No park or garden can do without beautiful and unique sculptures that are made from different materials and placed in the center or in hidden corners. You can, of course, choose the finished composition, but it is much more fun to make a unique statue yourself, using cement or gypsum. Such creations are characterized by durability and a variety of configurations. In addition, they can be painted in any desired color.
Concrete is a multifunctional building material that can be used both for building construction and repairs, as well as for sculpting sculptures and various crafts. Today, landscape designers offer a large number of solutions for site design. In addition, nowadays they often resort to the creation of concrete products for the park and garden. If you have specific skills, you can easily do it yourself.
Using garden molds made of concrete, experts imitate natural stone, produce fountains, pools and more. The advantage of such products is that they retain their shape for a long time. In addition, the reliability and weight of the cement product allows you to maintain stability even with significant gusts of wind. In addition, the material is very affordable and is sold at an optimal cost. If you want to save means in this case, you can make a concrete composition with your own hands. This will require cement and a filler (for example, sand or pebbles).
The most basic composition for beginners is it is a small fungus made of concrete. This may be a simple porcini mushroom or red fly agaric, depending on what color you choose. Homemade concrete should be like soft oil - not very watery, but not so dense that rounded shapes cannot be molded out of it. Mushroom is more correct to do in the summer season, and the entire sequence of operations will consist of several steps.
- To make a hat, make a hole in the sand, for example, using a deep cup.
- Lay a sheet of burdock in the bottom to make the future hat rough (like a mushroom).
- Insert a piece of reinforcement or pipe into the center of the cap to reinforce it. For the legs, you can use linoleum or roofing material, which are compressed into a tube, and filled with a solution of cement.
- After these two parts have dried, fill the top of the leg with a solution and attach a hat with a piece of reinforcement.
- After 4 days, the sculpture can be decorated.
If burdocks, mallow, rhubarb or other large-leaved plants grow on your site, do not rush to exterminate them. Better use them to make concrete copies of leaflets..
- Take 1 part cement and 3 parts sand and mix them with water to the consistency of cottage cheese.
- Pour a mountain of sand and lay on top a compacted sheet without cracks.
- Pour it with a cement consistency. When the composition dries, separate the leaf and you have a magnificent relief sculpture.
Such "leaves" can be decorated with various colorsadding color to the garden. And they also serve as excellent drinking bowls for birds.
One of the easiest varieties of concrete garden sculptures are considered various hemispherical objects - turtles, ladybugs, hedgehogs painted on a flower bed. For their production, any appropriate model is suitable - an old basin or a bowl, half a ball, or even just a hole in the sand, the bottom of which is covered with a newspaper. Cement is poured into the prepared form and wait until it hardens. You can do anything with the hemisphere.
Reliable holding hands
Mini flower beds or holders for pots and fixtures can be made of unnecessary rubber gloves.
- Fill the gloves with a cement consistency and place something on them to give shape, for example, the pot that they will subsequently hold.
- After the concrete has hardened, cut off the remnants of the gloves and fill the “hands” with soil and seeds, or set a small container with flowers in them.
It looks very original..
If you see only small stones and gravel in your eyes, and you want to embellish the garden, for example, in the Japanese style, then in this case it will be easier to make concrete stones yourself than to find and transport natural stone. They will be hollow and light. For the base, form a frame from crumpled sheets of paper or polyurethane foam. Wrap the frame with plaster mesh. After that, put the composition on the frame with a spatula. Do not give it a perfectly even shape, otherwise, similarity with natural stone is lost. Cover with cellophane and let dry.
Once upon a time in Costa Rica (and later in other states) unusual flawless stone balls were discovered. It is difficult to imagine that nature was able to form a similar composition. In case you want to compete in craftsmanship with nature and make perfect geometric shapes - please!
- Take the cheapest baby balls. Do not hesitate to ask the merchant, if they suddenly have a defective one. Make a small incision (it is more correct to make not a hole, but a direct opening so that the solution can be poured). Consider the moment that you need to organize a special "pillow" for the ball. It is necessary that the ball with concrete inside lay on the surface, which will not deform the bottom, otherwise the ball will not be a ball.
- Take concrete with sand and dilute with water according to the instructions. Try to keep the composition as a thick sour cream.
- Take a spatula and place in an empty bowl.
- Then fill in, remember the ball, tap it on the base of the table - this is necessary to remove air bubbles from the solution. In case there are pieces of thin wire, then spiral up and lay in the middle of the ball.
- Then fill your composition in parts, shaking from time to time, removing air from the solution.
- Fill the whole ball. Install it on our "pillow": the ball has taken a round shape, now you need to slightly report the solution on top, giving it the correct configuration on top too.
- Forget about your ball for the day. Then you can lightly spray concrete. Try so that it does not dry out abruptly, otherwise it will crack. The ball will dry out for about a week due to poor evaporation. While waiting for the result, you can do a few more. While some dry, you can create others of different diameters. Above all, do not forget to work with rubber gloves, as concrete corrodes your hands.
- After the ball dries, carefully cut the rubber of the former ball into pieces. Caution should be high, since the solution has not yet been firmly grasped, you can break the ball.
- If you want a perfect smooth surface, then after completely drying the ball, sprinkle it with water and cover all irregularities without exception in those areas where air bubbles existed before.
- If you want a ball with irregularities, then do not wait for drying. You can make recesses, stripes, waves, directions to your taste with a sharp object. Next, leave it to dry completely.
Then, ideally, the ball can be primed with concrete. So the paint will lie more correctly and absorb less into concrete.
Almost any action figure from cement, you can not only paint with saturated or fluorescent paint, but also decorate. For example, decorate with colored mosaics or pieces of broken glass. To do this, you do not need to wait for the mold to completely dry out, you need to overlay it with mosaic directly on raw cement. In this case, it will definitely hold on for a very long time and will not fall off. To make a concrete ball for the site, you need to take an old rubber ball of any size or a glazed shade and carefully fill them with cement. After drying it is necessary to remove fragments of rubber or glass.
For those who have already practiced somewhat in the production of concrete figures, there are more complicated options that require the ability of an architect and the presence of spatial imagination. We are talking about frame objects made of concrete. Using reinforcement, various compositions can be formed: from an angel to a fantastic castle.
First you need to weave the contour and foundation of the upcoming composition from the wire. The more accurate the frame, the more accurate the finish figure will be. After the first layer of cement has been laid, you can form a composition. Key textured components - face details, lines, etc. - are formed when applying the 2nd layer. If the components are complex, you may need a third layer for the smallest elements. If the sculpture dries, it can be painted in any tone or complement the necessary shades.
Very interesting and unusual look forms that seem to "float out" of a greenish lawn or hide in other corners of the garden. Given the difficulty and need to give them a “movement”, they are molded from plaster. Gypsum is bred with water according to the instructions to the appearance of sour cream. In order for the figure to come out as it should, it needs to be poured into the finished form or to make one of clay yourself. Soak the mold with oil and fill with plaster. If it freezes, you will have 1 half ready. Then prepare your soulmate. Glue these two halves, and smooth out irregularities with sandpaper and cut with a knife.
Among other garden statues, there are also figures dedicated to a particular religion that reproduce popular monuments. Most often we are talking about angels, Buddha figurines, mysterious monoliths from Easter Island or amphorae from other countries. It is rather difficult to form them, because it is necessary to take into account all proportions, scales and distinctive features of each individually taken part without exception. Most of all, such statues are formed in complex frames, but the result can be considered the pinnacle of a creative idea.
At first glance, it may seem to many that it is more customary to use concrete for the manufacture of foundations of houses, the construction of buildings, monolithic systems and other structures. But this building material can be used productively for the formation of decorative elements and landscape design. However, for the production of such products you do not need to invite professionals. To do this, you just need to show a little imagination.
Do-it-yourself concrete garden products are an opportunity to express yourself and discover those abilities that you did not even anticipate. Start with the usual sculptural park decorations and eventually switch to the most difficult ones, and then your garden will be filled with magnificent creations of art made by your own hands. Read about the gypsum figures with your own hands, master classes will teach you the most correct approach.Garden figures