We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Today you can rarely meet an indochka at home. Few indigenous breeding in the household, but meanwhile, this bird deserves attention for its unpretentiousness and a large number of positive qualities, including easy care and fast weight gain.
Domestic indothos, or musky ducks, are a fairly large species of ducks at any age. In the wild, they are common in Mexico and South America, where they were domesticated. The maintenance of indolects, as well as the cultivation and care of them, is possible even for beginner poultry farmers. Breeding indochok has recently gained popularity in our country.
Indochka is a specific breed. Poultry farmers call the indochot differently, but most often they are called "dumb", musky or tree-like ducks. Indoor women have an unusual appearance. This bird has characteristic pink-red growths around the eyes and beak, which makes it possible to distinguish an indochka against the background of its counterparts. Special fat is allocated special fat, which has the smell of musk. From here this bird takes its name.
In breeding, rearing and caring for indole, the need for poultry for pasture feed should be taken into account. In summer, the most common grass is used for feeding indolets. Feeding an indochka in winter is somewhat more difficult. For this reason, the cultivation of this bird is most often carried out in the summer.
In autumn and winter, balanced forages are required for feeding an indochka, which consists of 80% of compound feeds or grain crops and 5% of wheat bran. Vitamin supplements should not be neglected. Only knowing how to feed an indolect, and observing the rules for caring for them, you can count on a good result. Indoor meat has excellent palatability and is easy to distinguish from other poultry meat for its high nutritional value.
Distinctive features and features of breeding
The male and female indolects are similar in appearance to other domesticated ducks, but differ in a short thickened neck and altered body proportions. Most often, the beak of the male, unlike the female, forms growths of coral color. They sometimes reach very impressive sizes, which makes it easy enough to distinguish the drake.
The colors of the plumage of the female and male may be different. You can find both a plain white, black or red individual, and a drake possessing a combination of all these colors in plumage. It is quite rare to distinguish a male by body weight.
Indians are characterized by a high rate of egg production. An egg of an indoutka can weigh about 80 g. Ducklings of this bird from birth are surrounded by care and attention. It should be remembered that the male and female indolect maintain instinct for flights. That is why it is necessary to trim their wings when the bird reaches adulthood. Indoor fish do not need special care and are highly resistant to disease.
Indoor: care and maintenance
Care and Feeding
Indochka differs from other species of poultry by its unpretentiousness and calm disposition. Regardless of how many musky ducks will be in the compound, they will not cause disturbance, noise and din. That is why it is very convenient and profitable to breed such a bird.
Like other types of poultry, indochka requires good nutrition. In summer, the bulk of the feed is made up of green grass, and there is not too much grain feed. However, in the winter period, cereals become the basic feed and represent an energy source of nutrition for indole.
In standard conditions, musk indolets must be fed:
- wheat, barley and other types of cereal feed. Particular preference is given to indigenous musk maize;
- a variety of vegetables;
Indoor women are unpretentious in food, but they need caloric content of feed, therefore it is necessary to supplement the feed with industrial waste, including molasses, fodder yeast, as well as bran or cake. With such components, the bird gains weight very quickly.
The feeding regimen may vary due to the duration of the laying. In addition, the amount of nutrition is affected by age and breed. Small ducklings are especially demanding on the nutritional value of the feed. It is at a young age that the health of the bird is laid, and the final result depends on how much effort, time and money will be invested at this stage.
Regardless of how much feed is supplied to the daily diet, feed moisture should not be more than 18%. A good result and weight gain is shown by the use of wet mash based on cereals with herbs. Once upon a time, mixers were the main feed of domestic ducks, but at the moment it is more correct to feed the bird with a balanced dry food.
Features and benefits of the breed
The main advantages of musk indotok are:
- the greatest viability in comparison with other breeds of farm birds. Under standard nursing conditions, ducklings show a survival rate of over 95%;
- lack of requirements for special conditions of detention, regardless of age and breed. Even ducklings grow and develop perfectly in an ordinary shed without drafts;
- there is no need to arrange a body of water, and when learning to swim ducklings, the Indians easily adapt a small trough with water;
- ducklings and adult musk indoutos of any breed do not create discomfort with a scream or noise;
- not only an adult bird, but also very small ducklings are completely unpretentious in food and easily adapt to any type of food;
- Indoor females carry edible very large eggs, the average weight of which is about 70 g. During the year, each female lays about 100 eggs.
It should be remembered that indochka of any breed can periodically pluck feathers from each other, which is due to an insufficient amount of nutrients in feed mixtures. This situation is easily corrected by adding greens and vitamins to the ducklings and adult birds. It is especially important to supplement feeds of slightly grown ducklings.
You may also be interested in an article in which we talk about the intricacies of growing ducks at home.
At present, breeding of the following breeds of indigenous has become popular:
- white indochka with a characteristic snow-white plumage;
- black-and-white indoutka with the main black plumage and a slight greenish-violet tint;
- brown wild indochka with a very interesting plumage of chocolate color;
- brown-white indoutka has a chocolate-brown plumage with a slight tint;
- the black indochka has a gray fluff, on top of which there is a bright black plumage;
- blue indochka with plumage color of a pale blue shade and bright edging of feathers;
- wild indoutka;
- wild blue indochka;
- white with an indochka pattern.
How to make duck food
The immunity of musk indo-females of any of the listed breeds is quite strong and high. However, special attention should be paid to the prevention of viral hepatitis and pasteurellosis. In addition, the bird may be susceptible to the incidence of aspergillosis and salmonellosis. Prevention consists in observing the temperature regime, lighting and vitaminization of birds.