It's easy to get persimmon moonshine at home if you know all the stages of making a strong drink. This is facilitated by the increased sugar content of the fruit and good characteristics for distillation. Difficulties can arise only when purchasing raw materials due to the increased cost of fruit. Moonshine made on the basis of persimmon has a mild pleasant aftertaste. This feature fully justifies the cost of purchasing raw materials. Therefore, many craftsmen are trying to find an opportunity to purchase southern fruits in season for the original fortified drink.
The sugar content of persimmons is 20-25%, which is ideal for moonshine
Selection and preparation of ingredients
To prepare a fortified drink, you need to choose ripe and overripe fruits. Moreover, persimmon can be of any type and size. Even fruits with small defects will do.
Before proceeding with the procedure, the fruits must be washed and folded into a colander to remove excess moisture. But if yeast is not used to make the mash, then this stage of preparation should be skipped.
Then you should clean them from the stalks and remove the rotten and damaged areas. Before placing the raw materials in the container, it is necessary to remove the seeds so that the tannins contained in them do not spoil the taste of the final product. At the end of the preparatory stage, the fruits should be kneaded until they are mushy.
Important! Braga tends to foam strongly, so the raw material must be placed in a large container so that it does not leak out during the fermentation process.
Persimmon moonshine recipe without yeast and sugar
To prepare moonshine according to this recipe, you must use unwashed fruits. But in this case, you must be sure that they have not been treated with various insecticidal and fungicidal preparations.
Persimmon mash recipe for moonshine
When using this recipe, wild yeast, which is contained in the persimmon peel, will activate the fermentation process. In this case, it will take at least three to six weeks to infuse the mash, depending on the mode of detention. The advantage of this method is that the final product retains the distinct taste and smell of natural raw materials.
- 14 kg of persimmons;
- 7 liters of water;
- 35 g citric acid.
Mash preparation procedure:
- Grind the fruits to a mushy state.
- Transfer the mixture to a large container, add water and add citric acid.
- Mix thoroughly until smooth.
The volume of the resulting mixture should be no more than 75% of the fermentation tank. After the preparatory stage, the container with the workpiece must be placed in a warm room with a temperature of + 28-30 degrees and put a water seal on the neck.
Important! You can maintain an optimal mode during the fermentation of the mash using an aquarium heater.
The readiness of the mash for distillation can be determined by the absence of gas emissions and bitter taste. In this case, a pronounced sediment will appear at the bottom of the container, and the liquid in the upper part of the container should lighten significantly.
The lower the temperature of the mash content, the longer the fermentation process.
Distillation of moonshine
To make high-quality persimmon-based moonshine, you need to properly distill it. Any mistakes made during this stage can lead to failure.
Moonshine distillation process:
- Distill the mash at the first stage, without dividing it into fractions, selecting the raw material until its strength drops to 30 degrees.
- Determine the mass fraction of alcohol in the raw material by multiplying its volume by the strength and dividing by 100%.
- Dilute the workpiece with water to a strength of 20 degrees.
- Re-distill the raw material, but already dividing it into fractions.
- Take the first volume within 10-15% at 1-2 drops per second at a temperature of 65-78 degrees.
- Then take 80% of the fence in a trickle slightly thicker than a match until the fortress drops to 45-50 units.
- The remaining 5-7% are fusel oils, which are best not separated, as they can negatively affect the quality of the moonshine.
- At the end of the distillation, you need to add water to the drink so that its strength is 45-50 degrees.
Important! To make the moonshine much softer, you need to insist it in the refrigerator or cellar for two to four days.
The output of persimmon moonshine is 270 ml with 1 kg of natural raw materials
Recipe for persimmon moonshine with sugar and yeast
Using this recipe, the fruits must first be washed. The process of making a fortified drink is significantly accelerated by adding sugar and yeast to the mash and takes about 12 days. But in this case, the aroma and taste of moonshine, according to subtle connoisseurs of distillates, are inferior to the drink prepared according to the previous recipe.
Persimmon mash recipe for moonshine
For mash, you must prepare a large container in advance. You should also give the opportunity to pre-settle the water or pass it through a filter.
- 5 kg of persimmons;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 9 liters of water;
- 100 g of pressed or 20 g of dry yeast;
- 45 g citric acid.
- Dissolve the yeast in 3 liters of water, stir with a spatula and leave the mixture in a warm place for a few minutes until foam appears.
- Put the crushed persimmon into a prepared container.
- Add the remaining water, sugar and citric acid to it.
- Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the yeast solution into it in a thin stream, stirring constantly.
- Install a water seal on the neck of the container.
At the end, transfer the wash to a dark room with a temperature of + 28-30 degrees. Keep in this mode until the fermentation process ends.
Important! An alternative to a water seal can be a rubber glove with a small hole in one of the fingers.
An increase in the temperature of the mash content to +35 degrees leads to the "death" of the yeast
Distillation of moonshine
It is necessary to start distillation when the wash noticeably brightens, the bubbling stops, a cloudy precipitate falls out, an alcohol smell appears, bubbles and foam disappear.
Moonshine distillation stages:
- Heat the mash to 50 degrees, and then put it in the cold for several hours to remove gas and lighten the shade.
- Carry out the first distillation at high power without division into fractions.
- The selection is carried out until the strength of the raw material drops to 30 units.
- Dilute it with water to 20 degrees.
- Carry out a second distillation, but with a division into fractions.
- The first 12% of the product must be taken at 1-2 drops per second at a temperature of 65-78 degrees.
- In the future, take about 80% of the "body" of the drink in a trickle, slightly thicker than a match.
- It is better not to select the remaining tail fraction, since it is fusel oils, which will negatively affect the quality of the moonshine.
At the end of the procedure, the resulting drink must be diluted with water to a strength of 40-45 degrees. To saturate the taste and impart softness, the moonshine must first be kept at a temperature of + 5-7 degrees for three to four days.
The shelf life of moonshine is unlimited
Persimmon tincture on moonshine
On the basis of persimmon, you can cook at home and tincture on moonshine. This fortified drink has an original taste and medicinal properties. For its preparation, ripe, but not overripe fruits should be selected in order to exclude a cloudy shade.
Important! Persimmon tincture on moonshine increases immunity, normalizes pressure and the functioning of the intestinal tract (with moderate use).
- 3 pieces of persimmon;
- 100 g sugar;
- 500 ml of moonshine;
- 1 medium orange.
- Wash the orange thoroughly, pour over it with boiling water.
- Remove the zest, and then peel off the white partitions so that only the pulp of the citrus remains.
- Divide it into two or three parts, set aside.
- Prepare the persimmon, remove the peel and seeds, cut the pulp into small pieces.
- Pour it into a container, add orange and zest, sugar and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Close the container tightly, put it in a dark place with a temperature of +25 degrees and stand for 12 hours, stirring the mixture from time to time.
- At the end of the waiting period, the persimmon will let out the juice and the sugar will dissolve.
- Pour the resulting mixture with moonshine, mix, close the container tightly.
- Infuse the drink for two weeks in a dark place, and shake the bottle every three days.
- After the time has elapsed, pass the mixture 2-3 times through a cotton-gauze filter.
- Throw out the remaining pulp without squeezing.
- Pour the drink into glass bottles for storage, seal tightly.
Important! Subject to the technological process, the shelf life of persimmon tincture on moonshine is two years, and the strength of the drink will be 27 degrees.
Before serving, the fortified drink should be infused in the cool for two to three days.
Homemade persimmon moonshine is a fortified soft drink with a pleasant aroma of southern fruits. It is quite within the power of everyone to cook it, if you strictly follow the recommendations for the preparation of ingredients, the infusion of mash and the implementation of the technological process of distillation. In this case, you will get a high-quality drink that is in no way inferior to store-bought vodka, and according to some characteristics it will be even better.