Herbal medicine is an effective way to maintain immunity. The health benefits of certain plants are also recognized by official medicine. One of the most effective folk remedies is rosehip for immunity. Correctly prepared teas, decoctions, infusions help to survive the season of colds, viral infections “without losses” and strengthen the body as a whole, providing protection against other diseases. However, even such seemingly harmless means have contraindications, so you cannot "prescribe" them yourself - you need to consult a doctor.
Useful properties of rose hips for immunity
It is a medicinal plant, all parts of which are widely used in folk medicine. The general strengthening effect for the body as a whole and the benefits of rose hips for immunity are provided by “shock” doses of vitamins, macro- and microelements.
The plant is the "record holder" for the content of vitamin C. Its main sources are lemon, cranberry and black currant, but the concentration in rose hips is much higher (650 mg per 100 g). It also contains other vitamins necessary to maintain immunity:
- A - activates metabolism, is necessary to maintain visual acuity;
- E - strengthens the body's defense against the effects of negative environmental factors and free radicals, helps to preserve youth for a long time;
- group B - without them, the exchange of proteins, fats and carbohydrates is impossible, they restore and maintain a healthy appearance of the skin, hair, nails.
Important! Rosehip is an effective choleretic, it activates the synthesis of red blood cells. There is a purification of blood and lymph from toxins, their renewal.
Rosehip is an excellent remedy for maintaining and strengthening the immune system
How to cook and drink rose hips for immunity for adults
There are many recipes for cooking rose hips to maintain immunity. But it is worth remembering that this is far from a harmless remedy. Therefore, you cannot "assign" infusions, teas, decoctions to yourself. They are taken only after consulting a doctor. Also, a bad idea that does not contribute to strengthening the immune system would be to abuse funds, increase the recommended duration of the course of admission.
Rosehip tincture to enhance immunity is made only from ripe fresh berries. They should be soft enough to the touch, with a uniform red-orange color. Collect them as far as possible from "civilization", especially from highways, industrial enterprises, large cities.
To prepare the tincture, you will need a glass of fruit and 500 ml of vodka (or diluted with water to the desired concentration of ethyl alcohol). The berries are cut in half, transferred to an opaque glass container and poured with vodka. The vessel is sealed, left in a cool dark place for 30-40 days, the contents are vigorously shaken every day.
Rosehip tincture for immunity is taken three times a day 10-15 minutes before meals. A tablespoon is enough at a time.
For obvious reasons, rosehip tincture is not suitable for strengthening children's immunity.
General rules for the preparation and use of infusion for immunity:
- Use water, the temperature of which does not exceed 85 ° C. Steep boiling water destroys almost all vitamin C.
- Infuse the liquid for at least three hours. Better to wait 8-12 hours, preparing the drink from evening to morning.
- Take a maximum of three glasses of infusion, more or less evenly distributing it over the day. The maximum duration of the course of treatment is three weeks. To prevent problems with immunity, a glass every day in the morning on an empty stomach is enough (about an hour before breakfast).
For the infusion, you will need 100 g of fruit and 0.5-1 l of water. The concentration of the finished product depends on its volume. The berries are washed, passed through a meat grinder or chopped in a blender, poured with hot (70-85 ° C) water. The resulting mixture is stirred and poured into a thermos. Or they just insist in a saucepan, covering it with a lid and wrapping it with a towel.
It is better to brew the infusion in a thermos, as much as possible, so it turns out stronger
Rosehip decoction for immunity
For the preparation of the broth, both fresh and dried rose hips are suitable. A glass of berries is cut or turned into porridge using a kitchen hammer, pour 500 ml of cold water and put in a water bath. It is important not to let the liquid boil. Having brought to a temperature of 70-80 ° C, the broth is removed from the heat after 15-20 minutes, filtered and insisted for 2-3 hours. The entire serving should be drunk in a day, in between meals.
To improve the taste and increase the benefits for immunity, you can add lemon, honey, apples to the product
Important! Rosehip broth to raise immunity can be cooked in a slow cooker. The fruits are put in a bowl, poured with water and turned on the "Stew" mode for 20-30 minutes, it is brought to readiness by activating the "Heating" function (45-60 minutes).
It is extremely simple to brew rosehip tea correctly for immunity. The berries are added to large-leaved black or green herbal tea in the desired proportion. Usually 3-5 pieces are enough for a tablespoon of leaves. Then it is brewed in a teapot. They also drink like simple tea, 3-4 cups a day.
To vary the taste of the drink, you can add other components useful for immunity to the rosehip:
- Fresh or dry black currant, mountain ash, viburnum, hawthorn. The berries are mixed in equal proportions.
- Nettle leaves, slices of fresh carrots. The first ingredient is taken in half. Carrots - about the same as rose hips.
- Dry leaves of lingonberry and black currant. Their mixture (both components in an arbitrary proportion) and tea leaves are taken in equal volumes.
- Fresh ginger. For a tablespoon of tea leaves and 3-5 rose hips, a piece of peeled and finely chopped root weighing 5-7 g is enough. The finished drink turns out to be quite spicy, it is recommended to sweeten it with honey.
- Chamomile, linden, calendula flowers. They can be taken either individually or as a mixture. Here, it is advisable to do without tea leaves.
In general, most of the herbs used in traditional medicine can be added to the rosehip. They are combined depending on what effect you want to get. Tea with rose hips, sage and calendula not only strengthens the immune system, but also suppresses inflammatory processes, with oak bark and lingonberry leaves it gives an antibacterial effect.
Rose hips give regular black or green tea an original sourness.
Syrup is the best way to maintain children's immunity. Due to the sweetish, pleasant taste, there are no problems with its intake. It is prepared from the skins ground in a meat grinder or blender. Approximately 100 g is poured into 150 ml of water, brought to a boil over low heat, after half an hour removed from the stove. Then add 100 g of sugar, stir until all the crystals dissolve.
The finished syrup is filtered, poured into a suitable container, stored in the refrigerator. The liquid turns out to be quite thick, this is normal. Take a tablespoon a day before lunch or dinner.
You don't have to cook rosehip syrup yourself, but just buy it at the pharmacy.
How to give children for immunity
The maximum daily dose of such funds for a child under the age of ten is half the adult norm. To maintain the immunity of adolescents, it is increased to 3/4 of this volume. The regimen is the same as for adults. Drinking decoctions, infusions, teas, syrup cannot be longer than three weeks in a row. Otherwise, problems with the gastrointestinal tract are very likely.
If a rosehip is given to a child for the prevention of colds, he does not have pronounced problems with immunity, 100 ml of a decoction or infusion per day is enough. Half of the portion is drunk about half an hour before breakfast, the second - 1.5-2 hours before bedtime.
Important! The taste of the broth and infusion is quite specific. If the child refuses to drink it, you can add raspberries, currants, cherries or homemade jam from these berries to it.
There are a lot of contraindications for taking rose hips. In the presence of any of them, such means for immunity must be abandoned, despite all their benefits:
- Individual intolerance. Rosehip is a strong potential allergen. The negative reaction manifests itself individually - from mild itching, redness, rash to severe swelling and breathing problems.
- Chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. In addition to gastritis, colitis, ulcers (especially in the exacerbation stage), you can not take rose hips with increased acidity of gastric juice, a tendency to heartburn.
- Any pathology of the cardiovascular system. These include thrombophlebitis. Due to the high concentration of vitamin K, the fruits "thicken" the blood. With caution and only after consultation with the attending physician, rosehip for immunity is taken with hypotension. For those who suffer from hypertension, such funds are a categorical taboo. They also increase blood pressure, possibly even cerebral hemorrhage.
For those who are aware of their tendency to allergic reactions, the first time to try remedies with rose hips for immunity is in minimal doses.
Rosehip contains organic acids in high concentration, therefore, if abused, tooth enamel suffers, caries develops, and the mucous membrane corrodes to ulcers. To avoid this, it is recommended to drink decoctions, infusions, teas through a straw and immediately rinse your mouth thoroughly.
Warning! There are other negative consequences of abuse of the drug - constipation, kidney disease, non-infectious jaundice.
Rosehip is extremely useful for immunity. This effect is provided by the vitamins, macro- and microelements contained in it in high concentration. Decoctions, infusions, teas made from rosehip are an effective general tonic. Of course, the health benefits depend on whether the remedy is done correctly and whether it is abused. There are also contraindications, this also needs to be taken into account, having previously consulted with a doctor, so as not to harm yourself.
Reviews on the use of rose hips for immunity
Olga Kovalenko, 48 years old, Magnitogorsk
The daughter from birth was distinguished by weak immunity, was often ill, practically did not go to kindergarten and school. This continued until, on the advice of the therapist, we began to drink a decoction of rose hips. They cost a penny, but the effect is fantastic.
Alexandra Dyatlova, 35 years old, Magadan
As soon as the season of colds begins, the whole family begins to drink broths and rosehip infusions, we brew teas with it. Add lemon, apples, honey, raspberry leaves, mint there. Both tasty and healthy.
Mikhail Sobolev, 52 years old, Irkutsk
After the operation he could not recover in any way. But a week after I started drinking rosehip decoction, I felt a surge of strength, a pleasant vigor appeared. A year has passed since the course, and I have never had a cold or ARVI.