All lovers of "quiet hunting" are well aware of mushrooms with a characteristic orange-red color - these are mushrooms. Their beneficial properties have been known for a long time. Delicious and nutritious, they are considered the basis of many dishes, but the recipe for salted mushrooms in the cold way has become the most popular. There are quite a few variations of such salting, but any mushroom dish retains their useful properties, and spices and spices add pungency and piquancy.
You should find out how to properly salt mushrooms in a cold way, on the basis of which recipes you can prepare the most delicious snacks. Knowledge of all the intricacies of salting will help prepare blanks that can be classified as real Russian delicacies.
Preparing saffron milk caps for cold pickling
Before salting saffron milk caps in a cold way, they must be carefully prepared. Immediately after collection, they are sorted out, damaged, wormy, sorted.
Important! For salting, it is worth picking up fruit bodies of the same size so that they are evenly salted and have the same consistency.
Cleaning should be carried out as soon as possible so that the mushrooms do not deteriorate and become unusable. It makes sense to start it back in the forest, removing dirt, cutting out defective spots and the rough part of the leg.
If it is decided to salt the mushrooms in a cold way, then they need special treatment:
- Remove leaves and dirt.
- Rinse thoroughly using a sponge and toothbrush.
- Drain off dirty water and rinse again with clean water.
- Pour cold water into a glass container, add a few tablespoons of salt there and dip the washed mushrooms into it.
- Leave them in this solution for several hours.
- Drain the water.
- Rinse under running water.
- Wait for excess liquid to drain.
In what dishes to salt mushrooms in a cold way
For cold cooking salted saffron milk caps, you need appropriate dishes. Wooden tubs, glass or enameled containers without scratches, damages and chips are suitable. In this capacity, cans, bottles, pots or buckets with lids can act.
It is possible to salt mushrooms in a cold way in a glass jar only after it has been thoroughly washed and sterilized. Enamelled utensils should undergo a similar treatment.
A wooden tub or barrel has long been considered the best container for salted mushrooms. The preferred material for their manufacture is oak or cedar. Today you can find such a container, but before you start to salt in it, it is necessary to prepare. This applies to both new tubs and those already in use:
- New barrels are soaked in water for two weeks to remove tannins, which can cause darkening of fruit bodies and brine.
- The container is washed thoroughly.
- Steamed with boiling water and caustic soda solution (50 g per bucket of water).
- Fumigate raw tub with sulfur to destroy harmful organisms.
Important! Do not salt in galvanized, aluminum or plastic dishes, since materials of manufacture are capable of emitting harmful substances during oxidation, leading to poisoning.
Experts do not advise making a cold salting of mushrooms in clay pots, since salt becomes unusable under the influence of salt. It is quite possible that there is lead in the glaze of such dishes, which gets into the brine and poisons it.
How to pickle mushrooms for the winter in a cold way
The advantages of cold salting technology are that the product undergoes minimal processing, all the vitamin composition and benefits from it are preserved.
The process of cold salting of camelina mushrooms is as follows:
- For cooked, sorted and soaked mushrooms, the legs are shortened at a distance of about 1 cm from the cap.
- A layer of salt is poured onto the bottom of the container.
- Lay the mushrooms in layers (about 10 cm), caps down.
- Sprinkle them with spices - garlic, pepper, bay leaf.
- Dill, black currant leaves, horseradish, cherries are placed on top.
- A wooden circle wrapped in gauze is placed on the leaves.
- They press him down with oppression.
Salt consumption is equal to 40 - 60 g per kilogram of saffron milk caps. Mushrooms can be added to a large container as they are harvested.
Important! The oppression should not dissolve in water. Do not use a brick or metal object that can rust for this purpose.
The salty product is ready for use in a month.
Cold Salted Camelina Recipes
With this method, salted mushrooms retain their color, taste, shape, aroma. Specialists offer recipes that do not involve the use of spices in order to obtain a pure mushroom aroma.
The method is very suitable for young, small fruiting bodies.
Important! Cold salting of saffron milk caps for the winter can be divided into two types - wet and dry. The difference between them lies in the differences in the preparation of mushrooms for salting. The first involves rinsing them, the second only dry cleaning.
There are a lot of recipes for cooking salted mushrooms in the cold way:
- without spices;
- express way;
- traditional or classic;
- with onion;
- with horseradish and garlic;
- with mustard.
With strict adherence to recipes and storage rules, salted mushrooms are tasty, fragrant, do not sour, do not deteriorate.
Simple cold salting of mushrooms without spices
For those who love the aroma of the gifts of the forest without the taste of spices, a simple and popular recipe for cold salting of mushrooms is suitable, which contains only two ingredients:
- coarse salt - 300 g;
- mushrooms - 1 bucket.
For cooking you need:
- Peel and rinse the mushrooms.
- Separate the caps from the legs.
- Place in layers in an enamel bucket.
- Cover the layers with salt, falling on each mushroom.
- Put a flat plate or wooden circle on top.
- Install the load.
- Cover the bucket with cheesecloth.
- Transfer the container to a cool place for two weeks.
- Place the salted mushrooms tightly in glass jars.
- Keep refrigerated.
Cold Salted Camelina Instant Recipe
For the winter, mushrooms harvested at the end of the season are best suited. If they are obtained in July, you can use the recipe for cold pickling camelina very quickly for them:
- The mushrooms are cleaned and washed.
- Put them in a saucepan.
- Add spices and herbs that you like.
- Salted thickly.
- Stir the contents of the pan.
- Salt on top again.
- Cover with a plate on top.
- After 2 hours, the salted mushrooms are washed in running water.
The appetizer can be consumed seasoned with oil, onions.
Delicious cold salting of mushrooms with garlic and herbs
Homemade cold salting of saffron milk caps will turn out to be spicy if you use the following ingredients:
- fresh mushrooms - 3 kg;
- garlic cloves - 9 pcs.;
- bay leaf - 24 pcs.;
- peppercorns - 25 pcs.;
- currant leaves - 15 pcs.;
- coarse salt - 150 g.
Most of the nutrients and vitamins are in small specimens. It is them that should be salted:
- Prepare the mushrooms by cleaning and rinsing in running water.
- Prepare a container.
- Lay out the bottom of the container with laurel and currant leaves.
- Add peppercorns.
- Add a layer of salt.
- Lay a row of saffron milk caps on it, placing the caps down.
- Season with salt and spices again.
- Fill the entire container with layers of fruit bodies and spices.
- Cover the top layer with currant and laurel leaves.
- To make the mushrooms salted, set a circle of wood and a load on it.
- Transfer the container to a dark, cool place for 15 - 20 days.
- Place the finished product in sterile jars and close with sterile lids.
Cold salted camelina recipe for the winter with onions
Among the many options for cooking salted mushrooms, there is a recipe with onions. For him you will need:
- fresh mushrooms - 2 kg;
- onions - 0.3 kg;
- allspice (peas) - 10 pcs.;
- rock salt, coarse - 100 g.
- Carry out dry cleaning of fruiting bodies, using only a brush and a damp cloth.
- Chop the onion into thin rings.
- The mushrooms are put in containers with their caps up, sprinkling evenly with onions, pepper, salt.
- Cover with a clean cloth.
- A wooden circle and a weight are installed on it.
- After a month, salted mushrooms are ready, they can be eaten.
Spicy salting of saffron milk caps in a cold way for the winter
Those who love spicy dishes may like the cold salting of mushrooms in jars, tubs, buckets or other suitable container.
The recipe includes the following ingredients:
- fresh mushrooms - 2 kg;
- bitter ground black pepper - 8 g;
- allspice - 7 pcs.;
- bay leaf - 6 pcs.;
- coarse salt - 90 g;
- black currant leaves - 40 g.
- Cleans mushrooms from debris.
- Lay them in one layer on a sieve.
- Scalded twice with boiling water.
- Poured over with ice water.
- Allow to dry.
- Currant and bay leaves, pepper are placed on the bottom of the container.
- Mix ground pepper with salt.
- Lay the mushrooms in layers and sprinkle with a salty mixture.
- Cover with a clean cloth.
- A circle and a weight are installed on it.
- Salted mushrooms are ready in a month.
- Store the product at a temperature of 5 ⁰С.
If it is not possible to maintain a constant temperature, you can increase the amount of salt used by a quarter, which will allow them to be stored much longer at a higher temperature.
Spicy salted mushrooms in a tub are excellent. To do this, perform the following actions:
- Prepare the tub by placing juniper branches on the bottom.
- Pour boiling water over them and cover the container with a blanket.
- Hot stones are thrown into the tub to generate steam and disinfect the container.
- Produce dry cleaning of saffron milk caps.
- Mushrooms are placed in a tub in layers, alternating with horseradish leaves, dill, oak and cherry leaves, and garlic.
- Put a bag of cheesecloth with salt on top so that it spreads over the entire surface.
- A wooden circle is placed on the salt and oppression.
- When the load begins to descend, some of the released mushroom juice is scooped up.
The mushrooms are ready in two months. During this time, they not only become salty, but also slightly fermented, acquiring a unique rich taste.
How many days mushrooms are salted in a cold way
There are several opinions on how long the salting process takes. Some believe that a week is enough for cold salting, others - at least a month.
It all depends on when the product is used for food. Already a couple of days after salting, you can start tasting the delicacy. They lose their bitterness, but at the same time remain firm and crispy. If you plan to eat a prepared delicacy soon, you need to use less salt, long-term storage requires more salt.
Terms and conditions of storage
You can save salted mushrooms only if the temperature regime is observed. The room must be ventilated, the temperature in it must be maintained at a level not lower than 0 ⁰С, so that the products do not freeze and do not lose their quality. At temperatures above 5 ° C, cold salted mushrooms can turn sour. Make sure that the mushrooms are completely covered with brine. If it is lacking, it is necessary to replenish it with salted boiled water.
If mold appears on the oppression, mug or gauze, they must be rinsed in hot salted water, and the walls of the container should be gently wiped with a cloth.
Important! The shelf life depends on the amount of salt used for cooking.
With the express method, a little salt is used, storage is carried out in the refrigerator, otherwise the product will quickly sour.
For long-term storage, it is considered optimal to use 40 g of salt per 1 kg of fruit bodies.
The recipe for salted saffron milk caps in the cold way is known and has been successfully used by our compatriots since ancient times, when they were served to the tsar's table and sent for export to Europe. Since then, new materials for containers for salted mushrooms have appeared, the recipes have been supplemented, made more diverse in composition. The taste of Russian delicacy has remained invariably unique. To get fragrant crispy ginger hats, you can use the usual or quick cold method of salting saffron milk caps (video).