and make sweet winter preparations. Peach and apple jam is one such delicious dish.
Rules for making apple-peach jam
Apple-peach jam is very aromatic and quite tasty. But in order to maximize all the taste qualities of this delicacy, you should adhere to several rules for cooking:
- choose the right raw material for future jam;
- carefully prepare all ingredients;
- prepare jam strictly according to the recipe.
Sweet peaches are good raw materials for apple-peach jam, but apples should be sour. This will create an unusual contrast in flavors.
If the jam is planned to be cooked with slices, then it is better to choose harder varieties of peaches, since they have the property of losing their shape under the influence of heat treatment and becoming rather soft.
Advice! Peaches can be used with or without skins. Peeled fruits in jam will be more tender.
Apple and peach jam is prepared with various additives. There is a classic recipe in which nothing else is added besides these ingredients and sugar. There are also options where various fruits and spices are introduced, which help to further decorate the taste and give zest to the winter preparation.
Classic apple and peach jam
Apple-peach jam can be prepared according to various recipes, one of the most common is the classic version, where only these fruits and sugar are used.
Water is not used for cooking, as the fruit secretes a sufficient amount of juice.
- 1 kg of apples;
- 1 kg of peaches;
- 1 kg of sugar.
- The fruits are thoroughly washed under running water.
- Peel the peel from the apples, remove the core. Peaches are cut in half, the seeds are removed.
- The fruit is cut into small slices and passed through a meat grinder.
- The resulting puree is poured into a container for cooking jam and covered with sugar. Mix well and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Then again everything is thoroughly mixed and put on fire. Bring to a boil, leave to simmer over low heat for 1 hour. During this time, you should periodically stir the jam and remove the foam from the surface.
Ready jam in a warm state is poured into sterilized jars, hermetically closed with lids, turned over and left so until it cools completely.
The easiest apple and peach jam recipe
According to the classic recipe, fruits are crushed before cooking, but if there is no desire to perform this procedure, you can resort to a more simplified version.
- peaches - 1 kg;
- apples - 500 g;
- sugar - 1 kg.
- Wash peaches and apples thoroughly and dry with a paper towel.
- Cut the peaches in half, remove the seeds and cut into slices 1-2 cm thick.
- Peel the apples, cut into 4 pieces and core. Cut the quarters into slices no more than 1 cm thick.
- First put chopped apples, then peaches in a container. Cover with sugar and leave for 2 hours until juice appears.
- Place the pot on the stove and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and leave to simmer for about an hour, periodically removing the foam. If after this time the jam is liquid, you can cook it for another half hour.
- Remove the finished jam from the stove and pour it hot into sterilized jars. Close tightly with lids. Turn over, cover with a towel and leave to cool completely.
Advice! To keep the peaches from boiling, cut them into slices slightly thicker than apples.
The original recipe for banana, peach and apple jam
Other fruits go well with peaches and apples, for example, you can make a very original jam with the addition of banana. This combination allows you to make the jam very tender and tasty.
- peaches - 700 g;
- apples - 300 g;
- bananas - 300-400 g;
- plums - 200 g;
- sugar - 400 g
- Preparation: wash all fruits well, remove seeds from peaches and plums, peel and core from apples, peel bananas.
- Cut the prepared fruit into small pieces of the same size.
- All the chopped ingredients are placed in a container for making jam and covered with sugar. Stir gently so as not to damage the delicate pulp of the fruit. Leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- After insisting and releasing the juice, the container with the fruit mass is put on fire, brought to a boil, the heat is reduced, and left to simmer for 30 minutes. Stir periodically and remove the foam.
- Hot prepared jam is poured into prepared jars and tightly closed.
Attention! Due to the presence of plums in the jam, its color is richer and the taste is slightly sour.
Recipe for delicious peach and apple jam with star anise
Star anise is a very interesting tropical spice that gives any dish a unique bittersweet flavor. Adding it to the jam allows you to correctly set the flavoring accent, diluting the sugary-sweet taste of apple-peach jam. In addition, star anise gives an unusual aroma.
- 1 large peach;
- 1 kg of apples;
- 600 g sugar;
- star anise asterisk;
- 0.5 teaspoon citric acid.
- Wash the apples well, you do not need to remove the peel. Cut into 4 pieces and core. Pass all parts through a meat grinder.
- Pour the resulting apple mass into a container for cooking jam, cover with sugar and add an asterisk star anise. Put on gas, bring to a boil and reduce heat. Leave to simmer for 40 minutes.
- While the apple mass is boiling, you should prepare the peach. It needs to be washed well and the skin removed. Then cut into medium cubes.
- Add peach pieces and citric acid to the apple mass, boil the fruit for another 10 minutes.
Ready jam should be poured into jars while hot, so the lid will sit more tightly.
Apple-peach jam with cardamom and ginger
Cardamom and ginger will add piquancy to the sweet preparation of peaches and apples. These spices have a slightly pungent taste with sourness. The smell is pungent, but in combination with such fruits, it is quite pleasant.
The resulting delicacy combines pungency with sweetness, which will certainly appeal to many fans of unusual tastes.
- apples - 1 kg;
- peaches - 1 kg;
- medium lemon;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- ground cardamom - 1 g;
- ground ginger - 1 pinch.
- Wash peaches and apples, peel them, remove seeds and pits.
- Wash the lemon, remove the zest and squeeze the juice from it.
- Cut the fruits into cubes, transfer to a saucepan. Pour everything with lemon juice, add zest, cover with sugar. Mix everything gently.
- Put the pot on gas. Bring the contents to a boil. Reducing the heat, boil the future jam for 20 minutes. Then add cardamom and ginger, boil for another 10 minutes.
Transfer the finished jam to jars.
Thick apple and peach jam with gelatin or pectin
The use of pectin or gelatin in the preparation of jam allows you to get a rather thick consistency.
- peaches - 1 kg;
- apples - 400 g;
- granulated sugar - 700 g;
- pectin - 1 teaspoon.
- Wash the peaches well, peel them off, cut them in half and remove the seeds. Cut into 1-1.5 cm slices.
- Wash the apples, leave the peel on, cut into 4 pieces and cut the cores. Cut into equal slices.
- Chop the chopped fruit in a blender until smooth. Then pour it into a saucepan, add a little lemon juice if desired, cover with sugar (you need to pour 2 tablespoons of sugar into a separate bowl in advance) and leave for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, put the fruit mixture with sugar on gas, wait until it boils. Reduce heat and leave for 30 minutes.
- Remove the jam from the stove and let it cool.
- After cooling down, put the jam pot on gas again and boil for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5 minutes until tender, mix the pectin with the set sugar. Add the mixture to the jam, mix well.
Pour the jam into the jars immediately after removing the pan from the stove.
Aromatic winter jam of peaches and apples with cinnamon and cloves
The combination of apple and peach jam with spices gives it an unusual, but rather pleasant aroma. Such a delicacy will be an excellent dessert in the winter season.
- 2 kg of peaches;
- 500 g apples;
- 2 lemons;
- 1 carnation bud;
- 1 cinnamon stick;
- 1 kg of sugar.
- Wash peaches, peel, remove pits.
- Wash the apples, peel, cut and core them.
- Cut the peeled fruit into even cubes.
- Remove the zest from the lemons and squeeze out the juice.
- Put the sliced pieces of fruit in a saucepan, pour lemon juice, add sugar and zest. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a bag of cloves and cinnamon (put the spices on cheesecloth and tie so that they do not spill out).
- Put a pan with a sugar-fruit preparation on the gas, put a bag of spices in it. Boil. Then reduce heat and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
Ready jam can be poured into jars.
Rules for storing apple-peach jam
Apple-peach jam should be stored in a dark place out of direct sunlight. The optimum temperature for preserving all taste qualities varies from -10 to +15 С0.
It is impossible to expose jars with this workpiece to sudden temperature changes, otherwise the jam may become sugared or fermented.
When opening a winter blank, it should be stored in a refrigerator. It is advisable to store jam in an open jar for no more than 1 month.
Peach and apple jam is a very delicate and tasty treat. The classic recipe in preparation is very simple and does not take much time, and for lovers of extraordinary tastes, you can use options with the addition of spices and spices. This dessert will be a great addition to tea on any winter evening.