We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The garden is the place where you want to relax. At the same time, no one is stopping you from realizing your creative potential. Often the landscape for the garden comes up with a specialist. And you can decorate the territory with garden figures yourself!
Arrange jewelry correctly
In order to decorate the garden correctly, you must follow simple rules. First of all, garden figures should be combined with the nature and design of the site.
How to do it?
- If you are not confident in your abilities, cut out the shapes from cardboard and arrange in the garden. See what the result looks like? If necessary, remove excess parts or swap them.
- It is important not to overload the territory. The garden figurine does not have to become the center of the garden. Perhaps, in your case, it would be better if it is alone, but always combined with vegetation.
You can learn how to make garden animal figures.
The choice of jewelry depending on the style
Garden figures form the magic of the site. This means that they should look harmonious and combine with other design elements.
- So, in a Chinese garden, it is best to use a limited amount of decor. You can plant a figurine near the "moon gate" or at the inner walls. In the Chinese garden, a dragon or a lion will look great. The dragon can be planted right at the entrance to the site, let it protect the owner from unkind people.
- A great option for a natural garden would be Mowgli, who fell asleep on Bagira's back. You can use elves, dryads and other mythical creatures.
- In the classical garden, only those products that were made of valuable materials - bronze, marble, natural wood, will look appropriate. Remember the Summer Garden in St. Petersburg. Of course, it is unlikely that you can perform such sculptures yourself, but for a classical garden only such products will become the best option. In view of this, if you decide to put garden sculptures in it, you will have to turn to professionals for help.
- Country style lovers can safely place the German gnomes in their garden or create a whole world of fantastic creatures - gnomes, elves, garden spirits.
- The rustic style is quite unpretentious. There may be figures of people, and animals, and fairy creatures. The main thing is to observe a sense of proportion. For example, you can make a cow figure a hero of the composition, and then arrange smaller animals in different parts of the garden.
- The basic principle of the Japanese garden is minimalism. For this reason, stones are more often placed here than sculptures.
For any style solution, you can choose a suitable figure from metal, wood, gypsum. It doesn’t matter whether you buy the product in the store or do it yourself.
- One of the most popular material options for garden figures is wood. From ancient times, the tree has been revered as a source of life. That is why the figures made of the presented material are so attractive to people. They seem to retain living warmth, so even kikimors and foresters do not seem scary to us. Garden figurines made of wood can be anything: a pianist with a piano, forest spirits, a hut on chicken legs - your imagination is unlimited.
- One of the cheapest options is a foam product. In this case, the figures are waterproof and quite durable. Often, donkeys, snails, storks, dolphins are created from mounting foam. The donkey looks original, but in order to make it, it will take a lot of effort. First, the frame is assembled from plastic bottles, cups and wire. Then the foam is applied in stages. It is important that each layer is dry! They correct the product either before or after drying with the help of a clerical knife. Then the product is strengthened with moisture resistant grout.
- If we talk about how gypsum garden figures should look like, it is worth noting that they do not have to be grandiose. It can be an ordinary funny cat, a funny snake or a huge butterfly. Plaster is a standard material for the manufacture of garden figures. The main requirement that is presented to him is strength. If the product is small, you can sculpt it without a foundation, for large figures you will need the preliminary production of a reinforced frame.
- Any summer resident in a huge amount has unnecessary pieces of iron, from which you can make attractive figures for the garden. The best method of fastening in this case is welding. What can be used as components for a product? It can be:
- pipe trimming;
- metal cans;
You can make anything from metal. Perhaps a faithful metal dog will appear in your garden, or maybe a garden nymph, a grasshopper or a charming pig.
You can learn how to make a wooden horse in the garden with your own hands.
DIY garden figures
How to make DIY garden figurines
Often, store options are not suitable for embodying your own ideas. But do not despair, because you can make garden figures with your own hands. Materials such as gypsum or polyurethane foam are best suited for this.
They are easy to cut, the product can be painted at its discretion, and stencils are not forbidden to facilitate the task.
The most common option, which everyone can do is a bun figure. Everything is simple. Make a hole in the rubber ball and fill it with foam. Then carefully cut the ball and get the ball. It remains only to paint the product.
So, figures made of completely different materials will help to decorate the garden. In this case, you can make a worthy decoration of the site yourself. But do not forget that decorative elements must match the style of the garden.
DIY hay figures
Figures in the garden (20 photos)