Description of the apricot variety Pineapple Tsyurupinsky is an effective help to gardeners who have decided to plant it on their site. The Latin name for the tree is Pineapple Tsyurupinskiy. The variety has a lot of positive characteristics, does not require complex care, and has good productivity. To get a decent harvest, you just need to adhere to agrotechnical recommendations.
The variety is very attractive in appearance and taste.
The cultivar was bred by the breeder Kostina K.F. in the State Nikitsky Botanical Garden. It is located in the Tsyurupinsky district of the Kherson region. Hence the name of the apricot variety. The species was obtained as a result of the selection of seedlings of the Pineapple variety. It has been registered in the State Register since 2014. Zoned apricot Pineapple Tsyurupinsky in the North Caucasus region, Kherson, Crimean and other southern regions.
Description of the variety
- Height. The Tsyurupinsky Pineapple variety is medium-sized. An adult apricot grows up to 4-5 m. The growth rate is average.
- Crown. Rounded, wide, lush. Density and shoots are average. Diameter 2-4 m.
- Leaves. Large, bright green, rough. The size is medium, the shape resembles a heart with an elongated top. The ends are jagged. The leaves are located on dark red long petioles.
- Flowers. White-pink, very delicate, perched on short stalks.
- Fruit. Medium size, one weighs about 50 g. Gardeners say that under good growing conditions apricots weigh 70-80 g. They are irregular in shape, with a pronounced bevel. The surface is bumpy. The color of apricots is matte light yellow, there is no blush. The pulp is of the same color, medium density, juicy, with a good aroma. The fruit has a sweet taste with an admixture of fruity notes. Some gardeners call it pineapple apricot. Tasting score 4.5 points. The stone is small, separates well, the core is sweet. The skin is slightly pubescent, velvety, without integumentary coloration.
Important! Sometimes this apricot is called Shalakh, but these are completely different varieties.
In the photo, the apricot Pineapple Tsyurupinsky:
To get a high yield of the variety, the tree should be provided with the conditions described by the originator.
Gardeners note a whole list of worthy characteristics of the Pineapple Tsyurupinsky variety. Apricot possesses a decent immunity to fungal infections, is distinguished by its early maturity and winter hardiness. Contains many components useful for the human body.
Drought tolerance, winter hardiness
For the climate of the regions recommended for the growth of the variety, the winter hardiness of the apricot is quite sufficient. The tree can withstand temperatures down to -25 ° C. If the shoots freeze in winter, then in the spring they quickly recover. Drought resistance is high, which makes it possible to grow the apricot variety Pineapple Tsyurupinsky in regions with a dry hot climate.
Pollination, flowering period and ripening times
The apricot variety is classified as self-fertile, therefore it yields even with single plantings. However, the proximity of other stone fruits increases the yield and improves the taste of the fruit. In terms of ripening, the Pineapple Tsyurupinsky variety is considered a mid-season summer. Flowers bloom from April 16 to May 5. Apricots ripen in the second half of July.
The variety is distinguished by late flowering, which saves it from recurrent frosts.
Pineapple Tsyurupinsky enters fruiting for 3-4 years. The yield indicator ranges from 90 kg to 150 kg per tree. Increases with age of apricot and with good care. The variety needs competent and regular pruning. When the crown is thickened, fruiting is weakened due to a decrease in the setting of flower buds. Also, productivity is affected by water-charging irrigation in spring and autumn.
Scope of the fruit
Apricot Tsyurupinsky Pineapple is considered a table variety. Therefore, the fruits are of universal use. They are used fresh, for making jams, preserves, juices, compotes. Juices and compotes are prepared in the form of winter preparations or consumed immediately.
Apricots are best eaten fresh to preserve nutrients
Disease and pest resistance
The variety attracts attention for its resistance to clasteriosporia and moniliosis. These diseases often affect apricots, but they do not threaten Tsyurupinsky Pineapple. In addition, the tree is not susceptible to curly leaves.
Advantages and disadvantages
Thanks to the description of the variety and reviews of gardeners, lists of advantages and disadvantages have been compiled for the Pineapple Tsyurupinsky species. This is very useful information for those who want to plant an apricot on their site.
Only if the requirements of agricultural technology are observed, the variety shows all its advantages.
- good yield indicator;
- stable fruiting;
- dessert taste of fruits;
- frost resistance;
- high immunity to diseases;
- the ability to quickly recover after freezing;
- drought resistance.
The disadvantages of the cultivar are:
- short period of productivity (25 years);
- shedding of overripe fruits;
- average keeping quality.
Planting is an important stage in the life of a tree. The further growth of apricot Pineapple Tsyurupinsky depends on the quality of the procedure. In order for the plant to develop well, a number of actions must be performed:
- meet the recommended landing dates;
- choose the right apricot seedling;
- prepare the place and soil;
- correctly land.
Planting the Tsyurupinsky Pineapple variety does not differ significantly from the procedure for other apricots. But the stages have their own nuances, which you need to familiarize yourself with in advance.
The time should be chosen taking into account the growing region. The term is influenced by climatic features. Autumn planting is recommended for southern areas. Gardeners in the middle lane can plant an apricot with the same result in spring or autumn. Residents of the Urals and Siberia should adhere to the spring planting until the buds awaken.
Choosing the right place
The variety develops well and bears fruit in a bright place, especially in the morning. It is good if the tree is protected from drafts. The distance from walls and other trees should be at least 3-5 m. Low-lying areas should be avoided. Best of all, Pineapple Tsyurupinsky grows on loam with a neutral or slightly acidic reaction. The depth of the groundwater is at least 1.5 m.
Small trees need protection from the wind
What crops can and cannot be planted next to an apricot
Do not place cherries, apples, cherries, pears, peaches, mountain ash and nuts next to the apricot.
These plants share pests and diseases with apricots, and also consume the same nutrients from the soil. It is also not recommended to place currants and raspberries close because of the similarity of pests.
Selection and preparation of planting material
To avoid misgrading, seedlings must be purchased from reliable suppliers - in garden nurseries or from trusted gardeners. It is best to take one- or two-year-old plants with a height of 0.7 m, with good roots 25 cm long and rudiments of skeletal branches (3-4 pcs.). It is recommended to find the vaccination site and examine it. It must be well formed. The roots of the seedling are dark pink, the shoots are thin, the leaves are rough, the wood is light green. A long taproot is required.
2 weeks before planting, it is required to prepare a planting pit. For a spring event, it is better to do this in advance in the fall. Main steps:
- The size of the pit for the apricot is 70x70 cm.
- Fill 1/3 of the volume with organic matter.
- Prepare a soil mixture from humus, fertile soil (1: 1). Add 1 kg of wood ash, 300 g of bone meal.
- Fill the hole.
- Place the seedling in a stimulant solution (Kornevin, Zircon) for 6-12 hours.
- Trim damaged roots to a healthy, light colored tissue.
- Set the stake for the apricot garter.
- Place a seedling nearby.
- Cover with soil, leaving the root collar 5-6 cm above the ground.
- Shake the roots periodically so that the soil fills all the voids.
- Slightly compact the apricot planting site and water.
- Shorten the branches by 1/3 of the length.
- Mulch the trunk circle.
If the Pineapple Tsyurupinsky seedling is purchased with a closed root system, then the planting algorithm does not change. The difference is the ability to plant the apricot during the entire growing season.
Video about planting Pineapple apricot:
The seedling needs a stake for a garter
Follow-up care of the culture
The fruiting of apricots depends on the quality of care. The most necessary activities for Tsyurupinsky Pineapple are:
- Watering. It is of great importance, because the variety has an average drought resistance. After planting, young seedlings need to be watered a little after 2 days. Use 1 bucket of water per plant. After watering, slightly loosen the ground and mulch. This technique will allow you to retain moisture and prevent weeds from developing. For adult apricots, you need to dig a groove around the perimeter of the crown, which is filled with water. In plants, lay a groove in diameter, half the volume of the crown. The first watering is carried out in the middle of spring, then the next in May. For the third time, the tree needs water 2 weeks before the start of fruit ripening. In spring and autumn, it is imperative to do water-charging irrigation.
- Top dressing. Nutrients also need to be injected into the groove. Use nitrogen for the variety in spring, potassium in summer, phosphorus in autumn. Fertilizer should be combined with irrigation or applied on wet soil. In the first year after planting, apply nitrogen 2 times - in mid-May and mid-June. For seedlings of the third and fourth years, nitrogen should be minimized in order to provoke fruiting.
- Pruning. The procedure should be carried out annually and carefully. If the tree has a thickened crown, then the setting of flower buds will decrease, fruiting will decrease. Proper pruning regulates not only the yield, but also the sweetness and size of the fruit. The most effective form of the crown is considered to be sparse-tiered. Spring pruning time is April before bud break.
Important! The culture bears fruit on bouquet branches and last year's annual increments.
The apricot responds very well to mulching the near-stem zone, whitewashing the trunk.
Diseases and pests
According to the description, the variety is resistant to moniliosis and clasterosporium. But there are diseases that Tsyurupinsky Pineapple resists much weaker:
- Valsa mushroom;
The disease appears when you violate the rules of pruning
- gray rot;
To exclude infection, it is necessary to carry out preventive spraying.
The disease is provoked by non-observance of crop rotation and lack of weeding
To prevent their development, you need to carefully examine the apricot leaves and carry out preventive spraying with fungicides with alternating preparations. Trees can be treated with insecticides against pests. It is imperative to collect and destroy the mummified fruits, dig up the trunk circle in the fall, burn the fallen leaves, and apply fertilizer.
The description of the apricot variety Pineapple is fully confirmed by the observations of gardeners who grow it on the plots. If you provide the plant with good conditions, then every year you can harvest a decent harvest of delicious aromatic apricots.
Reviews about apricot Pineapple
Elena Vasilievna Kopylova, 37 years old, Voronezh
The variety compares favorably with other types of apricot in our garden. First of all, early fruiting and late flowering. It does not have any special requirements for growing conditions, and the yield is excellent. It also has good immunity. For 7 years we have never had to treat him.
Evgeny Stepanovich Shaduro, 55 years old, Krasnodar
The apricot is very tasty, completely unpretentious to care for. I noticed a drawback - the fruits quickly deteriorate in a rainy year. If there is a lot of rainfall, they may start to rot on the tree or immediately after harvest. In good weather conditions it stands out from other varieties for the better. The fruits are tasty, beautiful and large. The harvest is high, bears fruit annually.