Berry tinctures on cognac are popular because these two products are combined, complement each other. They are prepared quickly and easily. Wild berries are easy to buy all year round, fresh or frozen. Traditionally, at home "klukovka", as it is popularly called, is prepared with moonshine and alcohol. There are many recipes to help you get a flavored tincture. But true connoisseurs like cranberries on cognac.
So that it does not disappoint, high-quality ingredients are used for its preparation - aged cognac and ripe berries, harvested immediately after the first frost.
Classic cranberry liqueur on cognac
The classic recipe will take a little time, but the end result will be worth it. Patience will be rewarded with a delicate aroma, bright color and pleasant taste of the drink, which absorbs the beneficial properties of berries, spices and cognac. The filling will help you quickly warm up on cold evenings.
To prepare the tincture, you will need to stock up on the following products:
- 0.6 kg fresh, frozen cranberries;
- 2 tbsp. cognac;
- 1 tbsp. vodka;
- 1 tbsp. water;
- 0.5 kg of granulated sugar;
- 3 tbsp. l. honey;
- 3-4 carnation buds;
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 stick can be used.
Stages of cooking fragrant cranberries on cognac with spices:
- Sort fresh berries, rinse under running water, dry. Defrost, remove excess moisture.
Advice! Do not add a lot of sugar to the drink at once. After standing, a sample is removed, and if it is sour, then sugar syrup can be added.
- Cover the cranberries with sugar, lightly press down with a crush so that they let the juice out.
- To prepare the cognac tincture, use glassware, an enamel pan.
- Cover the container with berries on top with gauze, leave for 2 days at room temperature.
- When the berries with sugar let the juice go, put to boil, adding water, wait for a boil.
- After the berry mixture has cooled, cover it again with gauze and leave for three days.
- Strain and squeeze the cranberries through a cloth.
- Pour the cake remaining after straining with vodka.
- Mix the resulting juice with brandy. When water and alcohol are combined, it is more correct to pour in alcohol last.
- In separate containers with tightly closed lids, leave the juice and cake to infuse for 14 days.
- After the required amount of time has passed, carefully drain the contents of the cans, try not to get the sediment into the strained drink.
- Add honey, spices, mix.
- Pour the cranberry tincture into a jar, close it tightly with a nylon lid, leave for 30 days in a cool place, refrigerator.
- Pour the ready-made cranberries on cognac into bottles.
The homemade tincture of this classic recipe is nowhere near store-bought. It has a piquant aroma and retains the beneficial properties of wild berries.
To get a flavored liqueur, it is important to choose the right alcohol. When choosing a brandy, they stop at an option with an average price. But it is better to take grape vodka, chacha.
Store a similar tincture for up to 16 months in the cellar. The drink is served as a dessert, consumed in small portions, diluted with berry juices.
Cranberry tincture helps with colds, treats arthrosis, if mixed with beets and radishes. To remove the bitterness inherent in radish and the sourness of cranberries, it is worth adding honey, which increases the beneficial properties of the drink.
To prepare a healing tincture, you will need the following products:
- 0.5 kg of cranberries;
- 0.5 kg of black radish;
- 0.5 kg of beets;
- 2 tbsp. cognac.
- Peel radish and beets, mince or grind with a blender.
- Fold the ingredients into one spacious container, leave to infuse for 14 days.
- After the liqueur has stood, strain through cheesecloth, previously folded in several layers.
- Add 1 tbsp. honey or sugar, stir, bottle, refrigerate.
Cranberry tincture on cognac for medicinal purposes is taken in 1 tbsp. on an empty stomach, 15-20 minutes before breakfast. Undergo a course of treatment several times a year. Each person has their own preferences for the amount of sugar, therefore, the amount is initially added strictly according to the recipe, and after removing the sample, its content can be increased.
Sweet cranberry, infused with cognac with the addition of radish and beets, helps relieve inflammation and pain in the joints, restores inter-articular tissues and alleviates the general condition of a person during illness.
Often, when preparing a tincture, the sugar settles to the bottom of the jar. You can simply pour it into another container, if there is enough sweetness, stir to dissolve the sugar.
How to prepare the "cranberry on cognac" tincture is described in the video:
A quick recipe for cranberries on cognac
This recipe will help out those who urgently need cranberry tincture, but there is no time to wait. Under other conditions, ripening will require an average of 1.5 months, but it is possible to get a tasty and healthy tincture within a few hours after the start of preparation. But this recipe has a minus - some of the beneficial properties of the berry are lost during steaming, but the taste remains unchanged.
- 1 tbsp. cranberries;
- 2 tbsp. sugar (can be replaced with honey);
- 1 tbsp. water.
Advice! To make fresh berries more aromatic and sweet, freeze them before making a tincture from them.
Step-by-step cooking according to this recipe:
- Sort the berries, rinse under running water, rinse with boiling water, pour into a jar and add the required amount of sugar.
- Mash the cranberries with a wooden rolling pin.
- Pour brandy into the container, mix the contents thoroughly, close the lid tightly and leave in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Strain the tincture.
- Add warm water, stir.
- Cool the drink, pour into a bottle, close tightly.
You can store the tincture in the refrigerator for about a year. To make the tincture more aromatic, use mint branches as additional ingredients, 1 tbsp. galangal (cinquefoil root).
Cranberry is rich in a whole complex of vitamins: C, PP and K1, group B. It contains trace elements necessary for the proper functioning of all body systems: triterpene and benzoic acids, magnesium and others. Thanks to the alcohol that is part of the tincture, the beneficial components of the berries quickly penetrate into the blood through the walls of the digestive tract, so they are absorbed faster. Cognac is a preservative that preserves the beneficial properties of cranberries and increases its shelf life.
Cranberry tincture on cognac has a positive effect on the body:
- reduces high fever;
- increases the body's resistance to respiratory diseases;
- relieves joint pain;
- negatively affects pathogens;
- removes excess fluid.
If you regularly take cognac tincture, you can quickly get rid of cold symptoms, cure intestinal and stomach diseases, strengthen the immune system and increase appetite. Before using the drink, you should consult a doctor, perhaps there are contraindications.
Cranberries on cognac have a pronounced taste, and it can be smoothed out with flavors, mint, cinnamon. The choice of additional ingredients is huge, you can experiment for a long time and, as a result, get a healthy drink with different tastes. Before you start preparing a drink, it is recommended that you first try the classic recipe, and then cook with the addition of herbs and spices.