Petrov cross is known to most inhabitants as a scaly or crypt. Many call this plant king grass.
Petrov cross or Lathraéa currently refers to plants from the Zarazikhov family. Until recently, this dicotyledonous was included in the list of the Norichnikovs. Most often, this amazing plant chooses shady places in the European forests and in the Caucasus for life. A typical place of growth is represented by broad-leaved and spruce-broad-leaved forests. Single plants can be observed in temperate forests.
Several types of plants described in the article gained wide popularity and distribution:
- secretive or lathraea clandestina;
- Japanese or Lathraea japonica;
- purple or Lathraea purpurea;
- Balkan / Rhodope or Lathraea rhodopea;
- scaly / common or Lathraea squamaria typus.
To the family of Petrov cross out of order Luciferous include several species of flowering plants that parasitize on the root system of numerous trees or shrubs. A characteristic feature is the absence of chlorophyll in the plant.
The height of the stem covered with fleshy modified leaves is from fifteen to thirty centimeters. It is common for a root system to attach another tree or bush to the root system.
The root system of the plant is attached by suction cups to the root system of the tree, due to which this grass sometimes stretches over considerable distances. The plant has racemose inflorescences, and the color of the flowers varies depending on the species.
The initial stage of development of the king grass is in the underground layers. The main vegetation occurs in the spring, when the grass enters the phase of active sap flow.
We also offer you to learn about the peculiarities of the cultivation and healing properties of frankincense.
Petrov Cross refers to a very peculiar and interesting representatives of the Russian flora. For its "nutrition" this herb uses the power of other plants and belongs to the representatives of parasitic flowers. The structure of the rhizome gave the plant such a specific name. The roots have a fork at an angle of ninety degrees, which reminds a kind of cross.
Petrov Cross - a parasite of forests
The stem of the plant is very interesting. It is covered with white scales having peculiar cavities that go out through a narrow slit and slightly resemble the glands of insectivorous plants. It was this feature that made it possible to classify Petrov Cross for some time as a predator plant. To date, the grass has "rehabilitated" its honest name, and scales attribute the property of evaporation of moisture released through the glands to the scales.
Petrov Cross is a vivid representative of parasitic plants, the pink inflorescences of which resemble candles. This herb is not capable of photosynthesis and does not have green leaves and stems. The most commonly described plant parasitizes on the roots of alder, linden, poplar, bird cherry and hazel. White highly branched roots grow together with the roots of the donor tree.
The grass of the plant is noticeable exclusively in the spring, and the seeds are able to quickly ripen and crumble. It is almost impossible to grow such a plant on a site, and under natural conditions, the Petrov cross is a fairly rare and endangered species of medicinal plants.
For use for medicinal purposes, it is necessary to harvest plant materials during the flowering period. All grass must be used.
- Petrov cross is widely used to treat diseases of the liver, gall bladder, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract, as well as gynecological diseases.
- The plant allows you to regulate ovulation of the egg, and also stimulates its fertilization and normalizes the muscle tone of the uterus. Due to these properties, the medicinal plant is used to treat infertility.
- King grass has proven itself in the treatment of ascites and cirrhosis. In addition, it has the ability to remove excess fluid from the body, as well as stimulate the activity of the heart, kidneys and liver.
- The antitumor properties of the plant were noted due to the large number of alkylating substances.
The use of a medicinal plant
The most common recipe for a variety of decoctions from the grass of Peter the Cross. For a properly prepared broth, the crushed roots of this medicinal plant are used.
- One tablespoon of plant material is poured with a glass of boiling water.
- The infusion must be closed with a lid and brewed over low heat for twenty minutes.
- Then the prepared broth is cooled to room temperature and filtered.
- Such a decoction must be taken twice a day in half a glass.
No less effective is the tincture of Petrov Cross, which, thanks to a fairly easy method of manufacturing, is especially popular and in demand.
- For preparation, you need a fresh medicinal plant, the crushed roots of which need to be more than half filled in a glass container. The crushed raw material is poured with 60% alcohol.
- The resulting herb-alcohol mixture is insisted in a dark and cool place for at least three weeks.
- The container needs to be shaken daily to obtain an even distribution of the plant.
- The resulting tincture is used half an hour before meals. Before use, thirty drops of tincture should be diluted in fifty milliliters of water.
Flowering plant Petrov cross
The most effective is the grass of the Petrov Cross plant in combination with aconite, hemlock, backache and Pallas milkweed, which have excellent medicinal properties.