The pyramidal flowerbed is the know-how of gardeners, which can be increasingly seen on our sites. There really is something to admire: a relatively small structure, and at the same time there is such a miniature botanical garden. The garden structure is also attractive because not the most experienced gardener can build it.
Prepare all the necessary tools in advance so that you do not have to interrupt the construction process afterwards due to searches, for example, chisels.
So, to get our unusual flowerbed, you will need:
- emery paper, a plane (maybe - a grinding machine), if necessary, processing boards;
- a corner, a pencil and a ruler - a standard set;
- drill with a drill-blade;
- paint protection for wood (or impregnation).
Do not forget directly about the soil, which we will fill the pyramids in the flowerbed.
We focus on the flowerbed, whose area is 1.8 meters. To do this, the board should be 2.4 meters in size. In total, we need 16 boards, of which six are long.
Algorithm of actions: step by step
We proceed to the construction of the structure.
- First, we’ll create a template that will help you not to spend a lot of time on layout. The template is applied to the edge of the board, encircled with a pencil. We will cut along these landmarks. We draw slots, slots, they are needed to connect the boards. In our case, the dimensions of the grooves will be as follows: from the edge of the board to the first groove - 5 cm, on the opposite side we make the so-called second inverse groove - the distance will be 20 cm. On the first two boards, the inverse groove is not needed. The depth of the groove is 5 cm. All joints of the grooves are copied, otherwise one cannot be sure of the strength of the structures.
- The marking is completed, the grooves need to be cut out. Let's make cuts with a hacksaw; In this case, there is a risk that the chips will not be perfectly smooth. Therefore, we will use a little trick: in a marked groove 1 cm from the edge, drill a hole. And we’ll make cuts before the drilled hole: so they will be smoother.
- We make the first floor. We take four boards with a specified length of 2.4 meters. We do the second grooves, the reverse, on only two boards (the distance from the first is 20 cm).
- The second floor is going down - only 2 boards will be required (length - all the same 2.4 m).
- Third floor: also two boards, only their length is reduced by 30 cm.
- There will be three more floors, which are constructed in the same way as the third.
- The boards are processed with sandpaper, a plane or a grinder.
- We apply paint or any other impregnation that prevents decay.
- Now it remains only to collect a flower bed. The scheme is simple, remember the skills of collecting a designer with children.
- It remains only to fill the pyramid with soil and plant the plants. The flowerbed is ready!
You can also learn how to make an original flowerbed from a construction grid.
Features of placing flower beds
Today, there are several variations of the pyramidal flowerbed. Derivative materials can be very different. But regardless of this, there are some spatial requirements for such flower beds.
The space should be free, it is logical if the pyramid is the center of the entire garden composition. It should be equally well visible from all sides. An exception may be if some important accent is placed next to the flowerbed: maybe a gazebo or a bench. In a word, what is an important construction for you, the place at which you want not only to decorate, but to make it the brightest. Also, the pyramid can avoid the fate of the center if you decide to make two or more symmetrical flower beds. We warn you that it only looks good in fairly spacious garden areas.
To make the right emphasis on the center of the flower bed, you need to plant tall plants. This will be the core of our flower arrangement. Around will be groups of smaller plants, a sort of cone with fairly gentle slopes. A flowerbed with such a composition can be equally admired from absolutely all sides.
Do not forget about the edge of the flowerbed! Let's make a worthy bordering of our design: it will either be a lawn up to 20 cm wide, or such a cute border made of undersized plants.
If we settled on a variant of the curb, the following plants will look great:
- sod phlox;
- spring primrose;
- undersized astilbe;
- iris (dwarf);
- some bulbous;
Flowers on a flowerbed - composition tips
We must place bright, self-sufficient flowers in the center of the composition. It can be phlox, peony, aquilegia, marigolds, aster, cloves, left-handed, stunted dahlias. Remember the rule of the center: more tall plants (compared to those that will be on the edges).
In the center of the pyramid, it is better to plant plants looser, and denser along the edges. This is necessary so that the flowerbed has a clear form, compositionally competent. In addition, such a planting will favorably affect the abundance of flowering plants.
The combination of shades of plants in a pyramidal flower bed
Color also matters - it creates the mood of the whole composition. Here are just a few examples of color matching:
- orange + blue;
- blue + red;
- purple + orange;
- blue + orange;
- yellow + red.
Experts recommend the following factors when choosing plants for a flower bed (including a pyramid): the color of the plants, their size, the shape of the petals and leaves, the timing of flowering and the degree of growth.
Now in fashion, flowerbeds are monochrome, or exploiting one color palette (for example, all shades of purple).
When deciding on a new garden experiment, do not forget about a single nuance. The pyramidal flowerbed in its system is similar to children's games with the collection / analysis of structures. Therefore, to make it easy. Carefully consider the selection of flowers and building a plant composition. Given these simple factors, you will become the owner of a wonderful garden accent that will delight you and your guests.