Cornel is a healthy and tasty berry that is common in the southern regions of our country. Many delicious recipes are prepared from it, using both the main component and adding to other dishes. Cornel compotes are distinguished by their special taste and a wide range of nutritional and beneficial properties. Compote can be prepared for lunch and as a preparation for the winter, so that a healthy drink is always at hand.
How to cook dogwood compote for the winter
There are some basic tips to follow when preparing compotes for the winter. Berries should not be overripe so that they do not lose their integrity during heat treatment. Otherwise, the dogwood in boiling water will turn into an unpleasant-looking porridge.
First of all, the fruits should be sorted out in order to separate the diseased, crumpled and burst berries from the main mass. Rotten fruits are also not suitable for further processing. The stalks are removed as they will spoil the taste and appearance of the compote. The sorted berries must be rinsed with running water, and then thrown onto a sieve so that the water glass. It is better not to remove the bones, but it depends solely on the wishes of the hostess. It is not recommended to dry the berries strongly after washing.
Dogwood compote: a classic recipe for a 3-liter jar
For a classic dogwood compote, ingredients are required:
- dogwood - 900 g;
- water - 2.7 l;
- granulated sugar - 190 g.
Step by step cooking classics:
- Wash and sterilize a three-liter jar.
- Wash the dogwood, sort out and remove all the stalks.
- Put the berries in a jar.
- Boil water and immediately pour the berries.
- Drain the water back into the pot and add all the sugar.
- Pour the syrup over the berries.
- Roll up.
- Turn the jar and wrap it up.
The recipe is simple and effortless. It will take only half an hour to cook.
Cornelian compote for the winter without sugar
For diabetics, as well as those who monitor health, compote prepared without sugar is suitable. From the ingredients, you will need 1.5 kg of berries and water. It is optimal to work with liter cans. The berries must be poured so that they do not reach the level of the "shoulders" by 4 cm. Then hot water should be poured into the jar to the very top. Put the lids on top. Sterilization should take 30 minutes. After that, the cans should be pulled out and rolled up.
After cooling, the jars should be placed in a cool, dark place for storage.
Dogwood compote for the winter without sterilization
You can make a workpiece without using sterilization. The ingredients are the same:
- 300 g dogwood;
- 3 liters of water;
- 2 cups sugar.
Step-by-step cooking recipe:
- Wash the berries and put in a jar.
- Boil water and pour over the berry.
- Cover with lids.
- Let it brew for 10 minutes.
- Drain the infusion into a saucepan and add sugar.
- Boil again.
- Pour the dogwood in jars with boiling syrup.
- Twist and wrap. It is recommended to turn the cans upside down immediately after seaming.
Banks should cool down slowly, and therefore it is necessary to wrap them up as warmly as possible so that the cooling lasts for a day.
How to make a dogwood compote with raspberries for the winter
It takes at least an hour to prepare this vitamin drink. But as a result, in winter there will always be a storehouse of vitamins at hand, effective for maintaining immunity and fighting colds.
Ingredients for making raspberry compote:
- 2 kg dogwood;
- 1.5 kg of raspberries;
- 1 kg of granulated sugar;
- half a liter of water.
The cooking stages are not difficult. It is important to follow the step-by-step technology:
- Sort out all the berries, then rinse and pour over with boiling water to soften.
- Pour water into a saucepan and add sugar.
- Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Pour the berries into another container.
- Pour the raspberry and dogwood syrup over.
- Insist 8 hours.
- Add water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Pour into jars and sterilize for 20 minutes.
- Roll up the cans, then turn them over and wrap them in a warm blanket.
Important! All recipes that contain raspberries are great for fighting colds, infectious diseases and strengthening the immune system.
Simple dogwood and apple compote for the winter
Simple apples can also be used as an additional component in compote. This will give the drink a distinctive taste and unique aroma. It is a nutritious drink that can quench your thirst and refresh in winter, as well as give strength and energy.
Ingredients for cornelian cherry compote with apples:
- 1.5 cups dogwood;
- 5 medium-sized apples;
- 250 g sugar.
The cooking recipe includes the following steps:
- Peel the apples and cut them into wedges.
- Put the apples on the bottom of the sterilized jars.
- Top with berries, washed and sorted.
- Make a syrup with water and sugar. It is necessary to heat the water until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the syrup over all the ingredients in the jar.
- Roll up the jar and turn it over. Wrap in warm cloth so that it cools down during the day.
The peculiarity of this recipe is not only in the excellent taste and variety of ingredients, but also in the speed of preparation. There is no need to sterilize it, just pour boiling syrup over it.
Pear and dogwood compote for the winter
This is an unusual cornelian compote for the winter, and if you cook it, then on a winter evening you can surprise guests or even a family, since such compote is rarely prepared. The variety of pears should be chosen according to taste, but preferably the most fragrant, ripe fruits. Then the drink will be aromatic and pleasant to the taste.
Ingredients for a pear compote for the winter:
- a pound of dogwood;
- 3 large pears;
- a glass of sugar;
- 2.5 liters of water.
The water must be clean, the dogwood must be washed and freed from the stalks. Wash pears as well. After that, you can start cooking:
- Wash the berries and core the pears.
- Cut the pear into 4 pieces.
- Sterilize banks.
- Put pears and fruits in a jar.
- Top with granulated sugar.
- Pour boiling water over everything up to half the jar.
- Insist for 20 minutes.
- Pour the rest of the water into a saucepan and boil.
- Top up the banks.
- Roll up immediately with hot lids and turn upside down.
As with apple compote, it is important that the piece cools down slowly. After a day, the cans can be safely lowered into the basement for further storage. In an apartment, a dark place on the balcony is perfect for storage. It is important that the temperature in winter does not drop below zero.
Delicious dogwood compote with plums
For the dogwood compote for the winter, according to a recipe using plums, the Vengerka plum variety is most often used. Other varieties can be used, but it is important to consider the amount of sugar. If the plum is sour, then the amount of granulated sugar must be increased. Thus, you will get a drink that is balanced in taste and aroma.
Ingredients for plum compote (calculated per liter jar):
- 150 g berries;
- the same gram of plum;
- 100 g sugar;
- 700 ml of water;
- 2 pinches of citric acid.
These components are enough for a flavored drink in the amount of a liter can. Recipe:
- Plums need to be washed and cut in half. Get the bones.
- Put berries and plums in a saucepan.
- Cover everything with granulated sugar and add citric acid.
- Cover with water and cook for 20 minutes.
- Readiness will be indicated by the fact that the berries and fruits have sunk to the bottom.
- Pour into previously sterilized and heated jars.
- Immediately roll up the compote and wrap it in a warm blanket for slow cooling.
After a few days, it can be lowered into the cellar for winter storage. This tasty and pleasant in color drink will perfectly help to cheer up and refresh.
How to cook dogwood compote with grapes for the winter
The taste of the drink will perfectly highlight the grapes. These two berries are perfectly combined in harvesting for winter consumption. The ingredients for this drink are as follows:
- 300 g of grapes;
- 300 g dogwood;
- a glass of granulated sugar.
Which grape to take is not particularly important. These can be light and dark varieties. It is important that the grapes are ripe enough, but still firm. During preparation, the grapes should be picked from the branch. You can put it in bunches in a drink, but in this case, the taste will differ in astringency.
- Put dogwood and grapes in clean and sterilized jars.
- It is enough to fill the jars to a third of the height.
- Pour boiling water over and leave for 15 minutes.
- Drain the boiling water into a saucepan.
- Add sugar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour the syrup into jars of berries.
- Roll up and turn into jars.
The taste is unusual, but the combination of southern berries is quite harmonious.
Fragrant dogwood and blueberry compote for the winter
To prepare a drink from dogwood and blueberry, you will need to take northern berries and dogwood in equal proportions. 400 g of berries per glass of sugar and 2.7 liters of water.
Rinse the berries and let the water drain. Then take the following steps:
- Boil water and pour into a container with berries.
- Let it brew.
- Drain, add sugar and make syrup.
- Boil until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour berries and roll up.
After seaming, the jar should be turned over and placed on a dry sheet of paper for checking. If it remains dry, the can is rolled up well.
A wonderful drink will allow you to remember the summer and vitaminize the body in the cold winter season. It is an explosion of taste and aroma.
A simple recipe for winter compote from dogwood with lemon
In addition to the main components, lemon slices are added to this recipe. This is additional vitamin C during the winter. Lemon will make the drink very healthy and pleasant to the taste, with some sourness.
- 1 kg dogwood;
- a pound of sugar;
- 2 liters of water;
The raw materials must be carefully sorted out and washed, removing all the stalks. Then wash all the jars and pour the berries into them. Boil water and pour the contents of the jars. Throw granulated sugar there and stir with a spoon until completely dissolved. Cut the lemon into slices or rings here. Cover the jars with a lid, put in a saucepan and pour water up to the shoulders. Sterilize the compote for 15 minutes. Then roll up and wrap the containers. Leave to cool in a warm place for a day.
Explosion of vitamins: dogwood and sea buckthorn compote
This is a rare recipe that has a great taste and rich aroma. Compote is not cheap, because sea buckthorn is an expensive berry, but the taste and amount of nutrients can set a record for vitamins among winter compotes.
Ingredients for a delicious drink per 1 liter:
- 150 g dogwood;
- 150 g sea buckthorn;
- 100 g granulated sugar;
- a couple of pinches of citric acid (can be replaced with a little lemon juice);
- water 700 ml.
The recipe is simple and takes a little time:
- Raw materials should be cleaned, sorted out and washed.
- Pour berries into a saucepan, top with sugar and citric acid.
- Cover with water, put on fire.
- As soon as the fruits, after boiling, sink to the bottom, pour the compote into the jars.
- Roll up and put to cool.
In winter, this vitamin drink can be drunk both chilled and heated. In the latter case, it will be perceived as a delicious tea with a special aroma.
Berry mix: dogwood, blackberry and gooseberry compote
This option is different in that everyone likes it. It contains fruits with a wide variety of flavors. The procurement process does not differ from the classic recipe. It is necessary to wash and sort out the raw materials, put them in sterilized jars, and then pour boiling water. After boiling water is infused in jars, after 10 minutes you can drain and boil with added sugar.
The resulting syrup, pour the components in the jars and roll everything up at once. Then turn the cans over and wrap them with a blanket until they cool completely.
How to roll up dogwood and quince compote for the winter
To prepare a recipe with quince and dogwood you will need:
- 4 pieces of quince;
- 800 g dogwood;
- 600 g sugar;
- 6 liters of water.
Quince needs to be peeled and seeds removed. Cut into slices. We also prepare the dogwood. Put all the ingredients in a jar. Boil water with sugar for 7 minutes. Pour the syrup over the contents of the jars and leave for 24 hours. Then drain the syrup and add another liter of water. Cook the syrup over low heat for about 40 minutes. Pour into jars and roll up.
Cooking for the winter compote from dogwood and apples in a slow cooker
To prepare compote with apples from dogwood in a slow cooker, it is enough to take:
- 200 g of berries;
- 3-4 apples;
- 2 liters of clean water;
- half a glass of sugar.
- Chop the apples and wash the dogwood.
- Pour everything into a container, add hot water and add sugar.
- Put the multicooker on the "Quenching" mode for half an hour.
- On the "Heating" mode for another hour.
- Sterilize banks.
- Put the multicooker in the steaming mode for 1 minute, so that the compote boils.
- Pour the drink into cans and roll up.
The result is a drink prepared using modern technology. Delicious and fast.
Storage rules for dogwood compote
In order for the compote to be preserved as long as possible, several rules must be observed. First of all, the temperature should not exceed 10 ° C. The room should be cool and dark. The ideal option is a basement or cellar. An unheated storage room is suitable in the apartment. If you store the workpiece on the balcony, then it must be insulated so that the temperature does not drop below zero. With proper storage, dogwood compote can last for at least a year.
Dogwood compote has several cooking options. You can add components for every taste, and as a result, in winter you will get a delicious and refreshing drink.