The garden site requires some care from spring to fall. Flowers, shrubs and trees need not only to be watered and weed, but also fertilized, and also treated from the invasion of pests and various diseases. To spray a bush or tree, you will need a special sprayer. If the garden is large, then an ordinary manual device will work hard. In this case, you can choose a knapsack or pump sprayer, with which the gardener can easily process his many garden crops.
Types of Sprayers
Sprayers are devices with a tank and a spray gun, from which liquid is sprayed due to the creation of excess pressure. Their tank can be of different volumes:
- A bottle of 3 to 5 liters is used to process greenhouses.
- Medium-sized devices of 10 l are suitable for spraying solutions in the garden.
- Large sprayers with a tank of up to 80 l are the best suited for spraying bushes and trees in the garden.
By design, sprayers are divided into four types.
This is the simplest device, when working with it, you just need to press the lever with your hand, first pour the solution into the container. A bottle in a hand-made design is no more than two liters in volume. A manual sprayer is used to process plants in beds and in greenhouses.
- universality and reliability;
- low cost;
- ease of use.
- not suitable for processing tall trees and large areas;
- small capacity.
Pump pumps are distinguished from manual sprayers by their large tank volume and design. They consist of the following elements:
- a bottle with a volume of 3 to 20 liters;
- 3 atmospheric pressure pump, which is integrated in the cover;
- snap button for continuous spraying;
- sliding rod with a rotating nozzle.
Some models can be knapsacks and they can be worn behind the back. So that the container does not move to the side, a waist belt is attached to it.
With the help of pump-action sprayers, you can process bushes, trees and large areas.
- ease of management;
- ease of use;
- comfortable wearing;
- the ability to spray large areas.
- high atmospheric pressure is pumped into the tank, which makes the work quite dangerous;
- high price of designs from European manufacturers.
Gardeners prefer this type of sprinklers because they can be used to very quickly process a large area of a garden with their help. This is explained by the fact that manual pumping when working with the device is not required. The design runs on a battery that is pre-charged from the mains. In addition, the nozzle comes with three nozzles, two spray tubes, a hose and a fluid tank.
There is a large selection of models of cordless sprayers. They differ in the duration of the apparatus without recharging and the size of the reservoir for solutions. Especially popular among gardeners are sprayers for tall trees with a long rod. For transportation of the device and ease of use, containers can be equipped with a shoulder strap.
- can handle tall trees and large tracts;
- lack of noise;
- ease of use.
The disadvantages include the need for recharging batteries on average every three hours.
A fully automated design for gardening is a gas sprayer. It is equipped with a powerful engine, a tank with a capacity of about 20 liters, a liquid pump, a gas lever and an on-off button on the handle. The device works on a mixture of oil and gasoline. With it, you can easily process very tall trees and an area of up to 5 hectares.
- automated management process;
- suitable for farmers;
- processing radius up to 18 meters;
- large volume of solution tank;
- for convenience of transportation it is equipped with wheels or special belts.
- noise at work;
- fuel regularly;
- high price.
Criteria for choosing garden sprayers
Choose a sprayer in accordance with the area of the garden and the scope of the proposed work. The larger the area, the more tank volume to choose. If the choice is stopped on a large tank, then you should think about its convenient transportation and choose a design with a satchel or a wheeled model.
When choosing a sprayer, you should pay attention to the following criteria:
- Reliability and quality of fasteners.
- The quality and density of the elements.
- The quality of the material of the rod, tank, nozzle. Experienced gardeners recommend recommending a metal bar.
- The sprayer for the sprayer must be adjustable so that it can be set to both spray and fine irrigation.
- The presence of interchangeable nozzles.
- Manufacturing company.
- When buying a complex design, you should pay attention to the warranty period and the availability of service centers.
- The ability to purchase spare parts in case any minor part of the device breaks.
When buying, you should also pay attention to the instructions, which should be in Russian. It will be difficult to independently understand the device and the operation of the battery or gas sprayer, therefore it is recommended that you study the instructions in advance.
Having made the final choice, you should take the sprayer in your hands and try to work with it. Its valve should work properly, and the design itself should be comfortable and not heavy.
The best garden sprayers
Simple and easy-to-use hand-held sprayers are widely used by home growers and gardeners who do not have very large areas. The best are:
- Gardena Comfort 814 - a voluminous and lightweight design with a 1.25 liter bottle has a built-in shock absorber, thanks to which the water supply is almost uninterrupted. The sprayer is equipped with a functional tip with a regulator for spraying liquids from fine spray to a strong jet. With the integrated safety valve, pressure can be quickly relieved and a practical filter eliminates the possibility of clogging of the nozzle.
- Geolia - a line of hand-held sprayers with reservoirs from 0.75 to 8 liters. Models are of good quality and low cost. Designs with large tanks can be equipped with a pump pump and straps to carry the device behind. All sprayers are easy to carry and painted in a pleasant light green color.
- Gloria Hobby 100 - a manual sprayer from a manufacturer from Germany is distinguished by a brass nozzle and an adjustable nozzle, with which you can evenly distribute the shape of the jet. The device is equipped with a convenient handle, a large filler opening and transparent inspection strips.
- Beetle OP-205 m - a sprayer popular among gardeners from a Russian manufacturer is distinguished by a 1.5-liter bottle, spray control from spray to fog and an additional built-in safety valve. The tank has a wide pallet, due to which it is stable. And also the tank has a wide neck through which it is convenient to fill in water and solutions.
Among the sprayers with integrated pumps are:
- The OP-207 beetle is an easy-to-use model made of high-strength plastic, has a continuous spray lock and has an 8 liter tank with a convenient neck. Solutions can be sprayed in a variety of modes, from a continuous jet to fog.
- Marolex Hobby - easy to use and reliable equipment has a low weight and high performance. With its help, you can easily and quickly irrigate plants in the garden and in the garden.
- Marolex Profession - the device features a patented system to prevent sedimentation at the bottom of the tank of various sediments from solutions. It is made of high-quality materials and equipped with special gaskets, thanks to which the internal parts are not contaminated, and the work of the hose is extended.
The best knapsack sprayer
Having a large tank volume and a belt equipped with straps, it is convenient to use for processing large areas and tall trees. Very popular among them is:
- Oleo - Mac S. P. 126 - a gasoline sprayer with a powerful engine and a 25 liter tank. It is equipped with the Lift Starter system and the "Choke" system, so it starts quickly and without problems. With its help, you can easily spray a large area of the garden. The only minus is a lot of weight, due to which you can’t work with it for a long time.
- Marolex Titan 20 - made from high-strength materials, the sprayer has a tank of 20 liters and a weight of just over four kilograms. It is equipped with a telescopic long bar that can be extended up to 135 cm. The design has a rectangular shape, which some gardeners do not think very comfortable.
- Hozelock Killaspray Plus - a functional sprayer equipped with a telescopic boom extending up to 85 cm, a tank with a convenient wide neck and metal parts in the pump mechanism. A protruding trigger is located on the structure, which has two positions. Using it is very convenient to turn the device on and off even with gloves on. Additionally, the fan and cone type nozzles are included in the package, through which the solution is easy to pour into the container.
Which is better to choose a battery sprayer the seller advised me. As a result, I became the owner of the design for processing the garden from the manufacturer from Germany Gloria Prima. This sprayer has a 5 liter tank and a powerful pump. It is enough to turn it on and press the button so that a powerful jet begins to flow from the hose, spraying everything within a radius of one meter. Now all the bushes and trees in the garden with the help of such a device I process very quickly, and there is still time for rest.Alexey, Russia
More recently, I bought a Riobi cordless sprayer, which is very convenient to use. When you turn it on, you need to wait a little so that the solution is pumped to the pump. After that, you can get to work. Spraying about twenty bushes takes 5 liters of solution, while the battery remains almost fully charged. The only minutes of the device - there is no belt in the kit, and you have to wear it by the upper handle.Igor, Russia
Last fall, I purchased a garden-powered sprayer and immediately worked shrubs and trees with it. Two tanks of 10 liters each were left in the whole garden. I worked without interruption and charging the battery was enough for everything. I liked the design and its work. However, there is still a drawback - the description indicates that the length of the spray tube should be 120 cm, but in fact its length is one meter.Vladimir, Russia