We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Four centuries ago, this flower, recently brought to Europe by the Spanish conquistadors from the New World, caught the eye of the Italian Giacomo Bosio and acquired its unusual name Passiflora or the flower of suffering. An impressive theologian noticed in him an outward resemblance to the crown of thorns of the crucified Christ; in the exotic flower he also saw the nails and wounds of the Savior. In Russian, this very original "name" of the plant sounds like a passion flower.
Description and area of passionflower
Passiflora (passionflower) has been known for several centuries by professional flower growers. The large Passionflower family to which it belongs, totals about five hundred representatives unusual to an eye of the European.
Passionflower is a perennial liana, the grassy stems of which can rise to a height of fifteen meters. Large leaves are multi-leaved, numbering from 3 to 9 finger-shaped processes, with pubescent veins and powerful petioles.
Large flowers make a "creative" impression. Their five bright star-shaped petals are red, purple, yellowish-green, or even partially white. The core is provided with numerous, arranged in rows, intricately colored hairs in the form of a crown. There are also small glands that secrete a sticky fluid that ants like. This is a bait for plant protectors from caterpillars.
Apparently, it was the extravagant appearance of the flowers that inspired the other names of the plant - passiflora red-white, incarnata, passion-meat-red, cavalier star. By the way, the last name suits Exotus the most. Edible passion fruit fruits, unusually tasty and fragrant. They are yellow or yellow-red. They are all fleshy and juicy, and in appearance resemble a large apricot. Hence another name for the plant - apricot vine.
The cavalier star comes from tropical South American forests. It also grows in the Mediterranean, Australia and Madagascar. It is also grown in the subtropics of the Crimea and the Caucasus.
Composition and useful properties of passionflower
Apricot liana contains flavonoids (vitexin), phenols, glycosides, amino acids, about a dozen organic acids, including malic, formic, and oleic. In the grassy part of the plant there is a small amount of alkaloids, coumarins, alkaloids, trace elements are also found in the seeds, the fruits contain a lot of ascorbic acid, pectins, trace elements, fatty oils.
Plants have the following medicinal properties:
- Antifungal and antibacterial,
- Analgesic effect.
- Antiksiliticheskimi, i.e. able to deal with depressive and anxious conditions, reduce excitability, a sense of fear, improve sleep, relieve seizures.
- The active substances that make up the exotics contribute to lowering blood pressure, have an antispasmodic effect for muscle cramps and asthma attacks, and help with gastrointestinal tract disorders and inflammatory processes.
- They are also useful in overcoming drug addiction and in the fight against alcoholism.
- Such drugs are effective for pain during menstruation, they reduce headaches and toothaches. They act gently, while there is no drowsiness and other undesirable consequences.
- These natural remedies are effective in the negative effects of hormonal changes during menopause.
Do not forget that the fruits of several dozen species of passionflower are very appreciated for their taste, aroma and "vitamin" composition. It is known to many passion fruit, chuluyp and other exotic fruits. They are eaten fresh, used to prepare drinks, jams, jellies, marinades, sauces. The pulp of overseas delicacies in combination with peach is a part of yoghurts.
How to plant passionflower seeds
Procurement and storage of medicinal raw materials
For medicinal purposes, passionflower grass is used, Passiflora incarnate extract is made from it. The procurement of raw materials goes through 3 stages:
- For the first and second time, the central parts of the plants are cut to allow the lateral shoots of the vine to develop.
- The last stage coincides with the ripening of the fruit. At this time, you can cut the vine to the root. In spring, the plant will fully recover, letting out young shoots.
You need to dry the grass in a dryer at sixty degrees. You can store finished raw materials for no more than 2 years.
Passiflora in official medicine and homeopathy
Passiflora is recognized as a remedy not only folk, but also traditional medicine.
Recipe for tincture of passiflora incarnate
In medical practice, a homeopathic preparation is used - tincture of passionflower. It is used:
- As a sleeping pill 5-20 drops before bedtime. Sometimes, after consulting a specialist, the dose is tripled.
- To relieve cramps and rheumatic pains in the same doses as in the first case. The number of doses of the drug is regulated by necessity.
You can prepare such a tincture yourself. To do this, 2 tablespoons of the raw material can withstand a couple of weeks in half a glass of alcohol in an opaque container. Store the drug in the same container. The medicine is used 20-40 drops three times a day, washed down with water.
The benefits and uses of passiflora extract
Passiflora pharmacy extract has a dark brown color, a pleasant smell and a bitter taste. It is packaged in 25 milliliter dark glass bottles. Apply it in such cases:
- In case of sleep disturbance and excited state - up to 40 drops three times a day for up to a month.
- With menopause and hypertension - similarly, but treatment continues until six months.
- To reduce the craving for alcohol, treatment lasts up to a year, and sometimes more.
- From thrombosis, after a hypertensive crisis, in the treatment of epileptic seizures and cerebrovascular accident - up to 30 drops three times a day with a monthly course.
- To eliminate asthenia and the effects of influenza in children from 6 years old, in this case, the dose is reduced by three times, and treatment can last up to 2 months. This tool also helps with childhood neurasthenia and irritability, serves to normalize sleep.
Pharmacy medicines and tablets with passionflower
Passiflora extract is also available in tablet form. They are not contraindicated for children from 6 years old, the minimum daily dose is 1 tablet (for children), the maximum is 4 tablets.
In addition, there are such drugs:
- Novo-Passit, which in addition to passiflora includes extracts of hawthorn, hops, lemon balm, St. John's wort, valerian, etc. The purpose of the drug is to normalize the state of nervous exhaustion and depression, improve sleep, etc.
- Unisin - tablets, which in addition to passiflora include extracts of hops and lemon balm, calcium and magnesium. They are taken to normalize sleep, muscle relaxation, in the fight against stress, overwork of 2 pieces every evening.
How to grow passionflower
The use of passionflower in folk medicine
Meat-red passionflower preparations are widely used in folk medicine for various diseases and problems.
- Recipe number 1: a complex gathering is being prepared, which includes equal parts of passionflower, thyme, blessed knuckus, one and a half times the centaury, 2 times less of the plauna and securengi, a little wormwood. A spoonful of the mixture is boiled for a couple of minutes in half a liter of boiling water, aged for an hour. The resulting substrate in strained form is used three times a day on a spoon.
- Recipe number 2: infusion of two freshly picked and chopped leaves, aged a quarter of an hour in a glass of boiling water. The resulting product is used on a spoon up to 5 times a day.
Passiflora for insomnia
- Recipe number 1: add a teaspoon of a mixture of tinctures of valerian, passionflower to tea.
- Recipe number 2: broth: a spoonful of leaves is boiled in a glass of boiling water for a couple of a third of an hour. The strained substrate is boiled until its volume is halved. A dozen drops of the drug are diluted with a spoon of water and consumed before bedtime.
- Recipe number 3: on a spoonful of leaves of passionflower and peppermint can withstand a third of an hour in a glass of boiling water. Use a spoon three times a day.
- Recipe number 4: a spoonful of raw materials can withstand a dozen minutes in three quarters of a glass of boiling water. All prepared drink should be drunk before bedtime.
Other healing recipes
- Depressant. Spoon the leaves withstand a dozen minutes in a glass of boiling water. It is also good to brew a bag of tea in a glass of boiling water. It also helps with asthenia and asthma.
- In inflammatory processes: externally steamed for several minutes, add a bag of ready tea for a quarter of an hour to the sore spot three times a day. Internally - with problems with the digestive tract helps herbal tea, prepared twice a day. After a couple of days, gastric and intestinal pain irrevocably disappears.
- With hypertension: mix equal volumes of mint, passionflower and lemon balm, keep a spoonful of the mixture in a glass of boiling water for a third of an hour. The whole drink should be consumed in several stages. You can not combine it with other drugs that lower blood pressure and with a slight increase in blood pressure, otherwise you can "overdo it." This remedy is also effective for menopause, neurosis and nervous breakdown.
- With vitiligo:complexly drink 40 drops of extract of a cavalier star three times a day for up to a month and rub the same amount into problem areas.
- To strengthen hair during hair loss: proceed in the same way as before.
- To improve vision: Boil 3 tablespoons of raw materials in 2 cups of water for half an hour. drink everything in a day, continue treatment for up to a month.
Contraindications and harm to passiflora
Although apricot creeper medicines are recognized as traditional medicine and sold in pharmacies, there are limitations and contraindications to their use:
- Peptic ulcer and gastritis.
- In case of malfunctioning of the heart (angina pectoris, arrhythmia).
- Drugs are contraindicated for small children.
- Low blood pressure.
- During pregnancy, the dosage of medications prescribed by a specialist should be strictly observed.
- These funds are harmful to people suffering from atherosclerosis, are not used for heart attack and in the presence of uric acid salts (urates) in the blood.
Useful properties of passionflower
Passion flower or Passiflora incarnata is not only a beautiful decorative vine with unusual fragrant flowers. It is also an effective medicine for many diseases and pathological conditions. And the delicious overseas passion fruit is also an apricot vine.