Tomato sauce for the winter is now gaining more and more popularity. Gone are the days of admiring imported jars and bottles with unknown content. Now homework is back in vogue. And in the season of mass ripening of tomatoes, it is simply impossible not to prepare at least a few jars of fragrant, natural and very tasty tomato sauce for the winter.
How to make tomato sauce correctly
In general, the sauce is used to add new flavors to dishes, to revive them and correct mistakes, in the event that the main course was not prepared quite correctly.
Tomato sauce belongs to the group of fruit and vegetable sauces that use exclusively natural products. But for the manufacture of tomato sauce for the winter, heat treatment is necessary so that it can be stored for a long time. Although there is a so-called raw tomato sauce, in which all the useful elements are preserved, it must be stored exclusively in a cold place and not for long, a maximum of several weeks.
In part of recipes for making sauce, you must first get tomato juice or take a ready-made one. In others, tomatoes are simply crushed in any way and the peel with seeds is left in the vegetable mass for further boiling.
Some recipes require the use of vinegar, but it is better to find natural varieties for these purposes - apple or wine vinegar. As a last resort, you can use lemon or cranberry juice.
Making tomato sauce from tomatoes for the winter is very popular in Mediterranean countries: in Italy, Greece, Macedonia. Therefore, recipes are often full of a variety of used herbs and spices. It is advisable to find them fresh, but if this is not possible, then dried seasonings will come off.
Attention! Since tomato sauce is consumed in relatively small quantities, it is more convenient to use glass containers of small volume for packaging: from 300 ml to a liter.
The classic tomato sauce recipe
The traditional recipe for tomato sauce does not involve the richest choice of ingredients:
- about 3.5 kg of ripe tomatoes;
- 200 g onions;
- 10-15 g of mustard powder;
- 100 ml wine or apple cider vinegar;
- 30 g salt and sugar;
- 2 g of ground red hot and 3 g of black pepper;
- 4 pieces of carnation.
According to the classical technology, tomato juice is first obtained from tomatoes.
- Juice can be obtained using a juicer.
- Or use the manual method, in which tomatoes, cut into slices, are first warmed up under a lid in any convenient container. And then they are rubbed through a sieve, removing seeds and remnants of the skin.
- Then the resulting juice is poured into a saucepan with a thick bottom and boiled until the volume of the liquid is reduced by one third.
Important! In the first half of boiling, it is necessary to remove all the resulting foam from the tomatoes. Later, it stops forming.
- Then salt, spices, mustard and chopped onions are added to the tomato puree.
- Cook over low heat for another 5-10 minutes, add vinegar.
- Poured hot into cans and additionally sterilized: 5 minutes - half-liter cans, 10 minutes - liter.
Tomato, pepper and garlic sauce
This recipe has a much richer composition than the classic one, and it can well be used not only as a sauce, but also as a putty for sandwiches.
You will need:
- 5 kg of red ripe tomatoes;
- 1.5 kg of red bell pepper;
- 1 pod of hot pepper, also preferably red;
- 2-3 heads of garlic;
- 150 g carrots;
- 100 g of dill and parsley (if necessary, fresh herbs can be replaced with dried ones);
- 60 g salt;
- 100 g of vegetable oil.
And to create such a delicious tomato sauce for the winter according to this recipe is very simple.
- All vegetables must be thoroughly rinsed and all excess removed from them.
- Then, after cutting them into small pieces, grind each vegetable into a separate container through a meat grinder.
- First put the grated tomatoes in a saucepan and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Then add peppers to them and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, add ground garlic and herbs, vegetable oil, salt and boil for the last 5 minutes.
- Simultaneously sterilize small jars over steam or in the oven.
- Boil the lids in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Arrange the ready-made sauce in jars, roll up.
Spicy tomato sauce for the winter
By the way, spicy tomato sauce is prepared using exactly the same technology. In order for him to finally conquer with his vigorous taste lovers of everything spicy, you just need to add 3-4 pods of hot pepper and certainly red instead of one. Because it is red that is the hottest. And if you add a few horseradish roots to the ingredients, then both the taste and aroma will be more than worthy.
Tomato sauce with garlic for the winter
But according to this recipe for the winter, tomato sauce is prepared quite quickly, and although it cannot be called very spicy, garlic still gives it both aroma and piquancy in taste.
To get started, you can prepare a small portion of the sauce, this will require:
- 200 g of tomato fruits;
- 20 g garlic (5-6 cloves);
- 20 g green onions;
- 20 g parsley;
- 20 g of hot peppers;
- 5 ml red wine vinegar
- 20 ml of vegetable oil;
- 3-4 g of salt.
- On washed tomatoes, cut the skin crosswise, pour boiling water over them for 30 seconds, and then place them in cold water.
- After that, all the fruits are peeled and put into a blender bowl.
- Green onions, parsley are cut into small pieces and sent there.
- Garlic is peeled, divided into slices, and hot peppers are freed from tails and seeds.
- They are added to the tomatoes along with salt and chopped.
- Add oil and vinegar, beat again.
- Pour the tomato mixture into a saucepan and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- They are laid out in small jars and sterilized in boiling water for another 10 minutes, after which they are rolled up.
Tomato sauce with basil for the winter
In general, tomato sauce for the winter is most often prepared without sterilization, since tomato paste or juice in any case has to be evaporated for a rather long time in order for it to thicken well. And a good example of this is the following recipe, which also contains rather unusual ingredients:
- 3 kg of tomatoes;
- 1 kg of pears;
- 2 kg of sweet peppers;
- 200 g of garlic;
- 1 bunch of basil (100 g);
- 2 hot peppers;
- 1 kg of onions;
- 30 g salt;
- 200 g sugar;
- 150 ml of vegetable oil;
- 100 ml of apple cider vinegar.
Cooking tomato sauce with basil for the winter according to this recipe is simple, but rather long in time.
- First, all vegetables and fruits are washed in running water and dried on a towel.
- Then they are freed from all that is superfluous and grind in parts in any convenient way: you can use a meat grinder, you can use a blender, you can use a food processor.
- All components, except for basil, garlic and hot pepper, are combined in one saucepan, put on fire, heated to a temperature of + 100 ° C.
- Add salt, sugar and vegetable oil and cook over low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Stir the mixture during cooking so that it does not burn.
- After 40 minutes, add the set aside ingredients and heat for another 10 minutes.
- At the very end, vinegar is added, distributed over sterile jars and immediately rolled up.
Tomato sauce for the winter with apples
Of course, where there are pears, there are also apples. Moreover, tomatoes and apples are perfectly combined in many recipes. Apples also contain a large amount of pectin, which makes the consistency of the sauce thicker and more pleasant to consume.
In order to make a tomato-apple sauce you will need:
- 6 kg of tomatoes;
- 5 pieces of large sweet and sour apples;
- 2 pods of hot pepper;
- 100 ml of sunflower oil;
- 120 g salt;
- 300 ml of apple cider vinegar;
- 400 g sugar;
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper;
- 4 cloves of garlic.
And making it according to the recipe is not quick, but easy.
- Tomatoes, apples and hot peppers are freed from unnecessary parts and cut into small, convenient pieces.
- Next, you need to grind them to a puree state. You can use a meat grinder for these purposes, you can use a blender - what anyone has at hand.
- Then the chopped mixture is placed in a saucepan with a thick bottom and cooked for about two hours over low heat.
- 10 minutes before the end of cooking, add spices, herbs, oil and vinegar.
- Finally, it is poured into small jars and rolled up.
Sweet tomato sauce for the winter
Using the same technology, they prepare an unusually tasty sauce that will not fail to please those with a sweet tooth.
And you will need the following products:
- 6 kg of tomatoes;
- 10 pieces of onions;
- 120 g salt;
- 200 g sugar;
- 200 g of honey;
- 6 pieces of cloves;
- 100 g apple cider vinegar;
- 5 g cinnamon;
- 7 g of ground black and allspice.
Winter tomato sauce recipe with onions
Even if there are few products in the house, the ingredients for this delicious sauce will certainly be found - the main thing is that there are tomatoes:
- 2.5 kg of tomatoes;
- 2 pieces of onions;
- 40 g salt;
- 1 teaspoon of ground black and red pepper;
- 100 g sugar;
- 3 bay leaves.
And prepare tomato sauce with onions for the winter in about the same principle as described in the previous recipe. Only tomatoes are boiled for a shorter amount of time - 40 minutes.
A very simple recipe for tomato sauce for the winter
The simplest ingredients are used here:
- 1 kg of tomatoes;
- 9-10 cloves of garlic;
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander and hop-suneli seasoning;
- 30 g salt;
- 20 g of ground red pepper.
And the manufacturing technology itself - it couldn't be simpler.
- Tomatoes are cut into quarters, put in an enamel container and left in the room for a day.
- The next day, the separated juice is drained, using it for other dishes.
- The remaining pulp is lightly boiled, chopped with a blender.
- With constant stirring, cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Add salt and seasonings, boil for another 3 minutes and put in small containers.
- Seal immediately with sterile caps.
Tomato sauce without boiling
Vegetables without heat treatment cannot be stored for a long time, even in the cold, unless something spicy is included in the recipe, which will play the role of an additional preservative. This recipe for tomato sauce deserves the name - spicy, because it includes several similar ingredients.
Thanks to this, it can be safely stored even throughout the long winter season in the refrigerator. At the same time, it is characterized by exceptional healing properties, since all substances useful for health remain unchanged.
If we proceed from the presence of 6 kg of fresh tomatoes, then you will additionally need:
- 12 pieces of red bell pepper;
- 10 pods of red hot pepper;
- 10 heads of garlic;
- 3-4 horseradish roots;
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups of sugar;
- ground black pepper and salt to taste.
Despite all the seeming spiciness, the sauce turns out to be quite sweet and tender. It is quite simple to prepare it.
- All vegetables are peeled from seeds and husks.
- Using a meat grinder, grind all vegetables in one container.
- Add sugar, salt, seasonings to taste, and apple cider vinegar.
- Allow the sauce to soak in spices, keeping it at room temperature for several hours.
- Then they are laid out in jars and sent to storage in the refrigerator.
Tomato sauce for the winter: a recipe without vinegar
The delicious tomato sauce made according to this recipe is also called tomato sauce in French.
You will need:
- 5 kg of tomatoes;
- 2 heads of garlic;
- 500 g onions;
- 30 g of greens of tarragon (tarragon);
- 60 g salt;
- 150 g sugar;
- 0.5 g of ground black pepper;
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. spoon in a half-liter jar.
- Tomato fruits are steamed in a colander over steam until softened.
- After cooling, rub through a sieve.
- Garlic is chopped separately, onion and greens are finely chopped with a knife.
- All components are mixed in one saucepan and boiled for about 2 hours until the volume of the entire mass is halved.
- Add spices and herbs, mix.
- Pour the sauce into the jars, pour one spoonful of oil on top of the jar and seal.
The most delicious tomato sauce for the winter
They say that tastes differ, but the sauce made according to the recipe described below is liked by men, women and children alike.
You should find the following components, which will make 12 half-liter cans of sauce:
- 7 kg of ripe tomatoes without peel;
- 1 kg of peeled onions;
- 1 head of large garlic;
- 70 ml of olive oil;
- 400 g tomato paste;
- 100 g of greens of basil and parsley;
- 200 g brown cane sugar;
- 90 g salt;
- 1 package (10g) dry oregano;
- 4 g (1 tsp) of ground black and hot red pepper;
- 30 g dry ground paprika;
- 150 ml red wine vinegar.
And cooking it is not as difficult as it might seem.
- At the first stage, the tomatoes are peeled by making a small cut in the skin in the form of a cross and alternately placing the fruits in boiling water for 30 seconds, and then in cold water.
- Then the tomatoes are cut into small pieces and put in a large saucepan and placed over medium heat.
- Cook with occasional stirring until the total volume is reduced by 1/3. This usually takes about two hours.
- At the same time, finely chop the onion and fry it in olive oil until golden brown.
- Garlic is cut and fried in the same way.
- Tomato paste is diluted with about the same amount of tomato juice from a saucepan so that it does not sink to the bottom later.
- Add it to the tomatoes and stir well again.
- Add salt and sugar to the tomato sauce. Do this in portions, each time letting the sauce simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Do the same with paprika and all the remaining spices.
- Finely chop the greens and also stir them in portions in tomato sauce.
- Then add the fried garlic and onion.
- Wine vinegar is added to the sauce last, let it boil for another 3 minutes and poured into jars.
- Swirl and allow to cool.
Thick tomato sauce for the winter at home
Tomato sauce can be thickened with the help of prolonged boiling, adding apples, starch or ... nuts.
The prescription will require:
- 1 kg of tomatoes;
- 300 g of shelled walnuts;
- 8 garlic cloves;
- 100 ml lemon or pomegranate juice;
- 7 g of red ground pepper;
- 5 g of Imeretian saffron (can be replaced with marigold flowers);
- 100 g cilantro, chopped.
Making such a tomato sauce at home is not so difficult.
- Chop the tomatoes, place on fire and cook for about 20-30 minutes.
- Twist the nuts through a meat grinder, grind with pepper, garlic and salt.
- Add cilantro and saffron.
- Add a little lemon juice and tomato mixture, constantly rubbing the resulting paste.
- Divide into small containers, store in a cool place.
Homemade tomato sauce recipe for the winter with starch
This recipe is perhaps the easiest and fastest way to make a thick tomato sauce. You can even use not fresh tomato fruits, but ready-made tomato juice, store or homemade.
- 2 liters of tomato juice;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of potato starch;
- 7 cloves of garlic;
- 50 g of salt;
- 3 g of hot and black ground pepper;
- 250 g sugar;
- 90 ml wine vinegar.
- Pour the tomato juice into a saucepan, heat up and after boiling, cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add spices and finely crushed garlic.
- Add vinegar after 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the potato starch in 150 g of cold water and gradually pour the starch liquid into the tomato sauce with constant vigorous stirring.
- Heat again to a boil and after a five-minute boil, place in sterile glass containers.
Krasnodar tomato sauce
Tomatoes brought from the Krasnodar Territory are not in vain distinguished by their special sweetness and juiciness - after all, in these parts the sun generously impregnates all vegetables and fruits with its warmth and light. So the recipe for Krasnodar tomato sauce for the winter has been popular since the distant Soviet times, when every housewife could easily prepare it.
The ingredients include:
- 5 kg of tomatoes;
- 5 large apples;
- 10 g paprika;
- 200 ml of sunflower oil;
- 4 carnation buds;
- 3 g ground nutmeg;
- 6 g dry oregano;
- 5 g of ground allspice and black pepper;
- 30-40 g of salt;
- 80 g of apple cider or wine vinegar;
- 50 g of sugar.
This delicate sweet and sour sauce is also easy to prepare.
- First, as usual, juice is obtained from tomatoes in any usual way.
- Cut the apples into slices, remove all the seeds and add to the tomato juice.
- The apple-tomato mixture is boiled for at least half an hour, after which spices and herbs are added.
- Cook for another half hour, stirring constantly and skimming off the foam.
- 5-7 minutes before cooking, add vinegar and oil and spread the hot sauce in the jars.
Plum and tomato sauce at home
Among the recipes for making tomato sauce for the winter "lick your fingers" there are several options with the addition of plums. Two of them will be presented here.
The basic option will require the following components:
- 1 kg pitted plums;
- 2 kg of tomatoes;
- 3 onions;
- 100 g of garlic;
- 150 g sugar;
- 1 bunch of basil and dill;
- 2 celery stalks;
- 1 chili pepper pod;
- 60 g of salt.
According to this recipe, tomato sauce for the winter is easiest to prepare through a meat grinder.
- The drain must be prepared a little more, about 1.2 kg, so that exactly 1 kg remains after peeling.
- First, garlic and hot peppers are passed through a meat grinder and put in a separate container.
- Then, tomatoes, plums, onions, basil and celery, chopped through a meat grinder, are placed in a common pan.
- Add sugar and salt.
- The mixture is placed on a fairly high heat, after boiling, the heat is reduced and cooked for a total of about 1.5 hours.
- Garlic with pepper and chopped dill is added 5-7 minutes before the end of cooking.
- The sauce can be placed in jars both hot and cold.
Tomato tomato sauce for the winter: a recipe with cilantro
If you add a bunch of cilantro and a teaspoon of paprika powder to the ingredients of the previous recipe, removing the basil if possible, then the sauce will result in a completely different taste, no less interesting.
Recipe for Italian tomato sauce for the winter
And Italian tomato sauce cannot be imagined without a whole set of aromatic spices with the addition of traditional olive oil.
Attention! If possible, it is advisable to use fresh herbs.
Find and prepare:
- 1 kg of ripe and sweet tomatoes;
- 1 sweet onion;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 50 g fresh (10 g dried) basil
- 50 g fresh (10 g dried) oregano
- 30 g rosemary;
- 20 g fresh thyme (thyme);
- 30 g peppermint;
- 20 g of garden savory;
- 50 ml olive oil;
- 30 ml lemon juice;
- 50 g brown sugar;
- salt to taste.
And the preparation is as follows:
- The tomatoes are peeled, transferred to a saucepan and boiled until a homogeneous liquid mass is obtained.
- The greens are chopped with a sharp knife.
- Add spices, herbs, chopped garlic to the tomato mass and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Pour in olive oil and lemon juice and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- For storage, the finished sauce is placed in sterile jars and twisted.
How to cook tomato sauce for the winter in a slow cooker
The multicooker is very convenient to use for cooking tomato sauce as well. True, in terms of consistency, such a sauce turns out to be quite liquid, but more nutrients are retained in it.
The following foods need to be prepared:
- 2 kg of tomatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- ½ teaspoon each dry basil and oregano;
- 3 g ground black pepper;
- 20 g of sea salt;
- 30 g granulated sugar;
- 8 g citric acid.
And cooking in a slow cooker, as always, is simple.
- Tomatoes are cut into pieces of any convenient shape and size.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic as small as possible.
- Put all the chopped vegetables, spices, salt and sugar into the multicooker bowl and mix well.
- The "extinguishing" program is set for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- During the manufacturing process, the lid is removed several times and the contents are mixed.
- After cooling, if desired, the sauce is filtered through a sieve.
- To preserve in the winter, tomato sauce is poured into 0.5 liter cans, sterilized in boiling water for about 15 minutes and rolled up.
Storage rules for homemade tomato sauce
Rolled up jars of tomato sauce can be stored in normal room conditions. The average shelf life is 1 year. In a cellar, they can be stored for up to three years.
Tomato sauce for the winter can be prepared in a variety of ways. Everyone can choose a recipe for himself according to his taste and possibilities.