Cable wells are actively used in almost any building. Stand out systems for power supply and wells of cable ducts.
Using cable devices, installation, repair and maintenance of electricity and communication networks can be carried out without opening underground channels. Various materials are selected for the production of wells, but if you give preference to reinforced concrete, the product will last a long time, since this material is characterized by inertness, high strength and durability.
Communication cable wells are of great importance for the comfort level of a building. They are made of plastic or other materials. Conduct KKS can be done with your own hands and quite quickly. However, since power supply issues require close attention, it is important to act during installation strictly according to the instructions.
Cable well arrangement
Requirements for cable systems and their construction
Cable wells should be built taking into account a number of rules, technical requirements and norms. One of the main requirements for a power cable system is reliability and a long service life. Sewerage can be constantly expanded and improved, and defects, thanks to the flexibility and special cable structure, are quickly eliminated.
During the construction of a cable duct well, it is worth protecting it from:
- electrochemical corrosion;
- mechanical damage arising from compression or displacement of the soil;
- exposure to too high or low temperatures;
- penetration of gas or water into the well.
It is equally important to choose the right place for cable duct wells. It should be an impassable part with good coverage. Crossing the location of the KKS with rails and street roads is prohibited.
The main types of cable wells
Plastic cable wells are used to install, pull, repair and inspect communications cables. Installation of wells is carried out in non-aggressive soils with respect to concrete.
The main varieties of cable communication wells are KKS-2 and KKS-5. They have an octagonal shape and include two halves - the upper one, which has an upper overlap and half of the side walls, the lower one - half of the side walls and the bottom. Also, cable wells in their ceiling have a hole equipped with an access hatch.
A variety of KKS-1 is used for installation on the carriageway and roads or for installation on pedestrian walkways. At the same time, it is important that the pedestrian walkways have a force of 10 tons and a carriageway of 80 tons.
Shallow depth cable systems are also available on the market. They can be located on sidewalks, lawns and under the road. Unlike other types of wells, the coupling in shallow-hole devices is assembled outside, and not in the shaft. Then it, along with the cables, is lowered to the well bottom. There are no seams on the presented structure, therefore, the effect of groundwater on the system will not harm. In this regard, the period of use of the shallow penetration system is much longer.
Regardless of the type, all communication wells are made of concrete of the M200 brand. They are designed to withstand the load of the roadway. At the top of the well there is a reinforced ring. Below there is a special pit for water drainage. Another element of the well worth noting ruffs that allow fixing brackets for equipment and cables, and earrings used to fix the unit during the cable.
The main advantages of communication wells
All KKS are divided into light and heavy systems. Lungs are placed under the pedestrian zone, heavy ones are placed under the carriageway. Communication wells are made of high density polyethylene, and the covers for the device are made of cast iron, concrete or HDPE. Without exception, all cable systems have the following advantages:
- resistance to low temperatures;
- tightness of the structure;
- the possibility of installation in difficult conditions;
- excellent durability;
- light weight;
- long term of operation;
- ease of installation, storage and transportation;
- the ability to connect the model to the sewage free configuration.
How to install
Installation of a cable well takes place in several stages:
- First, a pit is prepared. It should exceed the size of the well by about 200 mm.
- Next, a pillow is made of concrete. Its dimensions depend on the dimensions of the cable well. If the groundwater level is higher than the bottom of the well, bulk soil should be carefully tamped. At the end, an anchor is built from concrete, which will not allow the well to float. Anchor is made using a formwork with a round or rectangular cross section. In the case of installing a well where transport takes place, a 200 mm reinforced slab is poured, which will make it possible to evenly distribute the load.
- Installation of the well itself It is carried out using special equipment, but work can also be done manually. The structure is fastened to anchor bolts, cables.
- Backfill. A mixture made of sand and cement in a ratio of 1/5 acts as a backfill. Tamp it carefully every 20 cm.
Connection to the cable duct system can be carried out by various methods:
- by means of a sliding sleeve with o-rings;
- using a compression sleeve;
- using a sliding sleeve having o-rings.
Communication wells are actively used in buildings of various kinds. They reliably protect cables from damage and last a long time. Wells of the indicated type are made from various materials, but plastic is most often used. Build devices should be in accordance with a number of technical norms and rules. If you use high-quality materials, do not violate the technology and choose the right place, the communication well will serve the house for a long period of time.