How nice it is to taste delicious blackcurrant jam through a meat grinder, prepared in summer, and even with your own hands, in the cold. These simple recipes should be in every housewife's piggy bank, since desserts have a thick, jelly-like consistency without the use of pectin. In winter, these preparations will be relevant in the season of colds, and will also serve as an excellent addition to tea.
Features of cooking currant jam through a meat grinder
To make the jam through a meat grinder perfect, you must adhere to certain rules:
- Before preparing the jam, the berries must be washed under running cold water and carefully sorted out, removing crumpled, overripe, cracked specimens, and freeing them from leaves and twigs.
- It is necessary to choose the right dishes for cooking jam, since the result of all the work directly depends on this. Black currant fruits must be cooked in enamel dishes, since they oxidize in contact with metal. You can also use a stainless steel container and stir the jam with just a wooden spatula. Cork the preservation, using exclusively lacquered tin lids, since from the contact of currant fruits with metal they acquire a dark purple color.
- It is important to observe the proportions in accordance with the recipe and not to overcook the black currant jam, as it will lose its extraordinary aroma, taste and change color.
- Making a delicacy characterized by a balanced taste, unique aroma and attractive appearance is half the battle. The jam must be properly packaged in banks, because its storage period will depend on this. To do this, you need to use clean, sterilized jars, always dry, in order to avoid mold and fermentation.
How to cook currant jam through a meat grinder
Currant jam, twisted through a meat grinder, cook very quickly, and most importantly - simply. The first step is to prepare the berries. To do this, send the currants to the basin and pour water, which, after mixing, carefully drain and begin to sort out, removing the leaves and breaking off the tails. The next step is to take a clean, enameled container and a meat grinder, through which to pass the berries. Add sugar to the resulting mass, observing its proportions strictly according to the recipe. When cooking jam, foam appears on its surface, which must be removed, since it will not only spoil the appearance of the dessert, but can also cause premature souring.
Advice! At the end of cooking, fill up using only sterilized containers with a volume of 0.5 or 1 liter, and seal.
Blackcurrant jam recipes through a meat grinder
There are several successful recipes for currant jam using a meat grinder, each of which is characterized by its own taste and nutritional value. Therefore, before starting cooking, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the proposed recipes and choose a more suitable method for yourself.
A simple recipe for black currant jam in a meat grinder
This simple recipe will allow you to get a winter preparation, which will have a homogeneous jelly structure with a bright, balanced taste and a delicate berry aroma.
Components and their proportions:
- 2 kg of black currant fruits;
- 2 kg of sugar.
The sequence of actions for the recipe:
- Scroll the sorted and washed fruits through a meat grinder.
- Combine the prepared mass with sugar, send to a clean container and boil for 10 minutes.
- Arrange in sterile jars, cork and turn upside down, leave to cool completely.
Natural homemade currant jam according to an uncomplicated recipe is more pleasant and healthier than a product bought in a store.
A detailed recipe for cooking jam:
Currant jelly through a meat grinder for the winter
You can make delicious jelly from juicy berries, which will have a dense structure and beautiful color. This delicious vitamin dessert will be enjoyed not only by children, but also by adults.
Components and their proportions:
- 2.5 kg of black currant fruits;
- 1.5 kg of sugar.
The recipe for currant jam through a meat grinder involves the following actions:
- Sort out black currants, freeing from branches and foliage, rinse and dry. Skip with a meat grinder and rub using a sieve to remove small bones.
- Send the resulting composition to a saucepan, and hold it on the stove over low heat. In the process of cooking jam, add 200 g of sugar every 3-5 minutes.
- If a thick foam begins to collect on the surface, this indicates that the black currant jelly must be distributed in containers and closed.
Currant jelly will surprise even the most demanding gourmets.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store the currant jam, rolled through a meat grinder in a dark, dry room, the temperature of which ranges from + 10-15 ° C.
Important! At low temperatures, the workpiece can become sugared, at high temperatures, the absorption of moisture from the air will increase, which will lead to quick spoilage of the product.
The shelf life is no more than 1 year, only during this period the jam remains useful and does not lose vitamins and substances valuable for human health.
To prepare blackcurrant jam through a meat grinder, certain skills, knowledge and adherence to strict technology are required. Only if all the necessary conditions are fulfilled, the currant delicacy for the winter will smite every gourmet with its taste, naturalness and will certainly become the favorite dessert of the whole family.