There are many different recipes for mashed pears for the winter: from baked or boiled fruits, with apples, oranges, lemons, spices, vanilla. Pear puree is an excellent product for winter supplies for adults, children, including babies.
Rules for making pear puree for the winter for children
In the procurement process, it is important to adhere to certain rules in order to get a positive result.
It is necessary to select ripe, but not overripe, fruits of autumn varieties. Since this dessert is intended for children, it is necessary to give preference to sweet varieties of pears, based on the fact that sugar is not added according to the recipe.
It is advisable to make a fruit dish in small jars, since after opening the product can only be stored in the refrigerator and no more than 24 hours.
Pear puree weakens or strengthens
The pear belongs to one of the "controversial" fruits. And there is no definite answer to this question, whether it strengthens or weakens. It all depends on the form in which the fruit is consumed.
Pear is rich in fiber, which makes it very healthy. If the fruit is eaten fresh, it is more likely to act as a laxative. This is because high amounts of fiber irritate the intestines. A large amount of juice from pears produces a similar effect.
Warning! Eating pears that are not ripe can lead to bloating.
Baked fruit pear puree for babies
One of the first foods a baby tries is a pear. For children whose nutrition is based on artificial mixtures, such complementary foods are introduced from 4 months, and breastfed babies - from six months. Usually, the baby receives such a product less often in the form of mashed potatoes, but more often in the form of juice.
Fruit mixtures begin to give 2 weeks after the introduction of the juice. You need to start giving with half a teaspoon of puree, gradually increasing this volume.
Important! Pear juice should be diluted with a little water as it weakens. Better to cook compote from drying.
The choice of fruit for cooking must be taken seriously. Green pears do not cause allergies. When choosing them for cooking, they try to select soft fruits, the pulp of which is quite juicy. For example, the Conference variety, Williams' tender fruits and, of course, Comis, have the listed qualities.
You should always be extremely careful about the choice of fruit. The surface of the pear must be intact and undamaged. In appearance, the fruit should be smooth and not bruised.
Baby pear puree at home
The oven is heated to a temperature of 180-185 degrees and the fruits, previously washed and cut in half, are placed on a baking sheet (the seed capsule and the stalk are removed). They are baked for 15 minutes. Under the influence of temperature, the middle will soften, after which it can be removed, for example, with a spoon. If using a microwave instead of an oven, cook for only 3 minutes at maximum. The resulting pulp is brought to uniformity with a blender or using a sieve. If the resulting mass is too thick, it should be diluted with boiled water.
Observing the reaction of the baby (his body), you can give mashed potatoes starting from half a teaspoon. Increase the portion gradually.
How to make pear puree for babies from boiled fruits
- pear - 2 pieces;
- water - 20 ml (if necessary).
Cooking includes several stages.
- Choose a pear with a thin skin. Rinse well with water, at the end it is advisable to pour over boiling water.
- Peel, peel off and remove seed pods. Grind into cubes.
- Place in boiling water and boil over low heat for about 10 minutes. Monitor the amount of water, adding if necessary.
- Drain the water, chop the pears in any other way.
- Be sure to allow the dish to cool before serving.
It is necessary to give such a pear puree to a baby a little, so that the body gets used to new products.
Apple and pear puree for the winter for children
In a pear and applesauce recipe based on the sweetness of the pears, you may need to add sugar.
- apples - 2 kg;
- pears - 2 kg;
- boiled water - 300-500 ml.
- Rinse the selected fruits thoroughly with running water.
- The fruits can be wrapped in foil (if not wrapped, due to the high temperature in the oven, apples and pears spray juice that stains the oven).
- Put pears and apples on a baking sheet or on any heat-resistant dish.
- Bake the fruits in the oven at 180 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.
- Next, remove the peel from the fruit and grind the resulting pulp in a blender or in any other way. You don't need to add sugar.
- In parallel, sterilize small jars.
- Put the resulting mass on low heat again and after boiling, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Put the mashed potatoes in jars and carefully roll up.
- Wrap the jars with a blanket and let them cool completely.
Recipe for pear mashed potatoes for babies for the winter
The recipe for pear puree for babies differs in that there is no sugar in it. It begins to be introduced into the diet with natural feeding from 6 months, and with artificial feeding - from 4 months, starting from ½ teaspoon. It is extremely important for babies to receive all vitamins and minerals necessary for normal development. The vitamin composition of this puree has antimicrobial properties, and also helps to strengthen the immune system and intestinal microflora of the child.
The preparation of this dish is not difficult. For him you need sweet pears. Rinse the pears thoroughly, remove the tails, pits. Then cut into slices. Put in a saucepan, add a few tablespoons of water if necessary. Put to warm up over low heat.
It is not necessary to bring the resulting mass to a boil. Further, in any way, make the mass homogeneous. Add some citric acid if desired. It is necessary to cook mashed pears for the winter for a child on low heat for 5-7 minutes with constant stirring. Then roll it into sterilized jars.
Pear puree for the winter for children
The recipe for baby pear puree for the winter includes high quality pears, preferably homemade. Before starting cooking, you need to wash them and rinse them with boiling water. Peel, cut into pieces. Add water, it should be 2 times less than pears. Simmer the resulting mass for 10 minutes. Then beat with a blender. Add ½ teaspoon of citric acid. Boil again, put in jars, and sterilize in them for another 12 minutes in jars. Then roll up.
How to make pears puree for the winter
Pear fruit puree has a lot of positive properties. It contains all the many vitamins, macro- and microelements necessary for the body. The big advantage of this delicacy is the presence of fiber in it, which directly has a beneficial effect on the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
In pear puree, adults can use fruits of almost any variety. It is important that they are well matured, free from dents and rot. If the fruit does not taste sweet enough, it will be necessary to add granulated sugar to the workpiece. Rinse the fruit thoroughly and preferably with running water. Remove stalks and seeds.
How much to cook pear puree
Using the cooking technology, remove the seeds and preferably the peel. Then chop with a knife and simmer until softened over low heat, then interrupt into a homogeneous mass without lumps. Boil for another 5-10 minutes. Changes in cooking time only apply if sterilization in cans is intended.
Traditional pear puree for the winter at home
For this recipe, pears are needed, sugar is needed half as much as pears and 30-50 ml of water.
- Rinse pears, cut, core with seeds.
- To cut in cubes. If desired, cut off the peel, but not recommended, since most of the nutrients are contained in the peel.
- Place pears and water in a saucepan. Boil for 10 minutes after boiling.
- Add optional citric acid and sugar, cook for another 15 minutes.
- Grind the resulting mass. Boil for 5 minutes.
- By this time, prepare the jars (wash, sterilize, boil the lids).
- Arrange the ready-made hot mass in jars, roll up and wrap it up.
Advice! To prevent the pear from darkening immediately after cutting and remaining light in color, it must be sprinkled with lemon juice.
Apples and pears puree for the winter
For this recipe, you will need pears and apples in equal proportions, sugar is 4 times less than fruits and 50 ml of water.
- Wash the fruit, dry it, remove the tails and seeds. Cut into pieces.
- Place in a saucepan, add sugar and water.
- Cook for 15 minutes after simmering over low heat.
- Beat the resulting consistency with a blender.
- Boil the resulting mass for 15 minutes, stir occasionally so that it does not burn.
- By this time, you need to prepare jars with lids. Wash the jars thoroughly with soda and sterilize.
- The puree is placed in a previously prepared sterilized jar, rolled up and wrapped.
Advice! Slow cooling will increase the shelf life of the workpiece.
Pear puree for the winter without sugar
- pear - 4 kg;
- water - 100 ml;
- citric acid - 0.50 g
- Wash the pears, remove all excess stalks, seeds, and, if desired, the peel.
- Cut into pieces. Place in a saucepan and put on fire.
- Cook for 30 minutes over low heat, covered.
- Kill the resulting mass with a blender.
- Add citric acid and cook for 3 minutes.
- Next, spread the resulting mass into previously sterilized jars, cover with a lid and sterilize the jars along with mashed potatoes for another 15 minutes.
- Roll up cans, turn over, wrap up.
Pear puree for the winter without sugar is ready!
Pear and orange puree
It is necessary:
- pears - 4 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- oranges - 1 kg;
- water -1 glass.
The recipe includes several stages:
- Prepare pears.
- Cut into large pieces. Place in a thick-walled saucepan, add water, cook until pears are softened.
- Remove from heat and add oranges, peeled and grated directly into the fruit pot.
- To avoid the presence of unnecessary particles that could get into the puree, it is recommended to grind the resulting mass through a sieve.
- Add sugar and cook until thickened, stir periodically to avoid burning. Repeat for approximately 2 hours. The puree is ready when the puree drops do not spread over the spoon.
Divide the resulting orange-pear puree into prepared sterilized jars. Roll up, wrap up.
Pear puree for the winter: a recipe with spices
This recipe requires the following spices: cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. All spices are needed in ground form.
The composition of the dish:
- pear - 2.7 kg;
- salt - ¼ teaspoon;
- sugar-1 glass;
- lemon - 1 piece;
- cardamom - 1 teaspoon;
- ginger - 1 teaspoon;
- nutmeg - 1.5 teaspoon;
- cinnamon - ½ teaspoon;
- cloves - 1/8 teaspoon.
- Peel the pears, cut into wedges.
- Place pears in a thick-walled saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- After boiling, reduce heat after 10 minutes, add lemon juice and all other ingredients.
- After about 10 minutes, the pears will soften. It must be removed from heat and chopped in any way.
- Cook for another 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Transfer the puree to pre-sterilized jars, without adding a little to the top.
- Sterilize in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Roll up and wrap up the banks.
The puree is ready to eat.
Pear puree with honey recipe
The composition of the dish:
- pears - 2 kg;
- lemon juice - 50 ml;
- honey - 100 ml.
Cook as follows:
- Wash, peel, cut into slices and place in a baking tray. Pour lemon juice over the top.
- Bake at 40-60 degrees for 1 hour. Then increase the temperature to 100 degrees and bake for another 40 minutes. Grind the resulting mass.
- Melt honey in a steam bath and pour it into the resulting mass.
- Spread mashed potatoes in jars, not reporting a little to the edge.
- The puree should be sterilized within 10–20 minutes (10 minutes for 0.5 liters).
Roll up the cans, wrap them until they cool completely.
Delicate apple, pear and lemon puree
Since applesauce is usually very thick, it can be diluted with pears.
The following ingredients are needed:
- apples - 1 kg;
- pears - 1 kg;
- lemon - half of the fruit;
- sugar - 2 cups.
Prepare apples: wash, peel and chop. Squeeze the resulting mass and place the juice in a separate bowl. Proceed in the same way with pears.
Mix the pear and applesauce, pour in the lemon juice and the resulting compositions. Add sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil. Divide the puree into sterilized jars and sterilize for 20 minutes.
Roll up the banks. Can be left to cool at room temperature.
How to make pear mashed potatoes with vanilla for the winter
Ingredients for the dish:
- pears - 2 kg;
- sugar - 800 g;
- vanillin - 1 sachet (1.5 g);
- cinnamon - 1 teaspoon;
- citric acid - 1 teaspoon.
Important! Sugar when chopping fruit is added during twisting. Because of this, less sugar is needed.
The recipe includes several steps:
- Prepare the fruit.
- Twist the pears together with the sugar. Transfer to a saucepan.
- Add vanillin, citric acid and cinnamon.
- After boiling, simmer for 40 minutes.
Pour the puree into prepared sterilized jars. Roll up, wrap up until it cools completely.
Frozen pear puree
Fruit puree can also be frozen if there is room in the freezer. This method of canning preserves the taste, aroma and nutrients of the fruit. Can be frozen both in the form of puree and in the form of juice with pulp.
Wash thoroughly, peel the fruit and remove seeds. Grind the pears through a meat grinder or blender and arrange in containers. You can add some sugar if desired. Place in the freezer. The frozen puree is ready!
When storing frozen baby puree, it is important to remember that you cannot re-freeze the product and you must use containers that only hold one serving.
Fruit puree can be simply thawed at room temperature, without any prior heat treatment.
Pear puree in a slow cooker
To prepare pear puree in a multicooker, you will need the following ingredients:
- pears - 1 kg;
- lemon - 1 spoonful of juice;
- sugar - 250 g;
- vanillin -1/2 teaspoon.
Wash the pears, peel them, remove seeds and seed boxes. Cut into slices or wedges. Place fruits in a multicooker bowl and add sugar and citric acid. The amount of sugar depends on the variety of pears and the storage duration of the finished puree (from 100 to 250 g per 1 kg of pears).
Attention! Stir and adjust the taste for sweetness and acidity immediately.
Select the "extinguishing" mode and set the timer for 15 minutes. After the time has elapsed, mix everything and put for another 15 minutes in the specified mode, repeat. Grind the resulting mass with a blender, add vanillin.
The dish is already ready to eat. If you need to roll this puree, then you need to stew it again in a slow cooker for 15-20 minutes.
Put the boiling puree in pre-prepared sterilized jars, roll up and wrap.
Rules for storing pear puree
Storage conditions depend on the specific recipe. If canned food is made without using sugar or citric acid, then store it in a cool place. Canned baby food puree is best kept in the refrigerator. A dish with added sugar can be stored at room temperature.
Each of the recipes for mashed pears proposed here for the winter is worthy of attention and depends on the preferences of the hostess. To make a delicious dish, it is important to strictly follow the cooking recipe.