Freezing the waves for the winter is a great idea to preserve healthy mushrooms throughout the winter. Since the wave is a specific culture and has specific taste characteristics, it is necessary to freeze correctly, following a number of recommendations.
Is it possible to freeze waves
Like many other mushrooms, the mushrooms can be frozen. But if boletus mushrooms, mushrooms, aspen mushrooms and similar species are sent to the freezer without preliminary heat treatment and soaking, then the boletus need special preparation, since they contain bitterness that is not destroyed under the influence of low temperatures.
How to freeze mushrooms for the winter
Only high quality mushrooms are suitable for freezing.
- First, they must be young. In the old crop, most of the nutrients are no longer present, and taste is also lost.
- Secondly, the products must be healthy. Do not freeze wormy fruiting bodies, sick and bitten. Such specimens contain toxic substances that are dangerous to human health.
- Thirdly, it is advisable to take small whole fruit bodies. Since after defrosting, small, fragile pieces will not look aesthetically pleasing.
How to process freezing waves
To prepare the waves for the winter, before freezing them, you need to carry out a number of manipulations:
- Cleanse each fruiting body from dirt and debris.
- Remove a thin "terry" film from the top surface of the cap.
- Trim the ends of the legs.
- Soak the raw materials in a saline solution for three days, changing the water to pure water twice a day (this will help remove the bitterness from the milkmen).
- Dry outdoors.
- Boil for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and dry the product a little.
After boiling, the milkmen can be immediately laid out in containers and put into freeze.
Is it possible to freeze fresh mushrooms
Since the waves belong to the milkmen, in which there is a white oily and extremely bitter liquid, it will not work to freeze them raw. Even thorough soaking of raw materials will not completely remove specific bitterness from it.
How to freeze boiled waves
Boiled frozen mushrooms are the most common option for harvesting these mushrooms in winter. For cooking you need:
- Prepare fruiting bodies as described above.
- Boil for at least 20 minutes.
- Put in a colander.
- Arrange in containers, while you can use plastic, glass and metal containers. In addition, milkmen are well stored in regular plastic bags.
- Put the workpiece in the refrigerator, letting it cool beforehand for 3 - 5 hours.
- Transfer containers to the freezer.
Attention! The best option is to freeze the milkmen at the lowest possible temperature. In the future, they can be stored at - 16 aboutFROM.
How to freeze waves after blanching
You can also freeze the waves at home by blanching. This requires:
- Soak the fruit bodies for 3 days, remembering to add salt to the water and change it twice a day.
- Dry products on a flat surface.
- Place in a colander or in a mantool.
- Leave to steam for 30 minutes.
- Arrange in containers.
- To freeze.
Blanching, unlike boiling, preserves the natural color of the mushrooms, although it takes longer to cook.
How to freeze stewed waves in the freezer for the winter
In addition to the usual freezing of waves for the winter, there are more original recipes. Braised mushrooms can also be stored in the freezer, along with the sauce in which they were cooked. To do this, you can prepare raw materials as follows:
- Put the pre-soaked and boiled milkmen in a frying pan with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Fry for 20 minutes.
- Add onions and carrots to taste (it is difficult to spoil the dish with vegetables), salt and pepper.
- Fry for another 15 minutes.
- Pour in some water and add bay leaf.
- Simmer for about half an hour.
- Arrange in containers hot, without pouring liquid to the very top.
- Wait for it to cool completely.
- Put in the freezer.
Attention! You can add other ingredients to the dish that are familiar to the hostess, for example, tomato paste, hot pepper pods, etc.
How to properly freeze salt waves
Freezing the waves for the winter is a simple process, especially if you send already salted mushrooms to the freezer. You can pickle and salt the harvested crop in any of the usual ways and send the jars to freeze. But there is one recipe that allows you to preserve all the benefits of the milkman, his appearance and taste. For cooking you need:
- It is important to steam the soaked raw material for 20 minutes.
- Then put in a cup or other salting container, caps down.
- Each layer should alternate with a layer of coarse salt, dill and peppercorns (no more than 50 g of salt per one kilogram of fruit bodies, and spices and herbs can be added arbitrarily).
- Then the container with salting must be covered with a lid of such a diameter that it reaches the mushrooms.
- Above it is necessary to install a load (a can of water).
- Keep at room temperature for 24 hours, then put in a cool room for 7 - 10 days for salting.
- Arrange the workpiece in containers.
- To freeze.
This option will allow you to avoid a large amount of liquid in cans, to preserve the taste of the finished product. Subsequently, frozen pickles can be eaten without additional processing, sprinkled with herbs or onions and sprinkled with vegetable oil.
How to freeze fried waves in the freezer
Eating fried waves in winter is the dream of many housewives. To bring it to life will help a simple recipe for freezing waves for the winter, which implies their preliminary frying:
- The soaked raw material must be cooked.
- Pour some oil into the pan.
- Heat it up and add mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and fry over medium heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Add the onion, cut into half rings.
- Fry for another 15 minutes, reducing heat to low.
- Arrange in containers with onion and oil.
- Cool down.
- Place on the refrigerator shelf for 2 - 4 hours.
- To freeze.
How can you freeze caviar from caviar for the winter
It is possible to freeze mushrooms such as waves not only in almost whole form. For these purposes, even cooked caviar from the milkmen is suitable.
This will require the following components:
- waves - 2 kg;
- tomatoes - 2 kg;
- salt - 2 tsp;
- vegetable oil (you can take unrefined) - 1 liter;
- onions - 2 kg.
- The soaked waves must be boiled for 15 minutes, pre-salting the water.
- Then drain and repeat the operation twice more.
- Cut the onion into large pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes into several pieces.
- Pass all ingredients through a meat grinder.
- Mix everything, add salt and oil.
- Boil caviar for half an hour over low heat.
- Arrange in jars (they must first be sterilized).
- Close with lids.
Finished caviar should cool completely. Then it can be frozen in the freezer.
Important! The caviar containers should not be completely filled, so that the jar does not crack during freezing. If caviar is put in plastic containers, they also need to be pre-treated with boiling water.
Do the waves dry
Many housewives probably tried to dry the waves for the winter, and before using them in cooking various dishes, boil them. This approach to harvesting mushrooms is not only incorrect, but also extremely dangerous. While the wave dries up, the milk contained in it with a bitter aftertaste is finally absorbed into the structure of the mushroom, and further attempts to wash it are in vain.
That is why it is not recommended to harvest this type of mushrooms without preliminary long soaking and heat treatment. Milk, which irritates the mucous membranes of the stomach and causes poisoning, can only be destroyed by boiling, stewing or frying. In addition, it comes out after soaking, but such mushrooms cannot be dried in the future, since they will be filled with water. Therefore, dried waves are not eaten.
Storage and defrosting rules
Correct freezing of mushrooms is only the first stage of harvesting mushrooms for the winter. The key point is competent conservation and the ability to defrost raw materials.
There are a number of storage rules that must be followed:
- You need to lay out waves for freezing in small batches. After taking out the container and defrosting it, you need to fully use the product, since re-freezing is unacceptable.
- There should be no other products in the box where the frozen waves are stored, since the fruit bodies quickly absorb foreign odors.
- Boiled waves can be stored frozen for 12 months. Stews, fried and salted products can be in the freezer for no more than 6 months.
It is equally important to learn how to properly defrost waves. There are also a number of recommendations on this account:
- Containers with preforms should not be placed in a microwave oven or hot water.
- The best option is to first put the container with mushrooms in the refrigerator so that they thaw a little, and only then continue defrosting at room temperature.
- It is allowed to place containers with waves in cold water.
You can freeze waves for the winter in different ways. The main thing is to remove bitterness from the mushrooms and properly store the finished workpiece so as not to harm your own health and preserve the beneficial properties of a fragrant and tasty product.