To create a unique landscape design, lovers of the beautiful use a variety of planting techniques, choose their various types, carefully control the color palette of the composition being created. The result of the efforts of the compilers of natural architectonics often amazes the imagination with its captivating and bewitching magnetism. Among the variety of lushly flowering landscape illustrations, monochrome gardens deserve special attention.
At the first meeting with such flower beds, an erroneous impression may be created: someone will not have enough contrast and color, but someone will find the composition too primitive and unprincipled. But behind the simplicity of monotony hides the true nature of its creator. More restrained natures will paint their plot in a white palette, and sensual ones will decorate with a ruby placer of red shades. Such a garden makes you carefully consider its individual sections, in search of more and more new species of plants of this captivating landscape plot.
Features of creating solid gardens
People who are not particularly aware of the specifics of composing landscape compositions, when meeting with a monochrome garden, may get the impression that it does not require special knowledge to create it. In fact, monochrome gardens are the most complex in terms of compilation and selection of plant species.
To create such a decor for a personal garden, by all rules, you must adhere to certain criteria and take into account some of the subtleties of planting and planting:
- The “correct” monochrome flower garden has many shades of the chosen solo color. At the same time, shades should smoothly "flow" from one to another, from dark to lighter, creating a feeling of a man-made landscape picture.
- When choosing plants for planting in a specific territory of a monochrome garden, it should be borne in mind that at different times of the day, human vision perceives the same shade of a flower differently.
- If the choice fell on a plain flower garden, this does not mean at all that under it you should occupy the entire free territory. To do this, you can choose a specific area where you can retire and relax surrounded by your favorite color.
You should know that a monochrome garden is able to optically affect individual corners of the garden. So, for example, for unlit areas, you should opt for a white garden composition, which will visually make this place brighter. For a sunny meadow, monochromatic compositions of juicy orange shades are better suited.
- If once you saw a monochrome masterpiece in a photograph in your favorite magazine or with friends at the site, you decided to create a similar oasis in your garden, it is recommended to start with a small flowerbed under a plain flower garden. Monochrome gardens are not for everyone. For the most part, they are possessed by people for whom a certain color is of great importance. Often, he has a psychological beneficial effect on them, is a certain soothing association. But what is good for one, then the other may not be in joy.
- It is a mistake to believe that monochrome gardens can include shades of only one color base. The meaning of monophonic compositions is to highlight the selected limited palette. Therefore, in order to highlight the color, along with plain plants, contrasting flower beds are planted, emphasizing with their presence the majesty and originality of the basic tone.
- In order for all the elements of the monochrome garden to be combined into a single harmonious picture, they should be supplemented with decorative elements (garden figures, paving, alpine slide, arch, etc.).
- When choosing plants for monophonic compositions, it is necessary to carefully look at copies with original greens. As a rule, in colorful gardens, the appearance and shade of the flowering part of the plant play an important role. A monochrome garden is perhaps the only type of landscape decoration where foliage plays a greater role than flowers.
- If the area allocated for landscape decoration is quite extensive, then the most luxurious option for compiling a monochrome flower garden is the creation of so-called "plain rooms". The essence of such a solution is to divide the site into separate monochrome territories, fenced from each other with the help of "living screens", which can be either trees with flowing branches (for example, willow of the Ural breeding), and a garden grid along which wander around shrubs (for example, hops).
Compositions in one color can become elements of both the classical version of the garden with plants harmoniously combined with each other, and avant-garde design with seemingly incomparable participants in landscape decor.
- One of the important nuances that should be taken into account when choosing plants for monophonic gardens is the maintenance of the main color, starting from spring and ending in autumn. That is, the lush spring bloom of the selected color palette should smoothly be replaced by summer colors, imperceptibly turning into the autumn color scheme. Moreover it is necessary to use not only flower arrangements, but also the fruits of shrubs and trees, as well as colorful foliage, which, as you know, is not only the classic green shades, but also yellow, red and even purple. Such a continuous change of some sources of shades by others is a clear indicator of the skill of its creator and the subject of his unreasonable pride.
Monochrome garden at the cottage
The Unstoppable Energy of a Red Plain Garden
Red color is quite energetic and leading. He is able to charge strong people with his powerful energy. At the same time, its excessive amount in home gardens can cause a feeling of fatigue. Therefore, it is recommended to use red flower beds in the form of separate impregnations, as well as as an arrangement of accents of garden decoration and delimitation of its individual zones. In addition, you should know that red color optically reduces the space of a personal plot, so for small areas it is better to choose a different color to create the necessary monochrome landscape compositions.
To eliminate the red obsession when creating flower beds and flower beds, it is recommended to use contrasting shades of this color: scarlet, burgundy, pink, etc.
For the most harmonious combination of plants for the kindergarten, it is recommended to adhere to the following recommendations:
- Plants such as daylily, bearded iris, hydrangea, panicle and comb cellosia, snapdragon, lupine blooming in various shades of red are best suited for compiling a mixborder in red.
- On the beds of the red garden will become a real decoration burgundy astilbe, everlasting tuberous begonia, inimitable peonies, touching buttercup, passionate poppy and shy grouse.
- To create a landscape design in red tones, not only flowering plants should be used, but also trees, as well as shrubs, the crown of which is painted in all shades of the color of passion and energy. In autumn, they will act as the final chord of a bright and rich symphony of color. A purple apple tree, common hazel, winged euonymus, spruce maple and common squump will fit very harmoniously into the composition in red tones. A magnificent scattering of autumn berries will complement the composition of barberries, mountain ash, viburnum and even rose hips.
Red color can sparkle with unusual colors if supplemented with plants from a different color scheme. In order to achieve a colder shade of red in close proximity to such plants, it is necessary to plant narrow-leaved lavender, decorative wormwood varieties, Italian cumin, which silver sprayed leaves give the flower garden a unique effect. To expand the visual perspective, the red monochrome garden should have blue splashes.
The tenderness of the white monochrome garden
Among all monophonic gardens - white is the most advantageous option. Such a natural creation, created by the hands of a landscape designer, has a peaceful effect on everyone who sees it.
The combination of delicate white and juicy greens is a classic option in the composition of landscape compositions.
In order for the White Garden to look really majestic and grandiose like the famous Sissinghurst White Garden, some features of its composition should be taken into account:
- To create a harmonious white garden symphony it is necessary to adhere to the principle of continuous flowering. To do this, in the spring, the described plain garden should be decorated with delicate crocuses and white galanthus, modest lilies of the valley, inimitable pansies, stemless primroses and touching crested, proud daffodils and delicate tulips. It should be remembered about the undersized ground covers, which will give the necessary white background to a monochrome flower garden.
- In the summer, lush flowering decorative shrubs will decorate the white garden. Flowers during this period are also relevant. In the middle of summer, it is the turn of gladioli, daisies, lilies, aconites and many other equally beautiful flowers painted in numerous shades of white. Harmoniously complement the composition of the plant with decorative greenery, which has in its color interspersed with white, silver, blue and gray. These can be various types of plants such as the Lungwort, host, Brunner, Geicher, Yasnotok and many other beautiful representatives of various faunas.
- It should be remembered that one of the symbols of cleanliness and inaccessibility is the rose. The monochrome garden, decorated with this queen of flowers, will look truly aristocratic, especially its curly varieties, the branches of which will decorate the garden arbor or serve as a hedge. To complement the composition will allow flower beds with white and cream roses.
- The autumn garden can be painted in uncharacteristic white tones by the decorative-deciduous cultures described above, as well as autumn flowers (asters, chrysanthemums, etc.). And the leaves with white stripes of reed grass, bukharnik and ryegrass harmoniously complement the snow-white composition of a delicate garden.
The optimism of the orange garden
Orange is associated with sunlight, warmth and a sense of celebration.
A garden in such rich colors will add light and color to every corner of the garden. It is believed that this color stimulates mental activity, cures depression and even stimulates the digestive system. However, being too surrounded by an orange flower garden can lead to insomnia and headache. We recommend reading the article on the prairie garden.
To create an orange mood garden, the following tips on choosing and placing plants in the territory allocated for them may come in handy:
- To decorate flower beds, flower beds, rock garden, gazebo and mixborder, you should choose plants not only with orange color, but also with shades of yellow. With proper placement of plants, you can achieve the effect of golden overflow.
- Emphasize the luxury of yellow-orange shades will allow interspersed with purple and deep blue. In this case, you must ensure that the orange color is not suppressed by its floral companion.
- To create an orange garden, lilies, decorative varieties of calendula, marigold, sandersonia, eschscholzia, iris, as well as daylily and lushly flowering rose varieties of fiery shades are perfect.
- To decorate the arbor, you can use nasturtium, planted in an elegant flower pot.
- The rock garden will be decorated with unpretentious rocky alissum and magnificent vinidium, and fragrant marigolds are often used to decorate borders in orange gardens.
- In the fall, such garden compositions will be adorned with a variety of shrubs and trees crowned with a crown of flaming foliage.
Having an artistic taste and love for plants, you can create monochrome gardens in other equally attractive colors that will delight the eye, and soothe the soul of everyone who can appreciate the versatility of one color. You can read an article about the features of the design of the site in the country style.