We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Corn Gourmand 121 - refers to the early maturing sugar varieties. It is a heat-loving plant that, with proper care and timely hardening of the sprouts, can be adapted to various climatic conditions.
This corn variety was included in the State Register in 2005. The selection of the Rannyaya Lakomka 121 variety was carried out by the employees of the Otbor agrofirm.
The corn variety Lakomka yields a harvest already 2 months after germination. Productivity from 1 hectare - up to 4.8 tons of ears. Conditioned ears make up more than 90% of the total harvest.
Corn Gourmand is a bushy medium-sized plant. The height of the shoots reaches 1.5 m. The cobs with grains have a slightly conical shape. The length of the ears varies from 15 to 18 cm, the average weight is from 170 to 230 g.
The grains are large, tasty, sugary, boil quickly. Just 10 minutes of boiling is enough for the grains to be used as food. The color of the ripe grains is yellowish-orange, the peel is delicate, thin. The speed of grains ripening and their excellent taste are the main advantages of Lakomka 121 corn variety. Grains of universal application can be used in food fresh or boiled. They do not lose their taste when frozen. Used on an industrial scale for canning.
Before planting seeds, they must be prepared. The seeds are heated for 3-5 days at a temperature of +30 ° C, then soaked in warm water.
The beds, defined for corn of the Lakomka variety, are dug up and nitrogen fertilizers are applied. A plot of 10 m² will require 200 g of nutrient. Before planting seeds or seedlings, the soil is loosened to a depth of 10–12 cm.
To sow seeds in the ground, you must wait until the ground warms up to +12 ° C. The approximate sowing time is the second decade of May. Planting dates depend on the region, for example, in the south, corn is sown at the end of April. Furrows are made on the bed, the distance between which should be at least 0.6 m. Seeds are spread to a depth of 5–7 cm in 2 pieces, maintaining a distance of 30–40 cm. The first shoots appear no earlier than 10 days later.
For regions with a possible threat of frost in May, it is recommended to pre-make seedlings. The seeds are planted in peat cups at the end of April. The seedlings are transferred to the ground in the last days of May or at the beginning of June. This allows you to protect the sprouts from the night temperature drop. Seedlings ready for planting in the ground should have 3 true leaves. The seedlings are up to 30 days old by this time. Corn does not tolerate damage to the root system, so planting in peat glasses is recommended. For planting corn, dig holes, the size of which is slightly larger than the container with seedlings. After planting the plants, they are watered and the ground is mulched.
- light sandy, sandy loam and black soil - the best option for growing corn;
- the land must be air and water permeable;
- seeds germinate only in warm soil, so the soil temperature should be at least 10–12 ° C.
The optimal predecessors of maize on the site are tomatoes, melons and root crops. On a large scale, maize is sown after winter, leguminous and spring crops.
In order to harvest the crop throughout the summer period, a conveyor planting method is used. For this, corn is planted at intervals of two weeks.
Important! Sugar maize must be planted separately from others as there is a risk of cross-pollination, which will impair the flavor of the kernels.
The corn variety Early Lakomka needs watering, loosening the soil, fertilizing and preventing diseases and pests.
It is recommended to use compost, humus, mullein or chicken droppings as fertilizers. Top dressing is applied after six leaves have appeared on the seedling.
In the aisles, solutions of ammonium nitrate, superphosphate or potassium-containing fertilizers can be applied.
Weeding and loosening mode
Weeding and loosening are carried out at least three times per season. Loosening should be done carefully so as not to disturb the lateral roots.
The number of waterings is individual and depends on the weather conditions. Strong waterlogging does not benefit the plant, but the earthen coma should not be allowed to dry out either. Mulching allows you to retain moisture after watering.
When lateral stepchild shoots are formed, they should be removed. This will accelerate the formation and maturation of the ears.
Pest and disease control
Corn of different varieties, including Gourmet, can suffer from the following diseases:
- fusarium on the cobs. The disease spreads in humid regions and causes fungus to attack the ripe ears. The grains are covered with bloom, and the process of decay begins. Infected plants are removed from the site and burned;
- stem rot. The problem can be detected by the dark spots appearing on the lower part of the shoot. The disease leads to the defeat of the entire plant, so diseased specimens are removed and burned. The next year, before planting corn, the area is treated with fungicides or another place for the garden is chosen;
- Corn rust is characterized by the appearance of bright rusty spots on the underside of the leaf blade. This disease is caused by a fungus that forms spores on the foliage. As a preventive measure, it is recommended to treat seedlings with fungicides.
Of the insect pests dangerous for corn of the Lakomka variety, one can distinguish:
- the larvae of click beetles are wireworms. They damage seeds and stems underground, resulting in plant death. To combat them, pre-sowing spraying with insecticides or the introduction of granules into rows at the same time as planting seeds is used. You can use preparations Gaucho, Cosmos for seed dressing;
- the corn moth caterpillars penetrate the stalks and damage the cobs. Lead to the spread of fusarium. Caterpillars can overwinter in corn shoots even at -25 ° C. To combat them, insecticides are used, sprayed during a massive summer of butterflies;
- the fly lays eggs when two true leaves appear on corn seedlings. The larvae damage the shoots, inhibiting their growth and leading to the death of the plant. To combat them, insecticides or seed dressing are used.
Faina Vasilievna, 56 years old, Maykop
I grow corn of the Lakomka variety for the second season. Seed germination is good, the variety ripens early. To extend the harvest, I plant the seeds in two stages: early and mid-May. In July, the whole family is enjoying delicious corn cobs of Lakomka. We eat not only in the summer, I definitely make preparations for the winter.
Andrey Nikolaevich, 63 years old, Volgograd
I decided to buy corn seeds. The Gourmand variety was recommended by the neighbors. They've been growing it for several years now. I planted Gourmet on a small plot in May. I collected the first ears in July. I liked the taste of corn, I will definitely increase the area for planting next year.
Corn Lakomka is a high-yielding sugar variety suitable for growing in small areas and on an industrial scale. Compliance with the requirements of agricultural technology allows you to achieve high yields.