Aromatic red currant jam with oranges will appeal to lovers of pleasant thick confitures with a refreshing sourness. A treat in the summer is perfectly combined with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and in winter it will relieve colds due to the high content of vitamin C.
How to cook red currant jam with orange
A healthy and tasty treat can be prepared in two ways.
- Hot - grind the components in any way, mix with sugar, let stand to let the pulp start juicing. Put the workpiece on low heat in a stainless steel or aluminum basin and boil. Roll the jam into sterile jars with a machine or disposable threaded lids. The hot method increases the shelf life due to the effects of temperature.
- Cold - sorted and washed currant berries cover with white granulated sugar and put in the shade to extract juice. Mix berry with ground orange pulp and distribute in sterilized jars. Cover each with a nylon tight lid and keep in the refrigerator.
Important! Almost all vitamins and nutrients of currant berries and orange pulp are preserved in "raw" jam.
Red currant and orange jam recipes
The rich taste of fresh berries and a pleasant citrus sourness will help preserve simple step-by-step jam recipes for the winter.
A simple recipe for red currant jam with orange
Ingredients for the preparation of a thick and aromatic preservation:
- large red currant berries - 1 kg;
- large juicy orange fruits - 1 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1-1.2 kg (depending on taste).
- Clean large currant berries from debris and branches, rinse and discard on a sieve or colander.
- Pass dry berries through a fine mesh in a meat grinder in mashed potatoes.
- Cut the washed oranges together with the zest into small slices and scroll through the medium mesh of a meat grinder.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl with sugar and leave for half an hour to melt the sugar.
- Re-grind the ingredients with a meat grinder or blender until smooth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over low heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring and removing the white foams. It is important to turn the thick mass underneath with a wooden spatula to prevent scorching.
- Ignite jars with a small amount of water in the oven for 3 minutes or steam over a boiling kettle. Spread the thick mass over sterile jars and roll up with a key.
- After preservation has cooled down at room temperature, remove the jars to a cool place.
Orange-currant jam will turn out to be a rich red color with a smooth texture and a light citrus aroma.
Cold red currant jam with orange
Ingredients for raw redcurrant and orange jam:
- large currant berries - 1 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1.2 kg;
- sweet oranges - 2 pcs. bigger.
Step cooking method:
- Kill washed and dried oranges with sorted currants with a blender or scroll with a meat grinder on a fine mesh.
- Combine the resulting aromatic puree with sugar and stir until the crystals are completely dissolved.
- Leave the jam for 1-2 hours in a warm place so that the consistency becomes denser and more uniform. During this time, the fruits will exchange juices, and the preparation will acquire a rich aroma.
- Put the finished jam in sterile dry jars and seal with plastic lids leaking.
- If desired, you can add banana slices sprinkled with lemon juice or a pinch of vanilla to the bottom of the cans.
- Remove the cooled currant jam in the refrigerator.
The product will take on the appearance of a thick jelly. "Raw" orange-currant jam is distinguished by the taste of fresh fruit, retains the aroma and useful properties of raw materials.
Delicious red currant, orange and raisin jam
Delicate, tasty and vitamin jam should be prepared from the following ingredients:
- large currant berries - about 1 kg;
- a full glass of raisins raisins;
- sugar - by weight of the finished puree;
- orange fruits - 2-3 pcs. (depending on the size).
Jam preparation method:
- Kill the peeled, washed and dried currant berries in a blender bowl and transfer to a stainless steel container.
- Scald the washed raisins with boiling water (do not steam), wash and interrupt with a blender. If using a different variety of raisins, remove the seeds from the inside.
- Cut the clean oranges into pieces together with the peel and beat with a blender in a bowl.
- Mix all components in a container, weigh the mass and add sugar in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Put the mixture on low heat, boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. In the process, be sure to remove sweet foams. After that, gradually cool the jam.
- Repeat the cooking-cooling process 3 times. During breaks, cover the container with gauze to prevent flies or wasps from getting into the sweet sticky mass. In this way, you can achieve the desired density of the jam.
- Distribute the cooked mass in half-liter jars, roll up and turn over onto the lid. Wrap the blank with a blanket and cool.
- Remove the preservation in the cellar or closet.
Canning is suitable as a filling for pies, an additive for sandwiches and tartlets.
Terms and conditions of storage
The optimum storage temperature for jam, at which all the nutrients and vitamins of the fruit remain, is +5 +20 degrees. If the temperature is violated, the terms are reduced.
- It is better to keep the workpieces in the refrigerator on the lower shelf at a temperature of +4 +6 degrees. In this case, the shelf life is from 24 to 36 months.
- It is impossible to put preservation in the freezer, since the jam will lose its taste and useful qualities, it will become sugared.
- In a dark and cool cellar or pantry, currant jam can be stored for 12-24 months. If the mixture is sugared, place it in a bowl of warm water and swirl it from side to side.
Important! If mold or mildew has appeared on the surface of the sweet mass, you must discard the entire contents of the can, since consumption can lead to poisoning.
Red currant jam with oranges has a pleasant citrus aroma, rich pomegranate color and refreshing taste. The pleasant, homogeneous texture is perfect for filling pies, as a flavoring agent for drinks and a useful addition to a hot cup of tea.