The sweet pepper family is constantly expanding with new varieties with improved qualities. In greenhouses, it is already grown everywhere. In 2011 sweet pepper Love F1 of the Dutch breeding company Syngenta was included in the State Register. The hybrid stands out for its impressive size, wall thickness and resistance to stressful conditions. Bell peppers require special attention. But labor is rewarded with beautiful and tasty fruits.
Pepper Love - medium early, ripens on the 70-80th day from the time of planting seedlings. In technical ripeness, the fruits are consumed after 58-63 days. F1 love belongs to kapia type peppers. The name comes from the Bulgarian language, because many different varieties of hot and sweet peppers are grown and bred in the fertile fields of this country.
Kapia-type fruits are distinguished by large, oblong and almost flat pods. Their length is comparable to that of the palm. In the wrong conditions, the pods are a little shorter, but on fertile soils, with sufficient watering and warmth, they grow like that. Thick walls of vegetables are affected - up to 7-8 mm. Unripe peppers are dark green in color, and when ripe, they become bright red.
Kapia pepper, due to its commercial qualities, is popular among medium and large agricultural producers. It is also grown with pleasure in personal or summer cottages. The skin of kapia-type fruits is dense, therefore all varieties and hybrids can be stored for a long time without changes in the structure of the pulp and tolerate long-term transportation.
Summer residents declare good keeping quality of pepper Love F1. When harvesting the last fruits in the technical maturity phase - green, the pods in cool conditions retained their appearance and dense pulp structure, gradually acquiring a red hue, until December.
Kapia-type peppers are widely used by the processing industry, due to the sufficient mass of pulp. In everyday use, fresh salads are prepared from kapia pods, stuffed, and various winter preparations are made. The fruits of this type of pepper, including the hybrid Love, are ideal for grilling or roasting in the oven. Kapia pods are often frozen. Frozen vegetables perfectly retain their peculiar characteristic aroma and some useful substances.
Attention! Sweet peppers - a storehouse of vitamin C, like chocolate, activates the release of the hormone endorphin into the bloodstream. These compounds are capable of boosting mood. But pepper has fewer calories than a confectionery treat.
Description of the plant
The compact bushes of the Lyubov F1 hybrid grow in favorable conditions up to 70-80 cm, the average height is 50-60 cm. A plant with a strong stem, medium power, densely leafy, practically hides huge pods under the leaves. The leaves are large, rich dark green color. One bush grows up to 10-15 thick-walled fleshy fruits. In technical maturity, they are dark green in color, in biological they acquire a deep red color.
Hanging fruits of Lyubov pepper are elongated, conical, with thick nutritive walls up to 7-8 mm, contain two or three chambers with seeds. The average length of the pods is 12 cm, the width near the stalk is 6 cm. If the requirements of agricultural technology are observed in cultivation, the fruits grow up to 18-20 cm. The skin of the pods is dense, with a waxy bloom. The pulp is tender, aromatic, of high taste quality.
The fruits of the Lyubov hybrid weigh on average 110-150 g, in good conditions the mass of the first pods reaches 220-230 g, and the rest of the fruits - up to 200 g. Manufacturers declare that they collect 2 kg of vitamin products from one bush per season.
Important! Pepper seeds Love F1 cannot be harvested for further cultivation. A bush grown from harvested hybrid seeds will not repeat the qualities that were liked in the original plant.
Various varieties and hybrids of pepper, these vegetables of southern origin with a high content of nutrients, require special conditions for growing. The main ones are warmth and high levels of nutrients in the soil. By fulfilling these requests, gardeners get an excellent harvest. Hybrid Love F1 clearly demonstrates its merits:
- Large-fruited and high productivity;
- Excellent taste properties;
- Unpretentiousness to growing conditions;
- Endurance to stressful situations;
- Tobacco mosaic virus resistance;
- Good keeping quality and suitability for long-distance transportation;
- High commercial characteristics;
- Can be grown outdoors in warmer regions and in greenhouses in colder climates.
Pepper Love F1 propagates by sowing through seedlings. Seeds are sown in February or early March. You need to carefully prepare for the process, stock up on soil, seeds and containers. There are two opinions about growing pepper seedlings. Some gardeners argue that the sprouts need to be dived. Others talk about the dangers of this method for the plant. Everyone decides for himself and chooses either one container where he sows seeds for further dissection. Or he buys special cassettes in the store, where the pepper grows before being transplanted to a permanent place.
Advice! Peat tablets with a diameter of 35 mm will serve as a good substrate for sowing Lyubov pepper seeds.
Soil preparation and sowing
For the seedlings of the Lyubov hybrid, a light nutritious soil is prepared. The optimal composition is recommended: 25% garden soil, 35% humus or peat, 40% sand. Experienced gardeners mix 200-250 g of wood ash, good potash fertilizer, on each bucket of soil.
Pepper seeds Love F1 go on sale already processed and completely ready for planting. They are carefully placed in the pre-moistened soil in the grooves or in the middle of the cassette to a depth of 1.5-2 cm and sprinkled with soil. The containers are kept in a warm place until shoots appear. For germination of pepper seeds, you need to maintain a temperature of at least 25 degrees. A week later, the sprouts of the hybrid are shown together.
For the next 7-8 days, young seedlings of Lyubov F1 pepper are kept in a cool place, where the temperature does not exceed 18 degrees. Sprouts in such conditions will get stronger, but they need additional lighting - up to 14 hours of bright light daily.
- Strong seedlings are transferred to a warm room for a day - up to 25-28 degrees. At night, it would be ideal to lower the temperature by 10 degrees against the daytime;
- Watered once a week with warm water;
- Pepper is fed with complex mineral fertilizers according to the instructions.
Warning! It is necessary to ensure that the soil in the container with pepper seedlings does not become waterlogged.
Planting seedlings in the garden
Seedlings of pepper Lyubov F1 are planted in a vegetable garden or in a greenhouse at the age of 45-60 days. Two weeks before transplanting, containers with plants are hardened, first taking them out into the fresh air for several hours. Then the residence time in natural conditions is gradually increased. During this period, pepper seedlings are sprayed with copper sulfate in order to prevent fungal diseases.
- When the soil warms up to 10-12 degrees, in late May or early June, seedlings of the hybrid are planted in a permanent place;
- You can not plant love pepper on the site where tomatoes, peppers, potatoes or eggplants were grown in the previous year;
- The seedlings of the hybrid are placed according to the scheme 70 x 40, where the distance between seedlings in a row is 40 cm. This is the optimal planting for a rather powerful pepper bush Love F1.
Hybrid care features
Cultivation of pepper Love has its own specifics.
- The planted plants are watered abundantly for several days until they take root;
- Then watering is carried out once a week;
- When the hybrid Love F1 blossoms and bears fruit, you need to water it 2-3 times a week, so as not to create stress by drying out the soil;
- They loosen the ground carefully, because the root system of the pepper is located close to the surface of the soil;
- Feeding is carried out with ready-made fertilizers for pepper.
The bush of the Love F1 hybrid grows upwards and then forms a flower and forms stepchildren. The branches vegetate, create leaves, and then a flower and their stepchildren. It is important to pick the first flower so that the plant does not give its strength to the first fruit, but develops further and forms more ovaries.
- Removing the first flowers on the plants of the Lyubov F1 hybrid stimulates the formation of a powerful bush, which will create many stepchildren;
- The ovaries will form regularly, and the hybrid will fully realize itself. Such a bush is capable of producing 10-15 large, juicy fruits;
- It is important to pick the first fruits from the bushes at the stage of technical maturity. The plant avoids the stress of the fruit load and produces uniform fruits.
A high yield of pepper is possible only with careful implementation of the requirements of agricultural technology.
Alexey, 37 years old, Krasnodar region
I have been growing pepper for a long time. The seeds of this hybrid were acquired last year. The harvest exceeded expectations. Large elongated fruits with a thick layer of pulp were readily bought up. I will try other varieties of this type as well.
Nina Andreevna, 54 years old, Volgograd region
Also, only last year I tried the cultivation of the Lyubov variety. The fruits are impressive and the plants are quite large. The hybrid is designed to support a decent weight of the pods.
Nelya Valentinovna, 49 years old, Saratov
I planted a hybrid Love in a greenhouse. He was above all the others, but he also surpassed the harvest. She looked after, as well as for others, fed 4 times. I will plant this year too. The seeds are still in the package.