Along with the traditional material for equipping garden paths, sports facilities, and indoor premises, rubber tiles are increasingly used, which in some cases have significant advantages over concrete, asphalt, and brick. The unique properties of rubber allow it to be used wherever increased durability and water resistance are required.
Where is paving slabs used
Rubber paving slabs are in demand, universal materialwhich is suitable for decoration:
- Children's playgrounds (indoors and outdoors). Thanks to the soft coating of such sites, the risk of injuries during falls is reduced.
- Sports facilities. The soft rubber surface is optimal for traction with sports shoes, which also reduces injuries.
- Gyms. The ability of a rubber coating to withstand large mechanical loads makes it popular in training rooms.
- Territories adjacent to ponds (pools, moorings). The rubber surface does not become slippery when water gets on it. This makes it indispensable for paving areas near ponds.
- Walking paths, alleys, sidewalks. It is also used to cover stairwells and balconies. It is neat and safe.
- Industrial enterprises and agricultural facilities. Rubber is an environmentally friendly material and is easy to care for.
- Garden area. Rubber tracks are easy to mount, do not slip after rain.
Wherever the surface is subjected to high loads, a reasonable solution is to equip them with a rubber plate.
Material production process
Even the manufacture of tiles is worth, because for its production used car tires that are out of order.
Landfills of old cars have long been an environmental hazard, but tire recycling has become a profitable business in recent years. Mini-lines are opened that produce rubber crumb, on the basis of which paving tiles are then produced.
The production process is as follows:
- First, a mixture is prepared, the basis of which is rubber crumb, an adhesive composition of polyurethane (for adhesion of components) and highly resistant dyes (for pigment).
- With special technical mixers, the mixture is stirred until smooth, and then it is sent to molding.
Further, the rubber tile can be prepared in two ways:
- Technology vibrocasting. In this case, on specially equipped the vibration stand is filled with plastic molds with the prepared mixture, kept for 3 days (a certain temperature regime is constantly maintained). According to this technology, the tiles are flat, with a glossy surface.
- Method of vibropressing. At the first stage, it is identical to vibrocasting, but then the tile is pressed under high pressure. It turns out products with a corrugated surface, dense and elastic. Most often, this coating is used for paving sidewalks.
At the last stage, the material is kept in thermal cabinets and prepared for sale.
Benefits of Rubber Coating
The rubberized coating has a number of significant advantages over traditional (concrete, ceramic) paving tiles:
- Provided that it is installed correctly, it has a longer operational period (at least 10 years).
- It has high frost resistance, water resistance.
- During transportation and installation, it does not break or crumble.
- Species diversity allows you to choose it for almost any landscape style.
- It is steady against fading, does not demand special leaving.
- Rubber tile coating is safety.
Tile Mounting Recommendations
Before laying the treated surface carefully line up. Mounted on concrete, asphalt or compacted soil. It is not recommended to lay on a surface that may shrink (sand, pebbles). In extreme cases, such a base must be carefully tamped.
For extra strength, sides are used that are located on the sides of the track. Lay tiles on rubber-bitumen mastic.
Two main laying methods are used: on hard surface and on the ground.
Laying in the garden
This method is most often used for mounting on garden plot. The foundation before laying must be carefully prepared: clean all weeds and thoroughly tamp. Then a layer of gravel is laid out with a thickness of 80 mm to 100 mm. A cement-sand layer is laid on top of it, which will be the adhesion for the tiled coating.
When installing tiles on the ground, it is recommended to install a border. It will give additional strength, and such a track looks more presentable. When laying on the ground, do not slope. The outflow of moisture from the underground soil occurs naturally, this cannot be avoided. In this case, the tile may begin to slide downhill.
With this method of laying, it is recommended to choose a tile that is connected to each other using special bushings (included in the kit). Bushings allow them to dock more tightly. This is convenient during installation and avoids problems in the operation of the track.
The solid base will withstand tiles of large thickness, you can take 18−20 mm. As a basis, concrete, asphalt, wooden flooring are used. For example, on the paved paths of a playground, a rubber coating is laid for safety.
The asphalt base is treated with a primer from a mixture of polyurethane adhesive and acetone, taken in equal proportions. The concrete base is carefully leveled before laying the tiles. There should be no hollows or cracks on it.
For laying rubber on concrete, a primer made of glue and acetone is also used. Further, according to technology, it is necessary to make small slopes so that water flows. All styling material must be dry.
After surface treatment with a primer, the tile adheres to the base. Apply polyurethane adhesive, which is applied with a roller or spatula. It is necessary to ensure that the tile fits snugly against each other and to the surface. After the glue hardens, the rubber track is ready for use.
Crumb rubber track
To cover the tracks on the site, rubber is also used. baby. Do-it-yourself styling is done in two ways:
- The crumb is sprinkled with a thick layer on the surface to be coated. Then it is carefully rammed. This coating can not be durable and is formed as a temporary, low-cost.
- The crumb is laid using a polyurethane binder. To do this, carefully prepare the surface, you can even rinse it with water. Then apply a primer and allow it to dry. While the site is drying up, prepare the mixture of crumbs, dye and polyurethane adhesive, mix thoroughly. The finished composition is coated on the surface, gently leveled and tamped. Allow to dry for 24 hours.
Rubber coating for the yard of a private house not only very comfortably to move, but also has good sound insulation. It is used for walkways, porch, steps, training grounds in the country.