We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Bamboo is one of the most popular plants in landscape design. The thing is that it is durable, looks unusual and develops very quickly.
Bamboo used to be used as a garden plant only in Southeast Asia and the Far East. Now it is used everywhere, even on Sakhalin. However, before planting bamboo in your area, you need to understand some rules.
Types of decorative garden bamboo
At the moment, there are approximately 1 thousand plant species.
Conventionally, they can be divided into:
- grassy low;
- straight-bore with a rigid stem.
It should be noted that different varieties like different conditions. So, in Europe, Fortune bamboo is actively used. It has variegated leaves and an elegant stem. The plant needs careful care.
There are frost-resistant varieties, for example, Shibataea kumasaca. The presented option looks great in pots. It does not grow very much.
It is easy to make landscape design unique if you use such an exotic plant as bamboo. But for this it is necessary to apply it correctly.
The plant is used as:
- framing for balconies;
- decoration for entering the house;
- background for other plants;
advises you to read an article on how to make a hedge.
Beautiful foliage provides many options for translating the most amazing ideas.
It is interesting that bamboo is used not only in "living", but also in dried form. Its sticks become a good support for climbing plants, for example, grapes.
You can dry the bamboo yourself. To do this, the plant is cut directly under the root, and then it must be put on the floor in the house to make the sticks even. Harvesting is made in the fall.
To decorate balconies and patios, you should choose a slowly growing variety.
A great option is Shimbatea kumasasa. You can arrange the entrance to the house by placing flowerpots with bamboo in front of it. At the same time, they must be massive in order to withstand the weight of a rapidly developing plant and withstand the winds. It is also important that flowerpots are better to choose large, since bamboo is developing rapidly.
Decorative bamboo. Landing and care
In order for bamboo to grow on your site and delight day after day, you need to provide him with competent care.
We present you a number of rules that are mandatory:
- Any freshly planted bamboo needs to be mulched. To do this, dry leaves are added to the soil. Over time, leaves from the plant will fall off on their own, which will allow you to observe the necessary shadow and water regime.
- Bamboo feels best in partial shade, in drained soil.
- Choose windproof areas of the garden.
- Do not plant a plant in the garden during droughts or frosts.
- When planting bamboo in a pot, it is necessary to protect it from the cold. To do this, wrap the pot and shoots with a plastic bag. Do not forget to put straws on top of the soil.
- In spring, the soil is mulched with garden compost.
- Bamboos love watering every day.
- If you decide to plant a plant in the garden, know that it can quickly occupy the entire plot. To prevent this from happening, dig a groove before planting bamboo. Its walls will have to be trimmed with plastic sheets. So the roots of the plant will develop in height, not in width. After they come to the surface, it is recommended that they be cut off with secateurs.
The following types of culture are prone to quick “capture” of a land plot:
- Sasa veitchii;
- Indocalamus tesselatus;
- P. Pigmaeus;
- Pleioblastus humilis var. Pumilus.
It is worth remembering that bamboo is very fond of light. In summer, the plant will need a large amount of fresh air. The soil must be moist. Fertilizers are applied 2 times with an interval of 28 days.
If you decide to cultivate bamboo, you need to familiarize yourself with how this happens. In fact, reproduction is not difficult.
- In the spring, they dig 4 stalks of bamboo, which has already reached 3 years of age.
- He transplanted to the place on the site where there is a partial shade. In this case, the depth should be familiar to the plant.
- Ample watering is carried out.
- 1/3 of the tops of the shoots are cut off and planted in the soil.
The optimum temperature for growing bamboo is 20-32 degrees. If the ambient temperature is low, brown spots will appear on the leaves of the plant.
In summer, watering should be plentiful, by winter it should be reduced. If the plant lacks moisture, the leaves will also be covered with brown spots.
You may also be interested in the material in the article “Watering systems for summer cottage”.
So, bamboo is a wonderful plant that is widely used in landscape design. At the same time, do not forget that it is growing rapidly.