Slivyanka is prepared by infusing the fruit on an alcohol-containing product. An excellent drink can be obtained from the natural fermentation of plums with sugar without the addition of alcohol. Any recipe for plumyanka does not provide for further distillation of the product on a moonshine still.
How to cook plumyanka
Slivyanka is usually called any alcohol-containing drink made from plums. This opinion is erroneous. Slivyanka is more correctly called a tincture, since the product is prepared precisely by infusing vodka, alcohol or moonshine on the fruits. Plum can be obtained by natural fermentation of plums with sugar. The technology is reminiscent of making wine. If the alcoholic drink from plums is a distillate of plum mash, then it is called plum brandy.
Advice! Slivyanka can be prepared according to your own recipe, adding other ingredients to taste. A delicate aroma of the tincture is given by spices: cloves, cinnamon, you can add the zest of citrus fruits.
The taste of a homemade drink depends on the quality of the original product. Plums need to be taken a little overripe. Preference is given to varieties with aromatic, sweet and juicy fruits. Well suited for infusion of prunes, cherry plums. The best varieties are "Renklod" and "Vengerka". When using moonshine in a recipe, you also need to pay attention to its quality. It is optimal to use the double distillation product. It's good if the moonshine is driven out not from sugar, but from fruit mash.
Plums must be properly prepared before infusion. They are washed in cold water, the stalks are removed. You should not be afraid of the bones. In a short time of infusion, hydrocyanic acid will not have time to form. If you want to protect yourself one hundred percent, the core can be removed.
Slivyanka at home with vodka
The simplest tincture recipe is based on the use of vodka. The following ingredients are required:
- vodka without any flavors - 1 liter;
- preferably blue plums - 2 kg;
- loose sugar - 0.6 kg.
Cooking plum cream according to this recipe consists of the following steps:
- Ripe plums are washed with cold water, the stalks are removed. It is desirable to leave the fruits whole so that the drink is not cloudy. If you want to remove the bone, do it carefully so as not to crush the pulp.
- Prepared plums are placed in a glass jar. For the amount indicated in the recipe, it is enough to take a container of 3 liters. If there are several servings of plum, you will need a large bottle of 10-20 liters.
Advice! It is better to use a bottle with a wide neck, otherwise it will be problematic to extract the plums from it later.
- The plums poured into the jar are poured with vodka. According to the amount indicated in the recipe, it should lightly cover all the fruits on top. You can use more vodka, but then the plum will turn out to be less saturated.
- The jar is closed with a plastic lid, the contents are shaken, sent to the cellar or cabinet. During the month, the plum is periodically shaken.
- After 30 days, the vodka will acquire the color of plums. All the liquid is poured into another jar and put into a cabinet. Alcoholized plums are covered with sugar, covered with a lid, and put in a cellar for a week.
- After 7 days, the sugar will melt, and alcoholized juice will drain from the pulp of the plum. The resulting syrup is drained and mixed with vodka already infused on the fruits. This product can be called plum, but it is still raw.
- The tincture is bottled and left to stand for another month. The drink is considered ready when it is transparent burgundy in the light. A layer of sediment will remain at the bottom of the bottles. The liquid must be carefully drained. Can be filtered through cotton wool and gauze.
The finished plum is poured back into bottles, served chilled. Alcohol-free plums can be used to prepare other culinary dishes.
The video tells about the preparation of homemade tincture:
Slivyanka at home without vodka
Slivyanka prepared without vodka, moonshine or alcohol cannot be called a tincture. Basically it is plum wine. The drink is obtained by natural fermentation of the fruit pulp with sugar and yeast. It will take much more time, but such a product is considered more useful.
From the ingredients according to the recipe you need to prepare:
- overripe blue plums - 2 kg;
- spring water or water purchased in a bottle without chlorine - 2 liters;
- loose sugar - 1 kg;
- medium-sized lemon - 1 piece;
- yeast - 15 g
After preparing all the ingredients according to the recipe, they begin to prepare the plum cream:
- Pits are removed from the plums. You don't have to be afraid if the pulp is crushed. The finished mass is still then pressed down with a press, poured with boiling water and left in this form for three days.
- After three days, all the liquid is decanted into a bottle. The cake remaining under the press is thrown away. Sugar, squeezed lemon juice is added. Yeast is poured in, after dissolving them in warm water.
- The contents of the bottle are stirred with a wooden stick until the sugar is completely dissolved. A rubber medical glove with a punctured hole is put on the neck of the bottle or a water seal is placed.
- The fermentation process takes about a month. It all depends on the ambient temperature and yeast activity. The end of fermentation is determined by the fallen glove or the cessation of the bubbling of the water seal.
- The plum from the bottle is carefully poured through a PVC tube so as not to capture the sediment. The finished product is bottled and sent to the cellar.
Slivyanka will be ready in about six months. The first samples can be removed after the New Year holidays.
Slivyanka at home a simple recipe
The originality of the recipe lies in the use of spices. Due to ginger and cinnamon, the drink is good to warm up with a cold or just in the cold.
Of the ingredients you will need:
- hard ripe plums - 2 kg;
- vodka - 1.5 l;
- loose sugar - 0.3 kg;
- fresh ginger root - 20 g;
- cinnamon - 5 g (it is better to use not a powder, but a stick).
To prepare plum cream according to a simple recipe, do the following steps:
- The plums are washed, the stalks are removed, and they are given time to dry. Without removing the seeds, the fruits are placed in a jar.
- Cinnamon with ginger is chopped into small pieces, sent to the plums. Sugar is added here, everything is poured with vodka.
- The jar is covered with a lid, sent to the cellar for a month.
Due to the use of whole fruits, the tincture will not turn out cloudy. After a month it is decanted, bottled, cooled, served on the table.
The video shows a simple recipe for plumyanka:
Slivyanka on alcohol
The use of alcohol for infusion makes the plum harder. For chill, such a recipe usually includes sprigs of fresh mint.
From the ingredients according to the recipe you need to prepare:
- ripe plums - 2 kg;
- medical or food alcohol - 200 ml;
- loose sugar - 0.45 kg;
- fresh mint - 5 medium sprigs.
Instead of mint, you can use lemon balm in the recipe, but here it all depends on taste preferences.
The process of preparing a drink consists of the following steps:
- The washed and dried plums without stalks are cut into two slices, the stone is removed. Grind the pulp in a meat grinder or blender, leave to settle for 2 hours.
- Try to squeeze mashed potatoes to the maximum through cheesecloth to get juice. The whole cake is thrown away.
- Plum juice is mixed with alcohol, sugar, poured into a jar. Throw mint sprigs, close the lid, put the jar in the cellar to infuse for two months.
The finished product is filtered through cotton wool. The plum is bottled, left to infuse for another 2 weeks, only then they begin to taste.
Homemade plumyanka with honey
The recipe for a delicious and healthy drink is based on the use of honey instead of sugar. Of the ingredients you will need:
- ripe plums - 3 kg;
- seeds from plums - 30 pieces;
- food or medical alcohol - 1.5 liters;
- vodka or homemade moonshine - 1 liter;
- honey (preferably flower) - 0.75 kg.
To obtain a drink, do the following steps:
- The washed plums are divided into slices, the cores are removed. The bones are not thrown away, but 30 pieces are wrapped in gauze. The bundle is placed on the bottom of the jar.
- Slices of plums are also sent to a jar, poured with alcohol. The contents of the container closed with a lid are insisted for 6 weeks.
- After the expiration of the period, the present alcohol is drained. The bones with gauze are carefully removed and discarded. Slices of plums are poured with liquid honey, insisted for 2 weeks, periodically shaking the product.
- The honey from the plums will draw out the remnants of the alcoholized juice. The resulting syrup is drained. Plums are not thrown away, but poured again, only now with vodka. After three weeks, the infused liquid is drained.
- The resulting three tinctures are mixed. Slivyanka is sent to the cellar for two weeks. After the appearance of a precipitate, the tincture will become transparent. The product can be drained and served.
The remaining alcoholized sweet plums are used for desserts, served with meat, and decorated with cakes.
Quick plum with orange zest
If a family holiday is planned in 1-2 weeks, the plumyanka can be prepared according to a quick recipe. Of the ingredients you will need:
- slices of ripe pitted plums - 1 kg;
- loose sugar - 2 cups;
- vodka - 2 l;
- chopped orange peel - 3 teaspoons.
- Plum wedges are crushed into small pieces, poured into a jar.
- Peel the zest from the orange without touching the white shell, as it gives bitterness. The orange peel is chopped with a knife, poured into the plums, sugar is added, everything is poured with vodka.
- For at least a week, the plum is infused, and then it is drained through a gauze filter.
After cooling, the drink is served at the table.
Cream of dried plums with moonshine
Completely homemade plumyanka can be called if it is prepared with moonshine. This recipe will require the following ingredients:
- homemade double-distilled moonshine by strength not more than 45% - 2 liters;
- prunes with pits - 0.5 kg;
- loose sugar - 200 g.
To prepare a drink, do the following steps:
- The prunes are washed without removing the pits and put into a jar.
- Fruits are covered with sugar, filled with moonshine. For insisting, the jar is placed in the cellar for two weeks.
The finished tincture is drained, filtered through cheesecloth, bottled. Use prunes on your own.
Slivyanka, prepared according to any recipe, is tasty and healthy, but it should be consumed in moderation. If the drink is too strong, you can dilute it with apple juice.