Cucumbers for the winter with black ground pepper are a great appetizer that complements a vegetarian menu, meat or fish dishes. Experienced housewives have long added ground pepper to conservation, appreciating it not only for its culinary qualities. The harvest is tasty and healthy, since black ground pepper is rich in vitamin K, which improves metabolism. Novice housewives will be able to choose a recipe to their taste, as well as learn the secrets and subtleties of making pickled cucumbers.
For preservation, it is better to use cucumbers of the same size, so they will marinate well
Secrets of pickling cucumbers with ground pepper
So that nothing distracts from the process of harvesting vegetables for the winter at the most inopportune moment, you need to carry out all the preliminary work in advance: choose a recipe, prepare jars and lids, spices, spices and cucumbers.
Important! Salad cucumbers are not suitable for preservation, they will turn out sluggish and soft. It is better to take varieties specially designed for pickling and pickling.
Tips for choosing and preparing cucumbers:
- vegetables must be fresh. Sluggish cucumbers should not be pickled, they will turn out to be soft;
- it is better to take medium (up to 9 cm) and small cucumbers, they have more delicate seeds;
- pickled cucumbers, in which the skin is abundantly covered with dark tubercles;
- cucumbers need to be soaked for at least 3-4 hours, and it is better to leave them in water overnight;
- you need to put vegetables of approximately the same size in one jar;
- for cucumbers, you need to cut off the tips, so they are evenly saturated with marinade or brine.
It is also worth paying attention to the water and salt that will be used to prepare the brine. Tap water is too hard, so you need to let it settle for a day or clean it with a filter. Salt should also be well refined, coarsely ground.
The classic recipe for pickling cucumbers with ground black pepper
Pickled cucumbers with ground pepper, prepared for the winter using the classical method, have a pleasant pungency and unique taste. The amount of ingredients is calculated for one can, with a capacity of three liters.
You will need:
- 1.5 kg of strong cucumbers;
- 2 umbrellas of dry dill;
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 3.5 tbsp. coarse salt;
- 750 ml of water.
Pickled cucumbers with black pepper can be tasted after 1 week
- Wash vegetables with a soft brush and leave in cool water overnight.
- Sterilize jars and lids, peel the garlic.
- Place cloves of garlic, dill at the bottom of the container, add ground pepper.
- Tamp the cucumbers tightly, add salt on top.
- Pour boiling water over the cans and seal with nylon caps (or roll up).
The most impatient can taste such cucumbers in a week.
Pickled cucumbers with red ground pepper for the winter
Often in winter you want to somehow diversify the daily menu and serve something unconventional on the table. Pickled cucumbers with the addition of this hot spice will be appreciated by lovers of savory snacks.
You will need:
- small cucumbers (how many will fit in a three-liter jar);
- 1.5 tbsp. salt, the same amount of granulated sugar;
- 10 g of red hot ground pepper;
- 1 tbsp. 70% vinegar;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- greens (if absent, you can take 2 cm of horseradish root).
Despite the cloudy brine that the pepper creates during harvesting, the taste is excellent.
- Prepare cucumbers: wash, trim off the ends and leave in cold water for 3-4 hours.
- Put horseradish greens at the bottom of the container, then stuff it tightly with cucumbers, alternating vegetables with garlic.
- Pour boiling water over, cover (with lids or clean gauze) and leave for 10 minutes, then drain the liquid.
- Add salt, granulated sugar, hot pepper.
- Pour boiling water over, add vinegar and roll up immediately.
Pickled cucumbers according to this recipe are crispy, but you need to give them time to infuse so that they are well saturated with the marinade.
Pickled cucumber recipe with ground pepper and garlic
Cucumbers marinated for the winter with the addition of garlic will be an excellent addition to vegetable dishes. This is especially true for those who are fasting and want to add color and spice to their menu.
You will need:
- 2 kg of fresh, small and even cucumbers;
- 100 ml of table vinegar;
- 100 ml of vegetable oil;
- 4.5 tbsp. granulated sugar;
- 2-2.5 tbsp. salt;
- 11 grams (approximately 2 teaspoons) ground pepper;
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped garlic.
It is better to marinate young cucumbers with a thin skin
- Cut off the ends of pre-washed and soaked cucumbers and put them in a deep container.
- In a separate container, mix all the other ingredients and send the resulting mixture to the cucumbers.
- Leave for 3 hours, stirring occasionally with your hands.
- Tamp the cucumbers tightly into half-liter jars, pour the garlic-pepper mixture.
- Sterilize in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes and fix the nylon (or metal) lids.
For pickling with garlic, it is better to use young and thin-skinned cucumbers, then they will take in the aroma well.
Pickled cucumbers with ground black pepper and currant leaves
Salting cucumbers with black pepper and currant leaves will keep the vegetables firm. And ground pepper will add a special zest to the preparation for the winter.
You will need:
- 2 kg of cucumbers;
- a handful of currant leaves;
- several umbrellas of fresh dill;
- 8-10 medium cloves of garlic;
- 1 tsp ground pepper;
- brine (for one liter of water 50 g of salt).
Currant leaves give pickle cucumbers firmness
- Arrange the cucumbers in clean jars, laying with currant leaves, dill and garlic cloves cut into several parts. Add ground pepper on top.
- Prepare 5% saline solution (dissolve salt in water).
- Pour the cucumbers with brine, cover with nylon lids and leave to ferment for 7-10 days (it is too early to roll up and put into the cellar).
- After this time, top up the jars with brine and cork tightly (cucumbers will absorb a certain amount of liquid)
Cucumbers prepared for the winter by the cold salting method can be stored in a pantry or loggia.
Pickled cucumbers with black pepper, herbs and spices
Spicy cucumbers are very popular with every housewife, as they are indispensable for a festive feast. Such a preparation for the winter should always be at hand, because guests can come unexpectedly and you need to surprise them with something.
You will need:
- 5 kg of fresh, firm cucumbers;
- 175 fresh dill;
- 10 g of tarragon greens;
- 2 heads of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. grain mustard;
- 10 cm horseradish root;
- 1.5-2 tbsp. ground black pepper.
For the marinade:
- 4 liters of purified water;
- 700 ml of table vinegar;
- 170-200 g of salt;
- 150-250 g sugar.
Pickled cucumbers with spices can be tasted after 2 months
- Cut the dill greens and place them on the bottom of the jars together with the tarragon sprigs.
- Top it up with the rest of the spices, ground pepper and fill the container with cucumbers.
- Prepare the marinade and pour the jars, then sterilize them in boiling water for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the workpiece and roll it up.
Cucumbers pickled according to this recipe should be infused in the cellar for at least 2 months in order to be saturated with the aroma of spices.
One of the main rules for storing home preservation is to adhere to all recipe prescriptions during preparation (temperature regime, proportions, sterilization time, etc.). The container must be clean and free from defects, vegetables and herbs must be thoroughly washed, the material for conservation must be fresh.
Do not pickle cut-off cucumbers or use untreated water. If only high-quality products were taken for conservation, then such a preparation for the winter can be stored in an apartment for at least a year.
In a cool, dry and ventilated cellar, blanks for the winter can be stored for up to two years without fear that they will deteriorate or ferment.
Cucumbers for the winter with black ground pepper, various spices and spices can be eaten as an independent snack or used to prepare vegetable salads. Spicy and spicy cucumbers add an unusual flavor to traditional winter dishes such as vinaigrette or Olivier. And for the vegetables to be crispy, it is important to remember that only small and fresh specimens need to be pickled or salted.