We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Making eggplant heh for the winter is a fairly simple and quick process. The popular Korean snack has a savory sweet and sour taste and looks very impressive.
The dish has an appetizing look, it can be safely served to the festive table.
The subtleties of cooking eggplant He for the winter
You don't need to have any culinary experience to make eggplant heh for the winter. The dish is easy to prepare with the most common ingredients.
Heh from blue is a vegetable salad. Eggplants are pre-fried, boiled or baked, then combined with other vegetables mixed with seasonings.
As a rule, blue ones are not peeled from the skin.
Most often, eggplants are cut into thin bars, but you can also use circles.
It is important not to digest the fruit. The process should last no more than 5 minutes after boiling. Readiness is determined by appearance: if the blue ones have changed color, the heating can be turned off. Vegetables should remain firm and firm.
Traditionally, eggplant heh is prepared for the winter with the addition of seasoning for Korean carrots or ground chili, thanks to which the preparation becomes spicy and piquant.
It is not recommended to put fresh greens in heh from blue ones. It can be frozen for the winter and added to a snack just before serving.
Selection of vegetables
To prepare he for the winter, it is recommended to choose young eggplants, since they have a thin skin, they have less bitterness. The optimal size is about 15 cm. The flesh should be firm, the skin should be even, smooth, without dents or spots. Fruits freshly picked without signs of wilting are best suited. If you have to use old vegetables, they will have to be salted or baked first.
It is advisable to take bell peppers in different colors so that the appetizer turns out to be colorful and bright.
It is better to give preference to purple or red onions.
Carrots are part of the eggplant heh. You can use separately cooked Korean carrots. You can buy it or make it yourself.
The proportions of vegetables are chosen arbitrarily to taste.
Lids and cans for blanks for the winter are heat treated. This procedure helps to avoid spoilage of the eggplant and prevents the cans from opening.
To prepare Korean salad for the winter, you will need small cans - no more than 0.5 liters by volume. The processing time for such cans is no more than 10 minutes.
Before heat treatment, eggplant glass containers are thoroughly washed with soda or detergents.
For preparations for the winter, you can use any method of sterilizing containers
There are several sterilization options:
- In the oven. The containers are placed in a cold cabinet on their side with the neck towards the door, then the fire is lit.
- On a wire rack over a pot filled with water. Put the container upside down. A double boiler can be used for this purpose.
- Boiling. Jars and lids are placed in a suitable container, filled with water and boiled.
- Microwave oven. A jar filled with water 5 cm is placed in the microwave, and the maximum power is set.
Since eggplant is a rather capricious vegetable, preparing he for the winter most often involves sterilizing cans along with a snack, although there are recipes without heat treatment.
Recipes for making eggplant He for the winter
The methods of preparing snacks are the same. They differ slightly in the set of ingredients and processing before rolling. Most often, jars of salad are sterilized for long-term storage.
Spicy eggplant He salad for the winter
For 2 kg of blue ones, 0.5 kg of carrots, bell peppers of different colors and onions, 8 cloves of garlic, 100 ml of sunflower oil and table vinegar (9%) are required. From spices and herbs, you need to prepare 1 tbsp. l. salt, 8 tbsp. sugar, 2 tsp each coriander and ground red pepper, 1 tsp black pepper.
You can serve the dish to the table in deep plates.
- Cut off the stalks of eggplants, cut first into cubes, then into long cubes. Put them in a bowl, season with salt, stir with your hands and leave for 30 minutes.
- Grate the peeled carrots using a Korean carrot grater. Pour boiling water over it, hold it in it for 10 minutes, drain, squeeze it out with your hands.
- Remove seeds and stalk from sweet pepper, cut into thin long strips.
- Cut chili into rings, onion into half rings.
- Put all vegetables in a bowl, except for eggplants, add ground pepper (red and black), sugar and coriander, pour vinegar and vegetable oil. Add chopped garlic, stir and leave for a few minutes.
- Squeeze the eggplants, transfer to a paper towel and pat dry.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil, put squeezed eggplants on it, cover with foil, bake for 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 180 degrees.
- Send baked eggplants to a bowl with other vegetables, mix and marinate all together for 1 hour.
- Arrange the snack in a sterilized container.
- Put a rag in a large saucepan, put containers with salad covered with lids on it, pour hot water to a third of the height of the cans, put on fire, after boiling, keep on the stove for 25 minutes.
- Roll up under the lids, turn upside down and cover with a warm blanket. Store cooled jars of eggplant heh until winter in the pantry.
Heh eggplant with carrots for the winter
To prepare this salad for the winter, you will need 3 pcs. eggplants, onions and bell peppers (yellow, red, green). In addition, you need to prepare 2 pieces. carrots, 1 chili pod, 150 ml of vegetable oil, 2 bay leaves, 3 cloves of garlic, 1.5 tbsp. vinegar, to taste of ground black pepper and salt.
Containers must be sterilized before stopping.
- Peel the pepper: remove partitions, seeds, stalks. Cut into a narrow, long strip.
- Pass the garlic through a press, cut the onion into half rings.
- Seed chili and cut into rings.
- Peel the carrots and cut into thin strips. You can use a grater for grinding.
- Mix all vegetables in a suitable bowl, add salt, pepper and bay leaf, pour in vinegar and stir.
- Cut the washed and peeled eggplants into long and rather thin cubes.
- Pour vegetable oil into a deep frying pan, heat, put eggplants and lightly fry.
- Transfer the fried eggplants to a bowl with the rest of the vegetables, stir and cool. Add spices.
- Transfer the resulting salad to steamed jars, cork, remove for the winter.
Heh eggplant for the winter without sterilization
This recipe for making he for the winter is considered the simplest.
Important! To omit the process of sterilizing eggplant heh in jars before rolling, all vegetables must be heat-treated beforehand.
First, fry is made from carrots, onions, bell peppers and garlic, then eggplant is added and stewed under the lid. Another option is to boil carrots, onions and garlic, fry, bake eggplants and peppers.
For 10 eggplants you will need:
- 15 pcs. bell pepper of different colors;
- 5 pcs. onions and carrots;
- 8 cloves of garlic;
- 1 hot pepper;
- 5 tbsp. sunflower oil;
- 1 bunch of parsley;
- 3 tbsp. Sahara;
- half a glass of water;
- peppercorns and salt to taste.
Cool inverted jars by covering with something warm
- Prepare vegetables: wash, peel. Cut the eggplants into circles, put in a bowl, add water, leave for 20 minutes.
- Grate the carrots, cut the onion into half rings, bell pepper strips, spicy rings.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan, put onion, fry it. Add carrots and peppers, stir, cook for another 3 minutes.
- Drain the water from the eggplant bowl, put the blue ones in a frying pan, add water, salt, peppercorns and sugar. Cover, cook until boiling.
- If there is not enough juice, add water and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat. Pour in vinegar, garlic and parsley and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Sterilize the jars, boil the lids separately. Fill them with salad and roll them up.
- They will cool completely after about 10 hours. After that, put the blanks for the winter in a dark, cool place.
Storage terms and rules
Eggplant heh is sent to the cellar, pantry or refrigerator for the winter. The hermetically sealed workpiece will be preserved until the next harvest of vegetables. Opened jars of salad are not stored for a long time, they must be kept in the refrigerator and consumed within 2-3 days, so it is better to choose small jars.
Eggplant heh for the winter is one of the most popular spicy preparations. The spicy Korean salad has a great taste and appetizing appearance, ease of preparation.