With the onset of steady spring heat, each garden needs timely measures aimed at protecting trees and shrubs. Along with the awakening and swelling of the first kidneys, insects starving for the winter period wake up. Spring spraying of trees helps rid the garden of pests and pathogens.
Objectives and timelines
Sprinkling garden trees in the spring is carried out in several stages and has different goals.
Destruction of overwintered pests
Such treatment is carried out before the very first buds open. The most successful drugs for this procedure are fungicides. The most effective use of drugs based on copper. Such fungicides include copper sulfate and Bordeaux liquid.
During this period, the use of urea or preparations containing urea is undesirable. Nitrogen-containing substances affect the processes of vegetation and work as a "growth activator", stimulating premature awakening of plants.
Rid of leaves from curls
This event is aimed at destroying the fungal pathogen that lurks between the kidney scales and causes twisting and falling of the foliage, as well as disrupts the entire growing cycle.
Prevention and enhancement of tree immunity
Spraying is carried out "according to the bud" and is carried out with a preventive purpose against the appearance of powdery mildew, scab, moniliosis.
Destruction of the remained pests and top dressing
The final spring spraying is carried out immediately after flowering. It is very effective for the destruction of pathogens of certain diseases and insects, and also helps to saturate the garden trees with nitrogen.
To spray trees and shrubs requires not only patience and time, but also knowledge of certain rules, as well as the availability of special equipment. Spraying plants is carried out using the following equipment:
- compressor or piston hand pump;
These include a multi-layer respiratory mask or gauze, rubber gloves and goggles. It is advisable to use overalls or a work dressing gown.
Depending on the timing of spraying and goals, it is necessary to purchase special preparations or independently make solutions for treating garden plants.
The technological process for spring processing of the garden does not cause difficulties, but spraying of plants must be carried out taking into account some rules.
- A compressor or pump spray the insecticide evenly over the entire surface of the plant.
- Leaves are processed from two sides at once.
- Spraying trees should be carried out exclusively in dry and calm weather.
- After each procedure, it is necessary to rinse the entire inventory without removing the protective equipment.
Toxic substances are used for spraying, so immediately after processing the plants, you need to thoroughly wash your hands and wash yourself, as well as rinse your mouth.
Selection of funds
Spraying trees in spring can be carried out using ready-made chemicals or using the bactericidal properties of other plants.
They have convenient factory packaging, quickly and evenly dissolve in water. The maximum decay period depends on many factors and can be several days or a month.
Such drugs are very effective and help to defeat several types of diseases and pests in one spray. Reprocessing is not performed.
Biological products do not have chemistry and are made exclusively on the basis of active microorganisms or bacteria.
Well-proven and effective drugs are used to spray garden trees and shrubs in the spring.
- Before the buds open, insecticides are used, containing copper or iron sulfate, as well as a cheap, but very effective Bordeaux fluid.
Such spraying saves the garden from scab, spotting, flower beetle, kleasteosporiasis, coccomycosis, and also destructively affects all hatching larvae and overwintered insects.
- During flowering, copper-based preparations are treated, and DDT powder, anabazine or karbofos are also used.
Such measures help to destroy ticks and weevils, increase the immunity of plants and are a good prevention of fungal diseases.
- After flowering, combined preparations are used.
Spraying is performed to kill pests, and also acts prophylactically on the formation of wood rot.
Preparation and purpose of solutions
All solutions intended for spraying trees, fruit and berry crops are prepared immediately before use. The best time to use such formulations is in the early morning or evening.
- The most common and quite effective remedy for many years is a solution of copper sulfate. It should be diluted in a proportion of 100 grams of powder per 10 liters of water.
- To combat ticks and larvae, you can use colloidal sulfur or Neoron.
- Weevils are destroyed with the help of special hunting belts, which are based on glue "Alt", "Vo-vlip", "Clean House".
- Against copper flakes, leafworms, moths, aphids, apple flower beetles, a good effect is achieved by using the Kinmix, Decis, Inta-VIR, Fastak and Karate preparations.
- Plants with different periods of awakening of the buds, as well as during the growing season, can be treated with 1% Bordeaux liquid or with the Abiga-Peak remedy.
- To combat scab and fungal diseases, as well as for preventive purposes, 5% urea solution or Nitrafen, Chlorofos, Rayek and Tanrek preparations are used.
Spraying trees in spring
Timely and correct spring treatment of garden trees and shrubs is the most effective means of combating pests and diseases and allows you to get a high and high-quality harvest of fruits and berries.