Pickled cabbage is a common homemade option. You can get them in a simple and quick way, which requires different types of vegetables, water and different spices.
Advice! For processing, cabbage is required, ripening in the middle or late periods.
For pickling, glass or enamel containers are selected. The easiest way is to put the vegetable mass immediately in glass jars, which can be sealed with lids and stored throughout the winter. You can pickle cabbage in a bowl or saucepan, and then arrange it in glass containers.
Quick pickling recipes for cabbage
For pickling vegetables in a short time, hot brine is used. Vegetable components are poured into them, then they are kept at room temperature. The marinating process takes from several hours to a day. Depending on the recipe, cabbage is marinated with carrots, beets, peppers and other types of vegetables.
The classic pickling method includes cabbage and carrots. Such an appetizer is prepared during the day, subject to a certain technology:
- For salting for the winter, you will need 5 kg of cabbage. If a smaller amount is taken, then the amount of the remaining components is calculated proportionally. Heads of cabbage are cut into strips or small squares.
- Carrots with a total weight of 0.8 kg must be chopped using a grater or a combine.
- Mix the ingredients and crush a little with your hands. This will reduce the volume of vegetables and speed up the juicing.
- The vegetable mixture is placed in a container or immediately laid out in glass containers.
- The next step is the preparation of the fill. For her, a saucepan is taken, into which 2 liters of water, a glass of sugar and three tablespoons of salt are poured. They put the pan on the fire and wait for the water to boil.
- After boiling, you need to wait 2 minutes and pour 100 ml of sunflower oil into the marinade.
- After 10 minutes, when the temperature of the liquid decreases slightly, you need to pour it over the vegetable slices.
- The workpieces are kept at room temperature throughout the day. Then they are transferred to the refrigerator for the winter.
In a quick way, you can pickle cabbage using a marinade to which spices are added. With them, the cabbage acquires a good taste and aroma.
The recipe for delicious instant pickled cabbage with spices looks a certain way:
- Cabbage head (1 kg) is cut into pieces, stump and dry leaves are removed. The resulting parts are finely chopped.
- Then they move on to carrots, which are chopped by any method.
- 2 cloves of garlic are passed through the garlic.
- The prepared components are placed in a three-liter jar in layers without any tamping.
- For a liter of water you need: a couple of tablespoons of salt and half a glass of granulated sugar. The container with the liquid is placed on the stove and brought to a boil. After boiling, the brine is boiled for another three minutes, then the heat is turned off.
- A couple of bay leaves and 4 peppercorns are added to the resulting brine. When the liquid cools down a little, add 150 ml of vegetable oil to it.
- Brine is poured into the slices previously placed in jars.
- You can add 2 tbsp to each jar. l. vinegar.
- The containers are closed with lids, wrapped in a blanket and left to cool.
- You can remove the first sample from canned vegetables after a day.
If you have beets, this ingredient can be a great addition to delicious pickled cabbage. There are several stages in the cooking recipe:
- A kilogram of cabbage head is cut into thin strips.
- Carrots and beets are chopped using a grater or other kitchen equipment.
- Three cloves of garlic are passed through a press.
- The ingredients are mixed and placed in a pickling container.
- Then you can start getting the fill. For half a liter of water, you need one tablespoon of salt and four tablespoons of granulated sugar. They are dissolved in water, which is brought to a boil.
- If desired, you can add spices to the marinade. After boiling the liquid, you need to wait 2 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Vinegar and vegetable oil are added to the hot marinade. These components will need 80 ml each.
- Containers with vegetables are filled with marinade and left warm for 8 hours.
- After this period of time, pickles can be served to the table. For the winter, vegetables are harvested in the cold.
Another option for instant pickled cabbage includes several stages:
- For the recipe, 3 kg of cabbage is used, which is cut into strips.
- With the help of kitchen equipment, carrots (2 pcs.) And beets (3 pcs.) Are chopped.
- The head of garlic must be peeled and finely chopped.
- Hot dried peppers (4 pcs.) Get rid of seeds and chop finely.
- All components are connected and tamped tightly into jars. Be sure to make a layer of pepper, garlic and seasoning hops-suneli (2 tbsp. L.).
- For the marinade, a glass of sugar and 4 tablespoons of salt are taken per liter of water. After boiling, add a glass of unrefined vegetable oil.
- The marinade needs to be cooled a little and a glass of vinegar is added to it.
- Then the filling is filled in the cans by ¼ of the volume. To cook pickled vegetables, they are left indoors. Shake the contents of the jar several times. During the day, juice is released, the excess of which must be eliminated.
- If you put vegetables to marinate in the refrigerator for another day, then you get the most delicious snack due to the richer taste.
Korean style pickling
With this method of processing, cabbage is cut into large pieces, which significantly saves time for its processing. The recipe was named Korean because of the use of spices unusual for traditional salting: cloves and coriander.
You can quickly pickle cabbage by performing the following technology:
- A couple of cabbage heads with a total weight of 2 kg are cut into squares with a side of 4 cm.
- Beets (1 pc.) Must be cut into bars.
- Peel the garlic head and cut its cloves in half.
- The components are stacked in layers in three-liter jars.
- For pouring, you need to boil water (1 liter), add a tablespoon of salt and granulated sugar each.
- Half a glass of vegetable oil is added to hot water.
- Bay leaves, coriander (half a teaspoon) and cloves (a couple of pieces) are used as spices. The coriander seeds must be crushed before use.
- While the marinade is hot, vegetables are poured over them. A load is placed on top in the form of a water bottle or a small stone.
- When warm, the snack will be cooked in a maximum of 20 hours. For the winter, the workpieces are placed in the refrigerator.
The addition of hot pepper will help to make the pickled cabbage more spicy in taste. Gloves are best when handling this component to protect the skin.
The recipe is shown below:
- A kilogram head of cabbage is processed by shredding. The result should be squares with a side of 2 cm.
- Grate carrots (0.2 kg).
- The cloves from one head of garlic should be chopped into plates.
- The pod of hot pepper is cleaned of seeds and stalks and finely chopped.
- If desired, you can add fresh herbs (parsley or dill).
- The components are mixed and placed in a suitable container.
- For the marinade, put a liter of water on the fire, in which you need to dissolve 3 tbsp. sugar and 2 tbsp. salt.
- The filling is filled into a container with vegetables. We marinate them for a day, after which we put them in the cold.
Bell pepper recipe
One of the components of homemade preparations is bell pepper. It can be added to cabbage for further pickling.
Such homemade preparations are obtained by following the following quick recipe:
- Cabbage forks weighing 0.6 kg are finely chopped.
- One carrot is chopped in a blender or grated.
- The sweet pepper is cut in half, the stalk and seeds are removed. The resulting parts are chopped into strips.
- Chop two garlic cloves into thin slices.
- The ingredients are combined in a common container.
- To get the fill, put a saucepan with a liter of water on the stove. When boiling it, add 40 g of salt and 50 g of granulated sugar.
- After boiling, the stove is turned off, and 100 g of vinegar is added to the marinade.
- Allspice (3 pcs.) Will help to add a spicy taste to pickled cabbage.
- A container with vegetable mass is filled with hot marinade.
- After 15 minutes, place a couple of laurel leaves.
- After an hour, the vegetables are removed from the container by hand and placed in a jar. You do not need to wring them out.
- The jar is left in the refrigerator for another hour.
- A delicious snack with sunflower oil and herbs is served.
Seasonal vegetables are used to get a delicious vitamin snack for the winter. There are several stages in the pickling process:
- One and a half kilograms of cabbage should be finely chopped.
- Do the same with carrots and red onions. It is enough to take one piece of the indicated components.
- Six garlic cloves must be passed through a press.
- Bell peppers are peeled and cut into strips.
- To pickle cabbage, take 0.5 liters of water, one tablespoon of salt and half a glass of sugar. After boiling, 100 g of vegetable oil is added to the liquid.
- From the spices, you need to prepare one bay leaf and two cloves. They are added to the hot marinade along with vinegar (120 ml).
- A container with a vegetable mass is filled with a hot liquid, a load is placed on top.
- For 8 hours vegetables are left to marinate warm, then they are transferred to jars for storage in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, you can add fresh cranberries or lingonberries to the pickles.
Cauliflower is excellently pickled. After processing, its inflorescences acquire an incomparable taste, reminiscent of mushrooms.
Vegetables are pickled quickly and tasty in several stages:
- The head of cabbage is broken into separate inflorescences, which must be rinsed well.
- Sweet pepper (1 pc.) Must be peeled and chopped into half rings.
- Hot peppers are prepared in a similar way.
- Cut three garlic cloves into thin slices.
- A bay leaf, 5 peppercorns, two branches of dry dill and 3 cloves are placed at the bottom of a glass container.
- Vegetables are placed in a container in layers and poured with boiling water for 10 minutes, then the liquid is drained.
- The process of pouring boiling water is repeated, but the water must be drained after 15 minutes.
- A tablespoon of sugar and two tablespoons of salt are used per liter of water. When the liquid begins to boil, the container is removed from the heat, and the vegetables are poured with the marinade.
- Add two tablespoons of vinegar to the jar.
- The containers are closed with lids and left to cool. It will take about a day to cook.
Pickled cabbage is served as a side dish for main dishes, used as an appetizer or as part of a salad. Other seasonal vegetables and spices are added to pickles. It is most convenient to use quick recipes, which allow you to get blanks in about a day.
Blanks can be obtained both spicy and sweet. In the first case, garlic and hot peppers are used. Beets and bell peppers are responsible for the sweeter taste. The pickling process also uses vinegar and oil.