The benefits of cherry plum are not only in delicious vitamin fruits. Traditional medicine uses the leaves, branches, flowers of the tree. The fruit is in demand by cosmetologists. Cherry plum is a source of trace elements that have a beneficial effect on the human body.
What vitamins and minerals are contained in cherry plum
There are many varietal groups of cherry plum and each of them is rich in certain vitamins and microelements. It is difficult to consider all varieties. To understand in general terms, than cherry plum is useful for the human body, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the average data on the composition of substances:
- Thiamin is vitamin B1. The substance stimulates the metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates in the human body. Thiamine improves the functioning of muscles, the digestive system, has a sedative effect on the nerves. Lack of vitamin affects irritability, fatigue, decreased visual memory, and the development of polyneuritis.
Advice! Regular intake of ripe fruits allows you to restore the balance of thiamine during strong physical and nervous stress.
- Riboflavin is known as vitamin B2. The substance is responsible for all biological processes taking place inside the human body. Vitamin improves visual acuity, gives a person energy. Riboflavin deficiency is manifested by inflammatory processes that affect the mucous membrane of the eyes and mouth.
Advice! By eating 100 g of fruit per day, you can replenish the deficit of the daily value of riboflavin by 3%.
- Pyridoxine is the B6 vitamin involved in the regulation of the nervous system. The substance helps to carry out the metabolism of proteins and fats in the body. Lack of pyridoxine causes irritability in a person, nervous breakdowns, rapid muscle fatigue.
Advice! The fruit contains little pyridoxine, but the fruit is still worth eating daily to maintain the balance of this beneficial substance.
- Ascorbic acid is known to everyone as the first rescuer from colds. Vitamin C is an antioxidant, helps the iron to be absorbed, participates in the work of the nervous system, hematopoiesis. Deficiency of the substance is manifested by a deterioration in the condition of the blood vessels.
- Retinol is considered a powerful antioxidant. Vitamin A improves visual acuity, is good for the heart, arteries, blood vessels.
- Fruits contain little vitamin E and nicotinic acid. However, there are enough nutrients to remove cholesterol from the body, reduce the likelihood of blood clots, and improve the work of the heart muscle.
Of the microelements, fruits contain calcium and magnesium. There is phosphorus and iron in small amounts.
Ripe cherry plum is sweet, but the pulp contains little sugar. The fruits have no fat. There is only a small amount of protein and 8 grams of carbohydrates per 100 grams of pulp. Cherry plum is considered a dietary fruit. 100 g of pulp contains 34 Kcal.
Why cherry plum is useful for the body
Considering the beneficial properties of cherry plum, the following facts can be highlighted:
- Ripe fruits help to digest food quickly. There will be no heaviness in the stomach if you eat a handful of healthy fruits before taking a fatty dish.
- Overripe soft pulp has a laxative effect. The fruit is good for constipation.
- An unripe fruit produces the opposite, but also useful effect - strengthening. Semi-ripe fruits are used to treat indigestion.
- The iron content in the pulp improves hemoglobin. The fruit helps to get rid of vitamin deficiency.
- Cherry plum compote improves appetite, helps with colds. Fresh fruits heal a sore throat.
- Doctors have proven the benefits of cherry plum for pregnant women. The fruit replenishes the balance of vitamins useful for mothers and the unborn child.
- Cherry plum will benefit people suffering from migraines. Regular consumption of the fruit helps to get rid of headaches.
- The benefits of cherry plum have been revealed during lactation, but you need to eat a limited number of fruits. For a nursing woman, it is the yellow fruit that will bring more benefit.
- Cherry plum is useful for diabetics, children, the elderly, allergy sufferers. The fruits can be eaten fresh and dry, as well as after heat treatment. Vitamins and microelements in the fruit are not reduced.
The main benefit of cherry plum is to replenish the human body with vitamins. The delicious fruit can be consumed all year round, if you stock up on canning from the summer.
What are the benefits and harms of cherry plum tell in the video:
The benefits of Azerbaijani cherry plum
Cultural and wild forms are growing in Azerbaijan. Regardless of the variety, all fruits are equally healthy. Only the size of the fruit differs. Azerbaijan cherry plum is soft with a thin skin, juicy, tender. Fruit diameter varies from 40 to 45 mm. The pulp contains about 90% liquid, which allows you to quench your thirst during the heat.
The main benefit of the fruit is its low sugar content. Cherry plum is suitable for diabetics in any form. The main thing is that sugar is not added during processing. The fruit is useful in the treatment of vitamin deficiency, helps to restore a weakened immune system.
Attention! Considering the beneficial properties and contraindications of cherry plum of Azerbaijani origin, it is worth noting the harm of the fruit to ulcers and in case of duodenal disease.
Useful properties of green cherry plum
Separately, it is worth considering the beneficial properties and contraindications of green cherry plum, since even unripe fruit is often eaten. Unripe fruits are very acidic due to the high content of vitamin C. The fruit is used in the production of cheap types of food acids. In cooking, green cherry plum is useful as an addition to meat dishes. The acid softens the product and helps the body absorb it easily.
In cosmetology, the benefits of green cherry plum have been established during the passage of programs aimed at cleansing and rejuvenating the body. Unripe fruit is an excellent antioxidant. During the heat, the green cherry plum helps to restore freshness to the skin of the face. Masks are made from pulp and ground seed kernels.
If we consider what are the benefits and harms of green cherry plum, then unripe fruit should be eaten with caution. Eating disorders may occur. The high acid content is harmful to the kidneys and stomach.
The benefits of red cherry plum
Red and purple fruits are rich in anthocyanins. By its natural origin, the substance is a vegetable glycoside. Red fruit is good for the digestive system if you eat a lot of fatty foods. Benefit in the treatment of intestinal inflammation. Vegetable glycoside accelerates the flow of bile.
The benefits of red fruits are high in polyphenols. Substances take part in the cleansing of blood vessels, prevent the appearance of cholesterol plaques. Red fruit compote is useful for liquefying phlegm.
Important! Red cherry plum should not be eaten by people who have increased acidity of gastric juice, frequent heartburn, patients with gout.
The use of cherry plum in medicine
The benefits of cherry plum for the human body have been revealed by official medicine. Doctors recommend the fruit to be consumed by women in labor, nursing mothers, young children and the elderly to replenish the body with minerals.
The culture is officially recognized as a prophylactic against scurvy and night blindness. Doctors recommend to patients a decoction and jam with tea for colds, pregnant women to increase hemoglobin.
Traditional medicine recipes
Traditional medicine has gained benefits from fruits, branches, flowers, seeds. Consider a few of the most common recipes:
- Fresh or canned juice retains all the beneficial properties and is used as a diaphoretic. Drinking 200 ml of vitamin liquid a day, in winter, coughs and colds are cured.
- For constipation, tea is prepared from 30 g of dried fruits and a glass of boiling water. After a five-hour infusion, the portion is divided into three equal parts and drunk during the day.
- The flowers of the tree help cleanse the body of toxins. Tea is brewed in an arbitrary proportion. Take during the day instead of water.
- To treat the prostate in men and restore erection, tea is brewed from 100 g of flowers / 300 g of water.
- A decoction of flowers is useful in treating the liver. Tea is brewed from three glasses of boiling water and 20 g of flowers. Drink half a glass twice a day.
- Brewing in 1 liter of water 3 tbsp. l. chopped branches, a person gets an excellent tool for removing radionuclides from the body. The broth is insisted for two days. Lemon juice is added arbitrarily before use.
- Seed nucleoli are eaten by asthmatics to relieve attacks.
The benefits of the cherry plum tree in folk medicine are undeniable, but there are a number of contraindications. Before taking any remedy, you need to consult a doctor.
Cherry plum diet
Diet lovers benefit from cherry plum due to its low calorie and low sugar content. Fruits are useful in all varieties, but it is better to give preference to sweet and sour fruits. To eat more than a glass of cherry plum per day is not recommended by nutritionists. Moreover, it is allowed not to give up meat, bread, cereals.
Important! During the cherry plum diet, you need to drink a lot of water, compote, green tea.
The diet consists of a rationally organized menu:
- Any kind of porridge is eaten for breakfast. They eat a handful of cherry plums.
- Only fruit is eaten between breakfast and lunch.
- Vegetable soup is prepared for lunch. The second dish is suitable from chicken stewed in cherry plum. You can diversify your diet with vegetable salad.
- Between lunch and dinner, a salad of cherry plum and available berries is eaten.
- For dinner they eat vegetables and some fish.
The benefits of the diet are felt to improve well-being, but you will not be able to lose more than five kilograms in a week.
The benefits of dried cherry plum
Obese people benefit from dried fruits. Dried fruits are included in the daily diet, used in diets. A decoction of dry fruits is useful in the treatment of colds or simply to replenish the body with vitamins. Dried fruits are useful for unloading after long holidays, accompanied by frequent overeating.
The use of cherry plum in cosmetology
Beauticians use seed kernels to make oil. The finished product is used in pure form for massage, body and hair care. Cherry plum oil is added by manufacturers to nourishing and moisturizing creams. It is vitamin E and minerals that help maintain beauty.
Who is contraindicated in cherry plum?
Sweet and sour fruit may harm some people instead of good. Due to the high acid content, the use of fruits in any form is contraindicated for people suffering from high acidity. Fruit can not be eaten by ulcers and in case of duodenal disease. Individual intolerance is rare, but this fact should be taken into account.
How to choose and store correctly
When buying fruits in the market, look at their appearance. Mature cherry plum is slightly soft, there is a natural white bloom on the skin. It is better not to buy crumpled and cracked fruits. If unripe fruits are caught, it's okay. They can be spread out on a paper towel to ripen. Ripe fruit is stored in the refrigerator for about a week. For long-term preservation, they resort to conservation, preparing jam, preserves, compote, juice.
The benefits of cherry plum are observed only when the fruit is consumed in moderation. Overeating can lead to stomach upset or more serious consequences.