We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Clematis (Clematis) translated from Greek means "mustache". The plant has another name "clematis." It is given to the flower due to an unpleasant odor.
In total, there are about 200 species of clematis in the world that grow everywhere - everywhere except Antarctica and the Arctic. However, most of the plants are concentrated in East Asia.
Key features of clematis (photo)
All clematis, whether "Pink Fantasy", "Jan Fopma", "Saw" or others, belong to the ranunculaceae family. Therefore, all of them have a fibrous or rod root system, paired leaves with 5-7 leaves, usually green in color, and fruits in the form of achenes with fleecy beaks. In this case, clematis achenes are collected in silky, slightly fluffy heads. The shape and color of the flowers may vary.
How to plant clematis correctly
Names and descriptions of the main varieties of clematis for the Moscow region
For the design of garden plots, such types of clematis are often used as:
- blue - "Fujimusumi", "Ramona";
- white - "The Seagull", "North Star", "Cassiopeia";
- violet - "Fantasy", "Vivian Pennel";
- pink - "Absurdity";
- two-tone - "Hope";
- blue - "Biryuzinka", "Souvenir", "Starfish";
- red - "Dawn", "Cardinal Vyshinsky."
Terry varieties are no less popular. Of these, the most famous are flowers such as "Alba of Captivity", "Dancing Queen", "Francesca Maria".
There are a number of varieties, the flower of which is worthy of attention and more than once occupied places at international exhibitions. We will consider them in more detail.
- "Cometess de Busho". Pink, large-flowered prince, characterized by resistance to disease and cold. It has six petals and light yellow stamens. Petals are bent down, flowering is on the shoots of the first year.
- "Venosa Violacea". Beautiful, undemanding variety. The flowers have a contrasting color - the edges are purple, and in the middle are white veins. The flower will be an ideal option for decorating pergolas, arbors and trellises.
- Multi Blue. It is particularly popular. Landed everywhere in gardens and parks. The variety is unpretentious, compact and very attractive during the flowering period.
- Blue Light. It reaches a height of 2 m. The flower has a light blue color, flowering abundant from May to June. The diameter of the glass is medium, the flowers are terry.
- Westerplatte. The result obtained during the Polish selection. The flowers are large - up to 16 cm, color - red-burgundy. Flowering is from June to August.
- "Jan Paul II." It reaches a height of 300 m, the diameter of the flower is 15 cm. The color of the flowers is white with a pink strip. The plant looks great at arbors, walls and other support.
- "Gypsy Queen." It reaches a height of 300 m. The flowers have a dark purple color, purple anthers. Flowering occurs in the second half of summer.
- Niobe. Belongs to the Jacqueman group. The liana reaches 2 m in length, the diameter of the flowers is 17 cm. The color of the sepals is red-purple, flowering from June to the coldest.
- "Arabella". Flowers are undemanding to the type of soil, so they can be planted almost everywhere. However, they require partial shady or sunny areas and support. If you do not provide support "Arabella", it will creep on the ground.
- "Mrs. Spencer Castle." It has a delicate lilac-white color of the petals. The plant blooms from June to September. In height, the clematis reaches 250 cm, the diameter of the flower is 15 cm.
Clematis planting and care
Extravaganza of color
Single Clematis Flowers Hybrid or any other include 4-8 sepals. Terry varieties boast that they have 70 sepals. In the center of each flower are pestles and stamens, which have a contrasting color with respect to the color of the petals.
The palette of petal colors is quite wide. It includes all shades from white to pink, blue, purple, red and blue.
Clematis Flowers Hegley and other species do not fade for two weeks. Late varieties bloom in late summer, early varieties in late spring. Some species have the aroma of jasmine, primrose and almond.
Trim and cover clematis
Clematis flower sizes
Two groups of clematis are distinguished by the size of the flowers:
- small-flowered - the diameter of the flower does not reach 5 cm;
- large-flowered - diameter exceeds 5 cm.
Small-flowered plants are drought tolerant, unpretentious in care, winter-hardy. These include varieties such as Chinese, Tunguska, purple and alpine clematis.
Large-flowered clematis is not so unpretentious, but it looks very impressive. Among them it is worth noting:
- Cholmondelli. The variety has bright flowers and has a long flowering period. It reaches a height of 2 m. The diameter of the flower is 18 cm. There is a need for easy pruning.
- "Julia." The variety has large velvet flowers with a two-tone color of purple and red. Flowering goes from June to the end of summer. The plant prefers partial shade and requires support. Ideal for small areas.
- Jacqueman. It has large flowers - up to 15 cm. Flowering is a continuous carpet and lasts all summer. The color is varied - from white to red, but mostly purple.
All clematis combine perfectly with each other! The use of two or more clematis allows you to create spectacular compositions that can become the main decoration of the garden.