Clematis Flowers (Clematis) look very attractive. Their bright avalanche inflorescences hide buildings located on the territory of the house. Despite the fact that decorative plants are used in landscape design relatively recently, and they need support, they have already managed to win the favor of flower growers due to their amazing appearance and unpretentiousness in care.
Popular varieties for giving
Consider the most popular and adapted to the conditions of central Russia, varieties of clematis, suitable for cultivation in the country. All presented cultivators are completely trimmed at the end of the season and belong to the third crop group.
- "Grape-leaved". The plant reaches 10 meters in height and is great for creating thickets. The flowers are large, double.
- "Manchurian". Bush clematis, in appearance resembling a night violet. It has a pleasant aroma.
- Beata. Requires support, actively grown in our country since 1986. Has large semi-double or simple flowers of a bluish-pink color.
- Cardinal. This hybrid belongs to the Jacqueman group and reaches a length of 2 m. The Cardinal is not afraid of low temperatures and can be planted on the balcony or terrace. The diameter of the flower reaches 15 cm.
- "Burning". A great option for the northern regions, as the plant is not afraid of low temperatures. At the same time, burning clematis remains a highly decorative flower.
- Pielu. The variety was bred in Estonia. The plant is compact. In length, it reaches no more than 1.5 m. The flowers have a lilac-pink color, while on young branches the flowers are ordinary, and on the branches of last year they are semi-double.
- "Nelly Moser." It grows moderately, the petals are painted in lilac-pink. Prefers to be in the shade, it is an excellent option for pergolas, arbors and trellises. The plant needs support so that it can climb them.
- Jacqueman. Actively used in landscape design since 1858. Clematis "Jacqueman" - the result of the crossing of several plant species. It reaches a height of 4 m, has large leaves and purple flowers, is winter hardy. **
- "Alyonushka." The flowers of the plant resemble bells. The plant is very beautifully interwoven with other flowers and is recommended for use as a balcony or ground cover.
- "Ballerina". The variety is easy to grow for both professionals and beginners. The main distinguishing feature is a long and plentiful flowering. Temperature changes, pests and diseases are not a threat to plants.
- "Cardinal Vyshinsky." Compact plant, resistant to frost. Flowers of bright red color, clematis suitable for growing in containers.
- "Solidarity". It features bright red flowers with a diameter of 16 cm. Looks great in arbors, nets and trellises.
- "Cloud". The variety has purple-violet petals. The "cloud" is capable of reaching a length of 3 m. It can climb various shrubs and is suitable for planting around trellises.
Clematis in Landscaping
How to use clematis in landscape design
Clematis in the country looks much more spectacular than a wild plant, but provided that it is located correctly. Most often, the plant is used for vertical gardening, but there are other options worthy of attention.
In any case, the do-it-yourself garden design involves the placement of various varieties of clematis. This is the only way to achieve continuous flowering that will delight you throughout the summer season.
In early May, small-flowered princes bloom in the garden, in late July - plants with large flowers. Planted varieties should be close in shade or, conversely, contrasting, then in the garden there will come complete harmony of color.
Liana has the ability to attach to various surfaces. In view of this, in the country, it becomes possible to plant clematis near various supports - the railing of the terrace, arch, arbor, balcony. Decorate with the help of plants and windows or gates, outbuildings that do not look the best.
Princes can also be planted near tree-trunk circles. In this case, the stems of plants are located on a tree trunk. As a result, after some time, the liana will completely encircle the entire trunk, which will give a very original composition.
Yellow and any other clematis are often located near the wire frame or fence. When using a mesh netting, you can create a hedge anywhere in your site.
Grape vine clematis is also used in the mixborder, but only in the background. In rockeries and on an alpine hill, it is allowed to use low plants to create a flowering carpet. You can drop them yourself, there is nothing complicated in this work.
What plants is clematis compatible with?
Princes look great near small trees and shrubs. Clematis can be planted near plants that bloom in spring. For example:
Another design is the arrangement of clematis with flowers that bloom in the same way as they are, namely: with wake-up, rose and hydrangea. Hot and grape clematis can be placed with purple barberry, hops and fragrant acacia. All work on planting princes is done with their own hands. There is nothing complicated in the location of clematis. It is enough to drop it next to the support and slightly correct it during growth.
We also offer you to learn about the rules of cultivation and options for using stinging clematis in garden compositions.
Ideal for decoration
Ideal for planting clematis - combining them with roses. But the princes and blossoms have different blooms, since roses can bloom in early summer or throughout the season.
If you plant clematis so that the period of development of the flowers coincides with the queen of the garden, the composition of the plants will come out very attractive. Among other things, a rose will be a very good support for clematis.
When designing a composition of roses and clematis, some rules should be taken into account:
- The root system of clematis should be strong before it starts replanting to a rose.
- The dimensions of the plants should be proportionate and approximately the same.
- Every culture should have enough light and space.
- Clematis during planting should be slightly tilted to the central part of the rose.
Clematis: planting, growing and care
Clematis is a plant that can charm any person without exception. Liana looks simply amazing and fits perfectly into the design of any garden. In beauty, the prince is able to compete with any decorative cultures, but there is one “but” - he makes high demands on care. If you do not pay due attention to the handsome, lush flowering can not wait. However, if everything is done correctly, clematis will reward you with several weeks of luxurious flowering.