Many gardeners sooner or later face the question - how to reanimate an orchid. Phalaenopsis and other flower species often get sick if they are not properly looked after. But if home care is good, the plant will not cause trouble. Even if you got a copy without roots or leaves, you should not despair, you can "revive" it by performing a series of actions.
Save the orchid without roots
An effective method will help restore the roots of the plant - building the root system from the neck of the flower in a container of water. The process is similar to building roots with a socket. In this case, it is important to correctly prepare the fluid for resuscitation. To carry out the work you will need:
- the top of the plant with a growth point;
- water (boiled, cool);
- Activated carbon;
- rooting agent.
After performing the cut, you must wait until the affected area is tightened. It takes 2 hours, and the plant needs to be placed in a warm and dark place.
Next, the orchid is placed in a growth stimulator for 20 minutes. Then the flower is moved into water with a dissolved tablet of activated carbon and rearranged in a warm place with diffused lighting.
Resuscitation of phalaenopsis involves rubbing the leaves with a special composition that includes glucose. So the plant will quickly gain strength. A good effect is obtained by foliar application, you can use the tool "Dr. Foley Orchid."
At home, moisture will quickly evaporate from the tank, you should not forget about it and periodically add water. The plant does not have to touch the water, it can be a few millimeters above it.
Revive the roots of the presented method will turn out after about 2 months. After they reach a length of 6 centimeters, the orchid can be moved to the substrate.
Soil for phalaenopsis, surviving root restoration, requires a special one. The best option is moss-sphagnum, used in the preparation of various substrates for orchids. It has several advantages:
- ecologicaly clean;
- It is inexpensive;
- you can prepare it yourself.
After the resuscitation of the orchid is completed, and the roots have reached a sufficient length, the plant can be transplanted from moss into a pine bark.
As you can see, resuscitating phalaenopsis without roots at home is quite simple.
Orchid Care: Phalaenopsis Root Treatment
Resuscitation of a flower without leaves
Resuscitation of an orchid, which has problems with leaves, is carried out in different ways. It is important to know that aging and yellowing of the leaf is a natural process. The norm is if the leaf lives for several months and dies. If the leaves fall quickly, then perhaps the plant has a dormant period - such a reaction is characteristic of dendrobiums.
In monopodial orchids, for example, Phalaenopsis, the death of the two lowest leaves is considered natural. Sympodial varieties, for example, Dendrobium, can get rid of foliage every 1-2 years. The leaves of the Dendrobium Nobile are characterized by a relatively short period of life - up to 18 months.
Some species dump them during the dormant period, for example, Kalantha. But in the new phase, the plant forms a lot of new foliage. The Tropicans foliage persists for many years.
How to determine the cause and solve the problem
How to reanimate an orchid, which has almost no leaves? Often problems with leaves begin from the roots, ceasing to supply parts of the plant with a sufficient amount of moisture. If the orchid has not received moisture for a long time, the substrate dries up, which means that it is necessary to moisten the roots urgently, dropping their water for 10 minutes, and spray the leaves with water.
If there is waterlogging of the roots, it should act differently.
- After a problem with the leaves is noticed, remove the plant from the pot, inspect the roots. Living roots after lowering into water acquire a greenish tint, become stiff. If they have not acquired the desired color, they should be trimmed with scissors. To form a new root system, you can use the tool "Kornevin."
- After processing, the leaves are sprayed, the orchid itself is transferred to a container with a transparent closing top. For this purpose, an aquarium covered with plastic wrap is well suited. It will be easier to cure the plant in an impromptu greenhouse. The greenhouse should be placed in a warm place with sufficient light supply so that the leaves can carry out photosynthesis. An important condition is to air the room every 2 days and periodically spray the leaves.
- How to save an orchid? A good effect is given by foliar top dressing once every couple of weeks. For this purpose, a special fertilizer is taken, which is diluted in a concentration 10 times less than root dressing. The resulting solution should be sprayed with an orchid. It is important to ensure that the moss is constantly wet. After 2 months, the plant is transplanted to the bark. Orchid will fully recover in a year.
How quickly the orchid will recover and what to do next
After carrying out restoration work, the orchid will not begin to come to life immediately. Someone's plant returns to normal after a month, someone else a year later. If resuscitation was carried out in the fall or spring, the chances of quickly putting the orchid in order becomes greater.
If the plant began to look better and new roots appeared on it, top dressing should be stopped. Usually, a new root system develops quickly, after reaching the roots of 5 centimeters, you can transplant the phalaenopsis into a pot.
Important! Watering after resuscitation should be moderate, the substrate must have time to dry out.
In a new pot, the flower should be fixed so that the roots do not break. For this, sticks are used, to which the plant is attached.
How to reanimate an orchid
Now you know how to save an orchid. To restore the plant will require a lot of effort and time, but if everything is done correctly, the result will please - the flower will again take on an attractive appearance.