Today, a large number of all kinds of alcoholic beverages are known. Everyone can choose the one that they like. There are stronger and less alcoholic, sweet and tart, bright red and translucent. They also differ in cooking technology and ingredients. But there are drinks that have not only a pleasant taste and aroma, but also some useful properties. These are the favorite tinctures of many. The most popular alcoholic tinctures include Pertsovka, Medovukha, Ryabinovka and Anisovka. The recipes for making these drinks are known to many, and even more options can be found on the Internet. Experienced winemakers have their own secrets of preparation. In this article, I would like to consider the properties and technology of making tincture from viburnum.
What is the peculiarity of tinctures
Tinctures can vary in strength and sugar content. The taste of the drink is also always different, depending on the ingredients and the method of preparation. We can say that liqueurs are somewhat similar to liqueurs, but not as sweet and stronger. The whole secret of making tinctures is contained in the name of the drink. Prepared products simply insist on vodka, alcohol or brandy. It is not necessary to buy tinctures that are produced by vodka factories. This can be done even at home.
Important! Tinctures have beneficial properties due to which they are often used in medicine.
Tinctures are loved for their pleasant taste and aroma. Many people use them for medicinal purposes. Among the wide variety, one can single out a tincture on viburnum. It has a beautiful color and scent. For its preparation, you can use both vodka and alcohol. It is recommended for people with blood pressure problems, atherosclerosis and poor metabolism. In addition, it is very useful in the winter and will help fight the flu or colds.
For the preparation of the tincture, only ripe viburnum is suitable. The berries may even be frozen. Interestingly, viburnum does not lose its properties during frost. On the contrary, the berries become much tastier, and the bitterness goes away. If you did not have time to collect viburnum in the fall, do not worry. You can pluck the brushes until spring. This viburnum is also suitable for liqueurs.
Attention! Viburnum contains a large amount of vitamin C.
Kalina first of all needs to be sorted out. All spoiled berries should be thrown away. The remaining raw materials are spread on a towel and left to dry. In this form, the berries should stand for several hours until all excess moisture has drained off. Then dry viburnum should be poured into a clean container. For this, glass jars and bottles are suitable.
Viburnum tincture on vodka - recipe
To make a wonderful viburnum tincture we need:
- liter of vodka;
- kilogram of berries.
You also need to prepare a container that is hermetically sealed. It is in it that the drink will be infused. Glassware is best, but plastic should never be used.
Viburnum tincture on vodka is prepared as follows:
- The first step is to sort out all the berries. They are torn from the branches and sorted. All rotten berries are thrown away. Small branches can be left, but large ones will need to be disposed of. Then all the prepared viburnum should be rinsed under running water and put into a colander. After that, the berries are dried on a paper towel.
- The dishes in which the viburnum will be infused must be rinsed and dried.
- Viburnum is poured into this container, and then prepared vodka is poured. Pour in enough so that it completely covers the berries. We set aside the remaining vodka, it will still be useful to us. After that, the jar is closed with a lid and insisted for 24 hours.
- Then again add vodka to the container, now all of it. The jar is closed with a lid and set aside for 2 or 3 weeks. In this form, the tincture can stand even for up to a month. The longer the drink is infused, the richer the taste will turn out. Choose only a dark and cool room.
- After that, the tincture must be filtered. For this, ordinary gauze is suitable.
- The finished drink is poured into clean glass bottles or decanters.
Attention! The cake remaining after preparation can be squeezed out and added to the drink.
The number of berries in the drink can be changed. Kalina has a slightly specific taste, which is not to everyone's liking. Therefore, many try not to overdo it by adding berries to the drink. But in cases where the drink is used exclusively for medicinal purposes, it is customary to increase the amount of viburnum. Some people add enough berries so that the vodka only slightly covers them.
The beneficial properties of this drink make it possible to use it to treat lung diseases and hypertension. Also, the tincture is simply irreplaceable for colds and nervous disorders. But it should be remembered that it is better not to consume more than 50 grams per day. You can also add sugar to the viburnum tincture, which will only improve the taste of the drink.
Viburnum and honey tincture
To prepare a drink, you will need the following components:
- viburnum - 2 kilograms;
- good quality cognac - 500 milliliters;
- natural honey - half-liter jar;
- cooled boiled water - 1.5 liters.
So, let's start cooking:
- Viburnum berries are sorted out, washed and dried, as in the previous recipe.
- Then they are poured into a prepared glass jar.
- Then cognac is poured into the same place, honey is shifted and everything is poured with boiled water.
- In this form, the drink should stand in a dark, cool room for at least a month and a half.
- Then it is filtered and poured into glass decanters or bottles. Store the drink in the refrigerator or cellar.
This tool has incredibly beneficial properties. It must be taken in a tablespoon during the meal. Over time, you can see that the pressure begins to normalize, and the general condition of the body improves. It can also be used as a pain reliever for headaches.
Attention! The tincture, which contains honey and viburnum, improves metabolic processes and has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal system.
Doctors recommend taking it to eliminate edema that occurs due to impaired heart and kidney function. It is simply indispensable for those suffering from gastritis with low acidity. The drink can be stored at home for quite a long time. Honey and cognac in this case play the role of preservatives.
A similar tincture on viburnum can also be prepared with moonshine and alcohol. Regardless of what kind of alcohol you prepare the drink with, it will still retain all the beneficial properties of fresh berries. In this article, Viburnum tincture with vodka and cognac was considered. It is very simple to prepare it, since you do not need to make any decoctions, squeeze the juice and constantly mix something into the drink. It is enough to spend only half an hour of your time to make this healing medicine. Try also making an alcoholic guelder-rose tincture at home. We are sure that with her you will get sick much less.