What salads don't do! Perhaps there is not a single product that would not be suitable for this purpose. And it is quite natural that dozens of types of snacks are prepared from such a tasty and healthy berry as grapes.
Grapes for puff salads: recommended varieties, preparation
It is preferable to use seedless varieties for culinary purposes. A special place among them is Kishmish. The fact is that other grape varieties are grown very far - in Spain, Africa, California, etc. BUT Kishmish brought from Central Asia, which is much closer. The product without the use of special preservatives is not stored for a long time.
And the farther they drive him, the more thoroughly they treat him with preservatives. Among them: paraffin, wax, sorbic acid, potassium metabisulfate - a sulfur compound with which the plant is fumigated in storage. The container is also treated with fungicides from fungal infections. Asthmatics may experience seizures from the last two substances.
Therefore, when choosing grapes, you should not pay attention to one that has an impeccable appearance and glossy shine: most likely this presentation is achieved using chemistry. Less attractive but natural clusters are preferred. It is advisable to make culinary delights from grape fruits at the time of their collection - in summer and autumn. It is better to buy domestic varieties, where there is less chemistry.
The most popular are seedless varieties:
- Superb seedless
- Red flame
- Crimson seedless
- Muscat Muscovite,
- Glenor, etc.
Before consumption, imported grapes should be soaked in cold water, and it is best to briefly hold in hot water with citric acid.
Popular Salad Recipes
There are many recipes for dishes for which grapes are used both as a soloing ingredient and as an attractive decor.
Bunch of grapes
Piquant, delicate, tasty and nutritious lady's snack consists of:
- smoked chicken fillet - 0.5 kg,
- champignons - 300 g,
- peeled nuts - 100 g,
- hard cheese - 200 g,
- three eggs
- 300 g mayonnaise
- a pound of grapes (light or dark).
- boiled and peeled eggs are diced;
- sliced mushrooms fried in vegetable oil;
- the salad is stacked in the following order: minced meat, mushrooms, eggs, nuts, grated cheese;
- each layer is impregnated with mayonnaise;
- put the grapes cut into halves, put on top in the form of a bunch;
- garnish with parsley leaves like grape leaves.
Mushrooms can be replaced with Beijing cabbage or apple. Nuts can be any: walnuts, peanuts, almonds, pistachios. They need to be slightly fried before adding to the dish.
Similar to the previous one. For him we need:
- chicken fillet - 300 g,
- 3 boiled eggs, 150 g of hard cheese,
- zhenya walnuts,
- a glass of mayonnaise
- 200 g of green grapes.
It consists of the following layers:
- diced boiled chicken;
- grated cheese;
- grated boiled eggs;
- chopped roasted nuts;
- grapes cut in half.
The layers are saturated with mayonnaise. The dish must be kept in the refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.
This light and tasty salad, due to its original design, will surely attract the attention of children. For him you need:
- 300-400 g of boiled chicken or veal fillet,
- 200 g of hard cheese
- 300 g of grapes of any color,
- 250 g mayonnaise
- a can of canned pineapples or 200 g of fresh.
Prepare a salad like this:
- cut meat into cubes, spread on a dish, applying a net of mayonnaise on top;
- cheese is rubbed on a coarse grater and spread on meat;
- on top lay pre-prepared pineapples. They are first cut into cubes, mixed with two tablespoons of mayonnaise and allowed to soak for half an hour in the refrigerator;
- grapes are tightly laid on top like a turtle shell;
- the salad is sent for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
For this snack you need:
- 1 egg
- chicken fillet - 400 g,
- 50 g of almonds, walnuts and prunes,
- 100 g of red grapes,
- 200 g of mayonnaise.
Preparing a meal like this:
- chicken fillet is fried in a pan with seasonings, cut into cubes;
- prunes, dried apricots or raisins are soaked for 15 minutes in boiling water with a few drops of cognac, and then thinly cut;
- nuts are crushed;
- cheese and eggs are rubbed on a coarse grater;
- the dish is covered with lettuce, and on it in this order are laid out: chicken, prunes, mayonnaise, cheese, eggs;
- between layers - layers of nut mixture;
- layers can be repeated;
- decorated with grapes, cutting the berries in half.
This is a light salad for a romantic dinner. It is prepared as follows:
- Parmesan cheese - 100 g sliced in centimeter cubes, chopped nuts (100 g), red grapes cut in half (200 g) are laid out on lettuce leaves;
- everything is sprinkled with a tablespoon of white wine vinegar;
- the appetizer goes half an hour to the fridge.
Gypsy or French Gypsy salad
An unusual combination of products gives the appetizer a refined taste.
- hard cheese - 400 g,
- grapes - 500 g
- canned pineapple - 300 g,
- garlic - 3 cloves,
- mayonnaise - 200 g.
- put the pineapple into cubes, spread on the dish;
- sprinkle grated cheese on top;
- further - grapes cut in half;
- all layers are smeared with mayonnaise mixed with chopped garlic.
Fruit salad with melon and grape
The original dessert is prepared as follows:
- a small melon is washed, on one side the “cap” is cut off;
- spoon carefully remove all the seeds with part of the pulp;
- with a round spoon-noisette pulp in the form of balls is taken out as much as possible;
- preparing a dressing in the form of sugar syrup (3 tablespoons of sugar and a spoonful of water), 50 g of orange juice;
- the liquid is brought to a boil and boiled for a couple of minutes, then crushed mint is added to it;
- a mixture of grapes and melon balls is formed inside the melon;
- the salad is poured with a cooled sweet dressing and served to the table.
Features of decor and presentation
Grapes, due to the variety of colors and varieties, on their own make any dish elegant and unique. An appetizer can be laid out in the form of a Christmas tree, leaf, flower, fairy-tale hero and animal. Even a simple salad, laid out on a grape leaf or on a plate in the form of it, looks very advantageous.
On the eve of the New Year, an unusual grape-fruit dessert is relevant "Christmas tree". He needs tangerines, grapes of different colors, kiwi, physalis, apple, carrots and a package of toothpicks.
The construction of the "Christmas tree":
- the base of the apple is cut so that it serves as a stable stand for the whole structure, on the other hand, a hole is cut along the diameter of the carrot;
- a peeled carrot is inserted into the apple, which will become the trunk of the "Christmas tree";
- toothpicks are stuck into the trunk and base, branches will be attached to them;
- peel the tangerines, open the physalis, cut the kiwi into circles;
- prick fruit on toothpicks, starting from the bottom, with the largest of them going to the very bottom;
- toothpicks with fruits can be added if necessary;
- the higher, the pieces of toothpicks should be shorter;
- the crown can be decorated with physalis or strawberries.
Such a delicious "Christmas tree" looks very bright and elegant.
The banal mayonnaise used in many salads can be replaced with sauces made from grape juice, for example, adding olive oil, honey, white pepper to it.
Grapes go very well with noble blue cheese and brie cheese, but black varieties are best served with roquefort and similar cheeses, and white ones with brie.
Shrimp and Grapes Salad Recipe
Grape salads are popular in many cuisines of the world. They are healthy, nutritious, tasty and beautiful. The berry goes well with other fruits, meat, cheese and other products. And the variety of its colors is an opportunity for creativity, because even the same salad with different grape varieties has a completely different look and taste. Imagine, and everything will turn out!