Zucchini caviar is one of the most popular types of homemade preparations. It has a satiety, low calorie content and good taste. To prepare caviar, you can use simple recipes and available ingredients.
The shelf life of squash caviar is up to 2 years. This appetizer can be used as an addition to a side dish or as part of a sandwich.
The benefits of squash caviar
During the cooking process, some of the beneficial properties of vegetables are lost under the influence of high temperatures. Fresh zucchini contains vitamins, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium.
The finished dish contains carbohydrates, fats, and fiber that make it satisfying. Caviar has a low calorie content. The calorie content per 100 g of the product is about 80. Therefore, it can be included in the diet.
Important! Zucchini caviar helps to cleanse the intestines. However, due to the potassium content, the dish is not consumed in the presence of stones in the bladder or kidneys.
If you have stomach problems (ulcers or gastritis), it is not recommended to add tomato paste to the dish.
To get delicious caviar at home, which can be used throughout the year, you should adhere to the following recommendations:
- Caviar should be cooked in containers made of steel or cast iron. Thick-walled dishes prevent vegetables from burning. As a result, all components will evenly warm up, which will have a positive effect on the taste of the finished product.
- Young zucchini are best suited for homemade preparations. They have not yet developed a hard skin and coarse seeds. During the cooking process, they do not soften, but remain tough. If mature vegetables are used, then the peel is previously cut off from them, and the seeds are eliminated.
- The carrots give the dish an orange color. Carrots also affect the flavor of the dish, making it sweeter.
- Tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic and other ingredients are added to the caviar, depending on the recipe.
- Spices will help to achieve a piquant taste. You can get the necessary taste with the help of salt and sugar.
- To obtain a uniform consistency, the caviar is rotated through a meat grinder or chopped using a blender.
- When canning, vinegar or fresh lemon juice is added to the dish.
- For blanks for the winter, glass containers are used, which must be thoroughly washed and steamed to eliminate bacteria.
- Jars with blanks are closed with lids carefully boiled in water.
- The workpieces are turned over, placed in a blanket and left to cool completely.
The caviar cooking process involves cutting vegetables, which are then cooked. Various recipes involve adding garlic, onions, carrots, tomatoes, spices and herbs to the dish. Using a slow cooker or oven will help speed up the cooking process of caviar from zucchini.
Simple and tasty caviar
A simple recipe for zucchini caviar for the winter includes the following sequence of actions:
- Chop 0.8 kg of carrots and onions, then place them in a hot pan, adding oil and salt.
- 1.5 kg of courgettes and 1.5 kg of tomatoes are coarsely chopped, and then passed through a meat grinder. Do the same with vegetable frying.
- Sugar, salt, a few peas of black pepper are added to the resulting mixture, then put to simmer over low heat.
- The caviar is stirred for 2 hours, after which the prepared jars can be filled with it.
The simplest preparations from zucchini, carrots and garlic can be quickly prepared according to the following recipe:
- Zucchini in the amount of 3 kg is peeled and then cut into small pieces.
- White onions (1 kg) are cut into four parts, then finely chopped. Grate the same amount of carrots.
- Oil is poured into a deep container, then prepared zucchini is dipped into it. When the vegetables have softened, they are placed in a colander for half an hour.
- During this time, onions are fried in a container, which is transferred to the zucchini. Carrots are fried in the same way.
- The resulting mass is scrolled through a meat grinder, then transferred to a container again. Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer for half an hour. The caviar should be stirred periodically.
- At the last stage, 8 cloves of garlic are added, which must first be finely chopped or squeezed. Add tomato paste, salt and sugar to taste.
This simple recipe for squash caviar allows you to get a dish ready to eat or roll up in jars in 50 minutes:
- For a half-liter jar, one large zucchini is required, which is peeled from seeds and peels, and then rubbed on a fine grater.
- The resulting mass is boiled for half an hour over low heat, stirring occasionally. The resulting water must be drained.
- One large carrot is grated and then fried in a pan for 5 minutes.
- Crushed garlic is added to the carrots, 1 tbsp. l. ketchup, salt and pepper. The mixture needs to be fried for another two minutes.
- Add carrots to a saucepan with zucchini, mix the vegetable mixture and cook for 15 minutes.
The method of preparation according to the "Krasnodar" recipe allows you to get tasty caviar that can be stored for a long time. You can prepare it subject to a certain technology:
- Young zucchini in the amount of 2 kg is grated on a medium grater. If the vegetable mass releases juice, then it must be drained.
- 1 kg of carrots is grated and placed in a separate bowl. Then the onion is finely chopped in an amount of 0.5 kg.
- Oil is poured into a frying pan, then onions are placed in it, which is fried for 10 minutes. Then the carrots are placed in the container, and the mixture is fried for another 10 minutes.
- 1 kg of bell pepper is peeled from seeds and then cut into strips. 1 kg of tomatoes must be cut into pieces.
- Thoroughly wash the greens (parsley), chop it, peel the garlic.
- Tomatoes with herbs and garlic must be passed through a meat grinder, then add sugar, salt, vinegar.
- Pour the tomato mixture into a pan with onions and carrots, stir and bring to a boil.
- Zucchini and pepper are placed in a container, mixed and boiled for an hour until cooked.
To get blanks with an unusual spicy taste, you need to follow the following recipe for delicious squash caviar:
- 0.2 kg of carrots should be grated on a fine grater. 0.2 kg of white onions are chopped into small pieces. The resulting mixture is laid out in a saucepan, vegetable oil is added and simmered over low heat.
- Rub 0.3 kg of zucchini on a coarse grater and place in a saucepan.
- After 20 minutes, add spices to the container (2 tsp paprika, 1/3 cup each dry ginger and cardamom, two bay leaves). You also need to salt the dish, add sugar, water.
- Stew the caviar for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then the vegetables need to be cooled, remove the bay leaf and chop them in a blender.
- The resulting mass is again put on fire and the water is poured, which is formed during extinguishing.
- The finished dish is rolled up in jars or served with the main course.
Caviar with parsley
Dishes with the addition of parsley acquire a special taste. You can prepare it according to a simple recipe for squash caviar:
- Zucchini in the amount of 1 kg is cut into cubes.
- 0.1 kg of onion is finely chopped, then fried in a pan until transparent.
- 0.1 kg of carrots are grated. 10 g of parsley root should be finely chopped, then add tomato paste.
- Mix vegetables, add sugar, salt, ground pepper. The dish is cooked over low heat until the vegetables are tender.
- Zucchini caviar for the winter is rolled up in sterilized jars.
When adding spices, you can get workpieces with a spicy taste:
- One hot pepper is stripped of seeds and finely cut into thin strips. Two small carrots need to be grated on a coarse grater. 0.5 kg of courgettes are cut into thin rings. Finely chop the onion and three garlic cloves.
- All vegetables are mixed in one container, then put in a pan, pour oil and a little water.
- The caviar is stewed until all ingredients are tender.
- The resulting mass must be grinded in a blender to make a mushy mixture.
- On low heat, the vegetable mixture is stewed until it reaches the required density.
Caviar in a slow cooker
Cooking squash caviar in a slow cooker can significantly save time and effort on homemade preparations:
- Zucchini in the amount of 1 kg and three peppers are peeled and cut into cubes.
- Two carrots and two onions are cut separately.
- Vegetable oil is poured into a multicooker, then prepared vegetables are laid out, salt, ground pepper, dill are added.
- On a multicooker, turn on the "Extinguishing" mode for one hour.
- During this time, cut tomatoes (2 pcs.) And chop 6 cloves of garlic.
- After the end of the stewing mode, the remaining components are added to the container and the caviar is mixed.
- The multicooker is set to the "Cooking" mode, which lasts one hour.
- Then you need to wait until the vegetables have cooled, then the caviar is chopped in a blender.
- The appetizer can be served at the table.
Tasty squash caviar according to the Georgian recipe is made from unusual ingredients. To prepare it, you will need to use a multicooker:
- One carrot is grated to form coarse shavings. The three onion heads are cut into small rings.
- These components are placed in a slow cooker and set the "Baking" mode for one hour.
- The courgettes are cut into pieces and added after 15 minutes to a slow cooker.
- After 30 minutes, chopped cilantro and dill, garlic, half a teaspoon of the spicy mixture of hops-suneli and ground paprika are added to the caviar. The vegetable mass is thoroughly mixed and left until the end of the multicooker.
- The last step is to add 1 tbsp of grape vinegar and crushed nuts. l.
Caviar with apples
Unusual in taste and simple preparations of squash caviar for the winter are obtained by adding apples to the caviar:
- Zucchini in the amount of 1 kg is cut into cubes, if necessary, remove the peel and seeds.
- The chopped vegetables are placed in a frying pan and fried, after which they are scrolled in a meat grinder. Do the same with onions. For caviar, 2 onions are enough.
- Three carrots and three large apples are peeled. The apples are cut into 4 pieces, then the seed boxes must be removed. Carrots and apples are also scrolled through a meat grinder.
- Tomatoes (5 pcs.) Are dipped in boiling water for a few minutes, then the skin is removed. The pulp must be scrolled through a meat grinder.
- The resulting mixture is placed in a saucepan with thick walls, a little sunflower oil is poured in and put on fire.
- Tomatoes are added 5 minutes after the vegetable mass boils.
- The finished dish is served to the table or rolled up in jars.
Another easy way to make caviar is to bake vegetables in the oven:
- Vegetables are prepared for caviar: you need to peel 3 zucchini, 4 carrots, 3 bell peppers, 3 onions, 1 head of garlic. In addition, 7 tomatoes are required for blanks.
- Grate carrots and zucchini on a fine grater. The remaining components are finely chopped.
- All vegetables are placed in a cast iron container, salt and oil are added, and then mixed.
- The container is closed with a lid and placed in the oven for an hour. The oven temperature should be 200 degrees.
- After half an hour, you need to lower the temperature.
- Ready caviar can be rolled into jars or served.
You can cook delicious squash caviar at home. This will require fresh vegetables: zucchini, carrots, tomatoes. Spices are added for a spicier or spicier meal. Simple recipes help reduce procurement costs while using a minimal set of products.
Particular attention is paid to the choice of cooking utensils. Preference should be given to metal products with thick walls. A slow cooker or oven will help to simplify the process of cooking caviar.